Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default iMotorsports Quotes?

Can someone explain to me how iMotorsports "Quotes" function is supposed to work? Are the quotes simply the same as the listed price? Or are they different?

I'm looking for a 2016 leftover, and requested quotes on two different Spyders days ago, via e-mail. But the only response I've gotten back is:

1. "What's your zip code?" (which I've provided), and,

2. When I asked for a quote with and without floorboards, I got "The 2016 Can Am Spyder F3-T SE6 does not come with rider or passenger floorboards. Both are options you can add on to the machine and pricing would depend if you wanted chrome or black. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns I can answer for you."

....But still no price quote.

Are my expectations off? Or am I going about this the wrong way?

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

I think they don't want to misquote for a bike you don't want. I'd list all the options you do want, I've seen pax floorboards and driver pegs on some, full floorboards on some, so they want to know what you really want to give you a price. I've not bought from them, but they gave very competitive quotes when I was shopping. I just came across a local bike that the wife liked as much as I did.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Go to a dealer where you can see it and touch it. The people you are dealing with probably don't even have the bike. Also, service is much more important that a few bucks on purchase price. Depending on your specific position on the subject, are they stealing business from a real dealer that puts his money and effort into being a real dealer?

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

2015-07-16 15.27.36.jpg2015-07-16 17.03.04.jpg2015-07-16 15.42.31.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by rcturner View Post
    Go to a dealer where you can see it and touch it. The people you are dealing with probably don't even have the bike. Also, service is much more important that a few bucks on purchase price. Depending on your specific position on the subject, are they stealing business from a real dealer that puts his money and effort into being a real dealer?
    If you look at the home board, Imotorsports is a sponsor on this site, they have a HUGE number of Spyders in stock, that is where I sat on and then purchased mine. They have a large dealership and a service department that is great. 'jason@imotorsportsinc.com' This is the sales person I purchased mine from, he is still there, and just a day or two ago someone on this site was giving him a shout out about how good he is.
    The attached pic is just one direction in the showroom, just as many spyders on the opposite side, and the other direction. Also my wife and I as proud new owners.
    Last edited by Fatcycledaddy; 05-05-2017 at 04:13 PM.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I bought my RT Limited from I Motorsports. Great price and handled everything by phone. Call and talk to Jason. Great folks. The offered to deliver to Ohio for free. I decided to take my truck and trailer and pick it up in Chicago. Very good buying experience. I would HIGHLY recommend them!!
    2015 RT Limited Red
    2017 Harley Street Glide

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

iMotorsports entered the marketplace after I bought my first Spyder (RT Limited), so I have no experience with them. The only thing I can say is that my out of state delivery experience was a nightmare. Too bad my wife and granddaughter were also caught up in the debacle. I guess I'd say that if you go the non-local dealer route, be sure all the T's are crossed and I's dotted.
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Why do you say Imotorsports is not a real dealer?

Spyder Garage

I called and spoke with Jason. He got right on it and next day I had a super price on 2016 F3T. Got the color I asked for. I live in Houston, Texas and they delivered the bike the next week. Great trade in allowance too. Took my trade in and put in trailer and done. Delivery was flawless. I'm talking about serious better price that anyone here locally offered.
    Do yourself a favor and call Jason.
    Buckskin

Quote Originally Posted by newbert View Post
    Can someone explain to me how iMotorsports "Quotes" function is supposed to work? Are the quotes simply the same as the listed price? Or are they different?

I'm looking for a 2016 leftover, and requested quotes on two different Spyders days ago, via e-mail. But the only response I've gotten back is:

1. "What's your zip code?" (which I've provided), and,

2. When I asked for a quote with and without floorboards, I got "The 2016 Can Am Spyder F3-T SE6 does not come with rider or passenger floorboards. Both are options you can add on to the machine and pricing would depend if you wanted chrome or black. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns I can answer for you."

....But still no price quote.

Are my expectations off? Or am I going about this the wrong way?

Thanks!
    2016 F3T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Jason is the Man and Imotorsports is the place

Imotorsports is #1
    Bought my 2015 F3-S from Jason best pice and gave us what we wanted for our trade and free delivery and pickup of our trade we live in CT. Also 15% off any option we wanted .
    2015 F3S , silver

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Imotorsports went above and beyond what was expected. I did a write up on my experience and i stick by it. No local dealers came even close.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I did not intend to suggest that Motorsports not a good dealer or less than totally dedicated to being a good all round sales and service facility. My point is that the local dealers need to be dedicated to being a real dealer with good sales and service. And, if you don't support your local dealer, you won't have one. They all have expenses and if they can't make a living selling, servicing and and providing after market farkels for your toys, they won't be there when you need them.

Spyder Garage

I did not intend to suggest that Motorsports not a good dealer or less than totally dedicated to being a good all round sales and service facility. My point is that the local dealers need to be dedicated to being a real dealer with good sales and service. And, if you don't support your local dealer, you won't have one. They all have expenses and if they can't make a living selling, servicing and and providing after market farkels for your toys, they won't be there when you need them.
    I see what you are saying, and get your point. But I have now purchased 2 new spyders and 1 used one. There are 6 spyder dealers within 75 miles of me. I tried them all, and they all were anywhere from $3,500-5,000 above what i paid for my new spyder. I even told them of my deal and offered that plus $1k just to buy local. After making my purchase, I went back and talked to the dealers and found the most capable and now they do all my service, without hesitation. And yes, because I am a good customer to their service department, i get priority service.

Spyder Garage

when i got my '15 rts i tried imotorsports. on the same machine, loves park
    motorsports beat them by 500.00. could be cause i had bought from them
    before . dont know. they also matched the extended warranty a couple of
    months later too. have had great warranty service also. they came 45 miles
    and picked it up when i was having shift sensor probs.

i think i talked to jason too. never called back to check w/me.very short
    on the phone. maybe i have that affect on people. back then they wouldnt sell a
    unit to another dealer either. a lot of dealers do help each other in dealer trading
    for colors, etc.--irv
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Spyder Garage

I purchased my 2015 RT L from IMotorsports dealing with Jason, over the phone, great experience. I tried to deal with my local dealer, told him what IMotorsport quoted and he laugh at me and said no way was I getting that price, he wanted full list price. So I told him I was headed to Chicago, the man didn't want my money, and I had my first service with my local dealer and the tech broke my mirror clips, didn't fix it until I road it and noticed the mirror moving around, had to drive back to the dealer and have it fixed, so tell me again why I should support my local dealer?
    2015 RT L , Red

Spyder Garage

I also bought my 2015 RTS from iMotorsports and it was a very comfortable transaction. First talked over the phone and through several emails later, got the price for my trade in, a 2012 RTS. I tired to deal with the local Spyder dealers, but they all said that they could not match my price with a trade. It was several thousand dollars folks. Not a 500 or 1000 dollar difference. Tell me who wouldn't buy from a dealer that was several thousand dollars difference in price unless you have money to burn. Well after nailing down the price, the wife and I travel to Elmhurst, Ill. to check out the dealership and to see their operation. Was greeted at the door with friendly personnel, signed all the paperwork. Just that easy. The new Spyder was delivered several weeks later and my trade-in was picked up at the same time. Easy peasy.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Seems we get a couple sides to the story. Bottom line, most seem to be happy with their dealings with Jason and iMotorsports.

Dealers that refuse to budge on price should have some competition. iMotorsports seems to provide just that.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

If I were in the market to buy today ... I would call Jason - as he comes highly recommended from the responses I see here.

When I bought mine last year I went to a local dealer 3 times in 7 days and he kept quoting me the MSRP as their asking price and I purchased elsewhere . I even went back to the local dealer to get the extended warranty - they were $600 higher almost double the lowest price I got from shopping around with others I learned about from reading on the spyderlovers site.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks to all for your responses.

