Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gazunni View Post
    I am starting to look for a trailer in the next month, so whenever you can give it a whirl, it would be appreciated.
    I'll provide you an update this week with photos showing the Spyder RTL on the trailer with hitch on...we'll see what happens!
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

I have an Aluma 6810 HT
    It tilts
    Will be transporting my RTL with trailer hitch this Thursday. Will try to remember to take and post a picture.

Cappy
    Replaced my Lamonster Certified RT Limited #1874 With a 2018 RTL.

Spyder Garage

Default hello

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    The spyder set-up that mike is talking about works. My 2012 spyder was on the trailer, it did not move.

The strap that goes over the center of the rear tire, and under the spyder and secures to the front of the trailer. The strap does not touch your tupperware.

Deanna

Nice meeting you at meeting in Vt yesterday Dave C.

Spyder Garage

Default Pictures for you - loaded the RT today on the Droptail Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Jim&Teresa View Post
    I'll provide you an update this week with photos showing the Spyder RTL on the trailer with hitch on...we'll see what happens!
    Yes, it will fit with the hitch on. However, the end gate does not remain vertical as it has several positions in can be locked in. It's at a slight angle backwards in the first hole from vertical. I just installed the hitch on my Spyder RTL and wanted to know this as well - I hope this helps you!

Some pictures from today for you:
    Pic 1: Loading RT on Droptail Trailer with rear part of trailer hydraulically lowered
    Pic 2: RT on trailer, still rear part of trailer lowered
    Pic 3: RT on trailer, rear part hydraulically raised and locked
    Pic 4: Rear end gate raised and one hole from vertical position (normally vertical without hitch bike), shows clearance to hitch's mud flap
    Pic 5: Another clearance shot showing where the rear end gate is in relation to the hitch's mud flap
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Why is the wood necessary?

Yes, it will fit with the hitch on. However, the end gate does not remain vertical as it has several positions in can be locked in. It's at a slight angle backwards in the first hole from vertical. I just installed the hitch on my Spyder RTL and wanted to know this as well - I hope this helps you!

Some pictures from today for you:
    Pic 1: Loading RT on Droptail Trailer with rear part of trailer hydraulically lowered
    Pic 2: RT on trailer, still rear part of trailer lowered
    Pic 3: RT on trailer, rear part hydraulically raised and locked
    Pic 4: Rear end gate raised and one hole from vertical position (normally vertical without hitch bike), shows clearance to hitch's mud flap
    Pic 5: Another clearance shot showing where the rear end gate is in relation to the hitch's mud flap

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gazunni View Post
    Why is the wood necessary?
    A precaution so I don't catch my bumpskid on the rear gate ramp since my driveway is uneven. It pays to be careful when loading. .....good luck with your trailer purchase - there are a lot of good trailers out there.
    Last edited by Jim&Teresa; 05-08-2017 at 10:29 PM.
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Been following this thread and am confused on how people tie the bike down on the trailer! I have a flat bed aluminum trailer with single ramp and I have a F3T. I usually go up to the local school and drop the ramp down on the curb and the bike loads and unloads real easy but not sure how I should tie it down!
    Last edited by I-Day; 05-09-2017 at 02:08 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by I-Day View Post
    Been following this thread and am confused on how people tie the bike down on the trailer! I have a flat bed aluminum trailer with single ramp and I have a F3T. I usually go up to the local school and drop the ramp down on the curb and the bike loads and unloads real easy but not sure how I should tie it down!
    I have an 6x10 Aluma enclosed trailer and I use a ratchet strap through the rear tire and another ratchet strap up front a-arm to pull it tight. Have been thinking about getting some E-Track and run a strap around the front tires.
    Wayne Bishop

2015 RT-S Special Series
    2017 F3 Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wrb3004 View Post
    I have an 6x10 Aluma enclosed trailer and I use a ratchet strap through the rear tire and another ratchet strap up front a-arm to pull it tight. Have been thinking about getting some E-Track and run a strap around the front tires.
    Erickson Mfg has a wheel chock and tie-down strap kit. You can also by 4 pre-cut 2 slot E-track pieces and then just by the over-the-tire strap.
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Default Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by retread View Post
    I have an Aluma 7210bt, with the 24 inch side rails, and a bifold ramp, the front section of the side rail is solid, think "rock guard". Cost was around $2500.

john
    So does the bifold ramp still a 4 feet ramp, is there loading issues?
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

2014 RT , White (Mine) Cognac (wifes)

Spyder Garage

Default Always strap it down

I always ratchet strap down the Spyder on the trailer when travelling - two straps with protectors through the front wheels to frame of trailer. One strap on back tire with protector sleeve. I purchased the Droptail ratchet straps when I bought the trailer and they are very good! The only time it sits on the trailer without it being strapped down is when it's parked and just sitting still on the trailer.
    Last edited by Jim&Teresa; 05-09-2017 at 12:17 PM.
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyclekid58 View Post
    So does the bifold ramp still a 4 feet ramp, is there loading issues?
    I haven't measured it, but I'd say between 5 and 6 feet when opened.

john

Spyder Garage

Had a similar problem with bumpskid and found if I lower the rear shock air pressure and sit on the passenger seat when loading it went on fine.

