Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke387 View Post
    So far im not too impressed lol. Noticed the new F3LTD (registered it yesterday - new) pulling to the right for its first 33 miles, was already irritated. To make matters worse on the last mile i barely made it home. Trans began slipping pretty bad, engine light, flashing N, the whole shebang. I have to say im not a fan at this point. Even before the trans issue, my first impressions of this thing is that you can never relax on it. Its super twitchy, theres no way i can just sit back and chill out on it like on my cruiser bikes. The second you relax the front end just wants to grab every crack in the road and keeps you hyper vigilant. Im super surprised by this. I read a ton of reviews and everyone seems to love them.
    The trans issue doesnt make me feel any better. Starting to think this was a really expensive mistake right now.
    Before all the worrying about making a mistake, don't you want to take it to a dealer and give them a chance to check things over? After all it is under warranty. If your not confident with the dealer you bought from, I'm sure some of the members here can tell you of a reputable one in your area.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Again, this is another clear case of dealer mismanagement. I am glad that I said that before the normal Spyder Haters jump all over this one.

The dealer does not allow test Rydes, that may be the single dumbest thing I have ever heard. This is a $20K purchase, always test Ryde it!
    Secondly, I would be interested to know how many miles were on the Byke when you got it. How can a dealer know if it is operational if they did not Ryde it 5 miles or so?
    Third, considering how the vehicle was delivered to you, would you want to take it back to the same folks?
    Fourth, I am also curious about how much time they spent with you during the delivery. If you did not test ryde it, I would think that they should have given you ample demonstration, followed by a mandatory test Ryde with a return to the dealer for final approval.

It just sounds like this dealer is a buffoon.

Joe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post
    Again, this is another clear case of dealer mismanagement. I am glad that I said that before the normal Spyder Haters jump all over this one.

The dealer does not allow test Rydes, that may be the single dumbest thing I have ever heard. This is a $20K purchase, always test Ryde it!
    Secondly, I would be interested to know how many miles were on the Byke when you got it. How can a dealer know if it is operational if they did not Ryde it 5 miles or so?
    Third, considering how the vehicle was delivered to you, would you want to take it back to the same folks?
    Fourth, I am also curious about how much time they spent with you during the delivery. If you did not test ryde it, I would think that they should have given you ample demonstration, followed by a mandatory test Ryde with a return to the dealer for final approval.

It just sounds like this dealer is a buffoon.

Joe
    There was 1 mile on it so they def wouldnt have noticed the alignment issue.
    And yes it makes me hesitant to go back there.
    The demonstration part was ok actually. Coming from a ton of motorsport vehicles in the past it wasnt all that new to me.
    I do agree though that it sounds like poor setup and i may call around to see who has reputable service at this point.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default This observation will probably irritate you...

And I only share it as a true in life example. In regard to the twitchy. Some one I know very well, no names will be mentioned to protect "the innocent". Got on his new Spyder..similar to you...have over 50 years of two wheel ryding experience. Bottom line he was loudly complaining about what a dog the Spyder was...twitchy hard to handle...you got the picture. Straight forward speaking dude who was listening. Said yep I get it you have ridden and ridden well for 50 years but you will hate that Spyder until you become teachable and willing to learn the Spyder way to ryde.
    As far as jerking around like others suggest...get ahold of a good Laser alignment person...for me there is only one Squared Away (Ann & Joe Meyer) and they travel the country doing their "magic". Contact them, they are also site sponsors, and see when they will be in your area.
    And I agree with others...dealer probably didn't assemble something correctly. The reason I drive 2000 miles to buy my Spyders is I know in my knower that Pitbull assembles them correctly. I feel assembly is that critical. Plus the ryde there is beautiful.
    Throwing codes at 34 miles...yea I'd be saying "not so nice" things and sitting on my dealers doorstep when he opens. for sure... But I've put close to 150k ryding my Spyders and my F3t is an even better cruiser, IMHO, then my Rts were. I leave Weds on a month long 8-9000k Spyder ryde. Yep luv ryding .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    And I only share it as a true in life example. In regard to the twitchy. Some one I know very well, no names will be mentioned to protect "the innocent". Got on his new Spyder..similar to you...have over 50 years of two wheel ryding experience. Bottom line he was loudly complaining about what a dog the Spyder was...twitchy hard to handle...you got the picture. Straight forward speaking dude who was listening. Said yep I get it you have ridden and ridden well for 50 years but you will hate that Spyder until you become teachable and willing to learn the Spyder way to ryde.
    As far as jerking around like others suggest...get ahold of a good Laser alignment person...for me there is only one Squared Away (Ann & Joe Meyer) and they travel the country doing their "magic". Contact them, they are also site sponsors, and see when they will be in your area.
    And I agree with others...dealer probably didn't assemble something correctly. The reason I drive 2000 miles to buy my Spyders is I know in my knower that Pitbull assembles them correctly. I feel assembly is that critical. Plus the ryde there is beautiful.
    Throwing codes at 34 miles...yea I'd be saying "not so nice" things and sitting on my dealers doorstep when he opens. for sure... But I've put close to 150k ryding my Spyders and my F3t is an even better cruiser, IMHO, then my Rts were. I leave Weds on a month long 8-9000k Spyder ryde. Yep luv ryding .
    Well this and others here certainly gives me hope. I generally dont rant and rave and condemn a product until i get time on it after knowing its as good as it can be setup-wise. Then at least i know i have an honest representation of the intended design.
    Im not sure about going back to my dealer and am currently researching a few others to call in the am. Also letting it run right now so that i can check the oil level. Manual says it has to be operating temp. I had forgotten to mention that the trans started slipping before the lights all came on. I also read how these have limp home mode but i dont think they slip the trans to do that. Was kind of hoping maybe a sensor caused limp home mode, but after thinking about the actual slipping, maybe not.
    *Edit - oil is perfect and full
    Last edited by Slowpoke387; 05-07-2017 at 10:08 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

first let me say welcome to spyder world, and take a breath and relax. also i have not read everything people have said to you, but i will tell you what i went through. after riding two wheels for many years i went to a 2013 RT limited. at first i loved the bike. then i started thinking i made a mistake. i didn't have the mechanical problems you had right out of the box, and i feel for you because of that. get that bike back to the dealer right away. but once i started riding with my friends again, i found myself lagging behind, because of the way the bike handled. i was so uncomfortable it was unreal. the great people on here helped me realize what i was doing wrong, and i started riding by myself for a little so i didn't have to keep up with anyone, and sure enough, i got used to the bike, and learned to handle turns and corners.

my main problem was with heat on my bike. it drove me nuts. it took some time for them to fix the problem, but they did. but the F3's on here get nothing but fantastic reviews. so i think once you iron the few problems you have, and i don't think you should of had them, i am sure you will be happy with the bike. please feel free to ask any question you have on this forum. the people on here are some of the best people you will ever want to talk to about the spyder. they are very helpful, and funny also. MANY HAPPY MILES AND SMILES TO YOU MY FRIEND

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    first let me say welcome to spyder world, and take a breath and relax. also i have not read everything people have said to you, but i will tell you what i went through. after riding two wheels for many years i went to a 2013 RT limited. at first i loved the bike. then i started thinking i made a mistake. i didn't have the mechanical problems you had right out of the box, and i feel for you because of that. get that bike back to the dealer right away. but once i started riding with my friends again, i found myself lagging behind, because of the way the bike handled. i was so uncomfortable it was unreal. the great people on here helped me realize what i was doing wrong, and i started riding by myself for a little so i didn't have to keep up with anyone, and sure enough, i got used to the bike, and learned to handle turns and corners.

my main problem was with heat on my bike. it drove me nuts. it took some time for them to fix the problem, but they did. but the F3's on here get nothing but fantastic reviews. so i think once you iron the few problems you have, and i don't think you should of had them, i am sure you will be happy with the bike. please feel free to ask any question you have on this forum. the people on here are some of the best people you will ever want to talk to about the spyder. they are very helpful, and funny also. MANY HAPPY MILES AND SMILES TO YOU MY FRIEND
    Thanks for the welcome and its funny that you mentioned the lagging behind thing. Because of the alignment/nervous twitchy feeling in the front, my short ride had me feeling the same way. I found myself actually thinking "wow normally id be going 10mph faster here". Ive never ever hopped on a new machine and not felt confident before. Ive had snowmobiles, quads, jet skiis, road raced motorcycles on a semi pro level, had dirtbikes, not to mention 15-20 street bikes over the years, and yet this thing had me losing confidence lol. I found myself noticing cars catching me from behind which never happens lol. Oh well, an alignment and time hopefully will cure it.