To those who bought from iMotorsports after negotiating with your local dealer ---- How does the dealer feel about servicing your Spyder now?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is a very good question... and one that should be asked to any dealership that you are investigating.
    I wouldn't be a bit surprised if you find yourself at the "end of the line", when you bring in a bike that wasn't sold by the servicing dealership.
    It may just be me... (probably is! ), but I would MUCH rather buy the bike based upon where I'm going to get the best service possible.
    I don't consider the selling price as part of the decision-making process....
    You'll forget all about the price: you won't forget about a horrible service experience!

P.S. My dealer is Klinger PowerSports, in Walton, NY
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

it's not just about the cheap or cheaper price. it's about how was the bike put together? do you want someone who just slaps it together or someone who is actually trained and really cares about the end product.

there is always someone out there willing to sell you something cheaper. I learned a long time ago you get what you pay for. do your homework and find who you want to deal with first and then work on the price and see if you and the dealer can find a happy meeting place.
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

I personally went to my local dealer for the first service. After I dropped the bike of the service manager said the sales manager wanted to talk to me. He asked me why I didn't buy from him. I was honest and told him I was told by his salesman that I would have to wait for one to be put togather so I could try it out. After numerous phone calls too the salesman, each time telling me it wasn't ready yet, I was dropping my son of for a mission trip flying out of Ohare airport, had some tome to kill, had saw spyder advertised by motorsports so I went over there. I found what I liked, bought it, add never bothered to call the salesman back. In fact at that point I soul had not received a call saying they had one for me to ride.
    He apologized and took me to the service manager and told him to take good care of me because he wanted me to buy the next one from them. He shook my hand and service was great.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DJFaninTN View Post
    it's not just about the cheap or cheaper price. it's about how was the bike put together? do you want someone who just slaps it together or someone who is actually trained and really cares about the end product.

there is always someone out there willing to sell you something cheaper. I learned a long time ago you get what you pay for. do your homework and find who you want to deal with first and then work on the price and see if you and the dealer can find a happy meeting place.
    i agree and imotorsports would not have the reputation they have if they just slapped them togather.
    There are also people who will not budge of of list price and rip you off.
    Last edited by Fatcycledaddy; 05-06-2017 at 06:07 PM.

Spyder Garage

The part that confuses me about this whole thread is that we have a sponsor of this site that it appears a lot of people have supported and purchased from, who treats people well, has a great service department, something we all desire in a dealer, and yet because he doesn't fit your opinion of a local dealer he is looked down on.

We should all be thanking them for their sponsorship and be supporting them!
    Last edited by Fatcycledaddy; 05-07-2017 at 07:27 AM.

Spyder Garage

I AGREE THEY OFFER GOOD DEALS BUT WHAT ABOUT SERVICE AFTER THE DEAL.

THEN EVERYONE WAMTS TO GO TO THEIR LOCAL DEALER AND BITCH CAUSE THEY HAVE TO WAIT.

YOUR LOCALS WILL TAKE CARE OF THEIR PURCHASERS FIRST. THAT'S THE BAD PART. BUT WHICH IS ALSO THE RIGHT THING TO DO

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by newbert View Post
    Thanks to all for your responses.

To those who bought from iMotorsports after negotiating with your local dealer ---- How does the dealer feel about servicing your Spyder now?
    After buying my first spyder from a dealer in Texas, I went over and talked to my local dealer. I explained to them that i had tried to purchase from them, but the price was not even in the ball park. But if they gave me good service, I would be back again and again (as I am not a mechanic). I was assured that I would be their first priority. True to their word, they have been good to me, and been ready to match or beat any dealer in the area on parts or service. This was on my 2014 RT.
    Step ahead to 3 weeks ago, I was having my 2014 RT serviced and I made the mistake of driving their 2016 F3T. They were more than happy to let me go out for a nice drive. After the test ride, I explained that I would be in the market if the price was right. Well, they made me an offer on the bike (left over 2016 without the audio). Their price was $4k more than the one I purchased from Imotorsports, with the audio. Needless to say, I didn't buy from the local guy. I talked to them since, and they appoligized and said they would still give me the great service that I have always received. On top of that, I get 10-15% discount on parts, and earn points toward every dollar spent that takes off the bottom line price.
    We need to remember, repeat customers in their service dept. is where the money is.