A precaution so I don't catch my bumpskid on the rear gate ramp since my driveway is uneven. It pays to be careful when loading. .....good luck with your trailer purchase - there are a lot of good trailers out there.

Spyder Garage

We bought the 18' from Shadow trailers in Ocala Fl. We have pulled it with our Dodge Journey with the RS and St on it, without any problems. Now we have 2 F3L and we are now pulling it with our Dodge 1500. We had it up in the Mountains without any problems.
    We were trailing in WV and Eastern KY. It came with 3 ramps, two of them are under the trailer in front of the front axles, the 3rd is like the bulk head of the trailer (front). It only takes about 20 min. to load or unload. We will have it in Quebec if you want to see it, we will be staying at the Best Western at Drummondville. John and Carol

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

That is an excellent question. We used our trailer a few times last year with our 2014 RTL without a hitch! We now have a hitch on the bike. I have not had it on the droptail with the hitch on the Spyder yet. I will have to check this out!

Worst case is, remove the hitch which is not too hard to do.

When do you need to know this as we can get our trailer out next week and check it for you if that would help....it will take a little bit to do, but am willing to check for you and would like to know myself what options I have. I'm thinking if I put on my Spyder RTL on the droptail trailer, then I don't need my hitch on as will not be pulling my trailer with the bike! You'll need a much bigger hauling trailer if you want to haul both the bike and its trailer.
    ,oops I see you were able to fit it on from a later post.
    Or maybe just measure to see. I see you got this version Drop - Tail "Two - Up" Cruiser / Sport Bike Trailer, model number: 03-DCT2200-02instead of Street Pro 2200 PowerSport Utility Trailer which shows an RS on the trailer. Why? Does look like yours has more features though.
    Last edited by TicketBait; 05-10-2017 at 07:23 PM. Reason: saw you answered the "fit?"

Spyder Garage

Default Here is my trailer

Trying to post the pictures. Seems like they are here now😆
    Replaced my Lamonster Certified RT Limited #1874 With a 2018 RTL.

Spyder Garage

I just bought a Triton AUT 1272B (bifold) I will check out loading the Spyder, bought it to haul my SXS? I use something called a soft strap hauling the SXS, it's a strap with loops on each end that keeps the ratchet binder hooks away from the machine at your tie down points.
    2016 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Default Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Trying to post the pictures. Seems like they are here now😆
    Does your frunk hit the bed in any way when loading due to the deck angle?
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

2014 RT , White (Mine) Cognac (wifes)

Spyder Garage

Default Aluma Tilt Trailer

We have an Aluma tilt trailer we use to haul our Spyder - the whole deck tilts [the Spyder nose doesn't drag loading or unloading].
    Tilt the deck, ryde the Spyder on, the deck tilts back level and locks - then tie it down and drive away. I can load and unload the trailer all by myself!! It's a breeze.
    We bought it in Litchfield, Illinois at Midway Trailer Sales; model #7712 HTILT.

Spyder Garage

Default Aluma TK1

Has anyone used the Aluma TK1? I am considering one to haul my RTL behind the fifth wheel. I saw a video of someone loading a Spyder on one but I don't think it was a RTL, worried about the front cowling.

Spyder Garage

Default stinger folding motorcycle trailer.

I was looking into theStinger folding motorcycle trailer, they make one specifically for the Can Am Spyder but it does not have a rock guard on it.

Add On’s

2017 Pearl White RTL
    SPYDER RAM Multi Mount
    Ram Mount Drivers cup holder
    Ram Mount passenger Cup Holder
    TRICELED Bar/Circle
    Brake Light/RGB LED
    Ground Effects Lighting
    Airhorn/compressor
    LED Head Lights
    LED Fog Lights
    K & N Air filter
    Two Brothers SR1
    Cat Bypass Pipe
    Easter Beaver Accessorie block
    USB pwr plug
    Removable hitch assembly

Spyder Garage

Default Stinger, Can Am Spyder Trailer

Here is the website for the trailer.

https://www.stingertrailer.com/produ...pyder-trailer/

Add On’s

2017 Pearl White RTL
    SPYDER RAM Multi Mount
    Ram Mount Drivers cup holder
    Ram Mount passenger Cup Holder
    TRICELED Bar/Circle
    Brake Light/RGB LED
    Ground Effects Lighting
    Airhorn/compressor
    LED Head Lights
    LED Fog Lights
    K & N Air filter
    Two Brothers SR1
    Cat Bypass Pipe
    Easter Beaver Accessorie block
    USB pwr plug
    Removable hitch assembly

Spyder Garage

Default 7210 Aluma

This is the setup that I use only tie off the front doesn't move at all, no scratches on wheels (straps thru socks). Towed for many miles this way. Bi-fold ramp works great.
    0604171005 (002).jpg
    2019 Rally , GMUltra Violet

Spyder Garage

We have a Forest River 7X12 enclosed aluminum trailer. It weighs 1300 lbs.. Great for hauling the Spyder. And the Spyder is out of the weather, safe from problems when parked. We were parked right behind Mike T at the BWCH+ when all the problems happened. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL