Spyder Garage

Default Farkle Fever, new mod advicell

OMG I have farkle/mod fever, all I do is search for things to buy. I am starting to buy behind my wifes back, on credit cards. I tell her its half the price pay with CC now I feel guilty. Well not really.

Well I ordered JT's Dash Mount and I ordered a Navigation, my question is I want to run wire down under windshield and find a spot to go inside my bike, I plan on connecting to the GPS connector under seat, I just need to know where to run wire into the machine, preferably without drilling, I don't want it coming over the dash. Any advice is appreciated

Thanks in advance

2016 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE6

Spyder Garage

I just mounted my JT bar as well.

Last year I was at the Norcal Spyder rally, and a lady told me about the bar, and showed me that she had her wire running down the front and inside the bike where the windshield arm comes through. She had hers installed 2 years previous, and had had no issues with the windshield. So, I ran my wire in the same place. I did a test and there seems to be no issues with having it there.

The only trouble I have had is, I have a Tomtom Ryder 400 on a long ram bar, and it was moving side to side while I was testing it out. I found that Ram knob was loose and moving. I tried to tighten it down, and I snapped the stud..... I had two others, so I put another on there, and tightened it to where I hoped it wouldn't break, but hold.

I have not had the GPS on since to know if it works yet..... If it still moves, I am not sure what I will do as there is not enough threads on the knob to put a lock washer on.

Ray

2017 RT-S

Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    3 PC Mesh Zippered Lid Net Set - TricLED
    A arm LED's - Safety LED's - TricLED
    Mirror Sequential turn signals
    Glo-riders
    LED rear turn signals and reverse lights
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

Spyder Garage

OI know the bike is dirty, it was pouring this morning on the way to work...... but here a couple of pics.

IMG_0262.jpgIMG_0271.jpg

If you at looking from the front of the bike at the Frunk, on the right hand side, I removed the black plastic cover at the back of the Frunk. I put a fuse box and terminal strip in there, that where the wire for the GPS goes too.

Ray

2017 RT-S

Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    Glo-riders
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ramg66 View Post
    OMG I have farkle/mod fever, all I do is search for things to buy. I am starting to buy behind my wifes back, on credit cards. I tell her its half the price pay with CC now I feel guilty. Well not really.

Well I ordered JT's Dash Mount and I ordered a Navigation, my question is I want to run wire down under windshield and find a spot to go inside my bike, I plan on connecting to the GPS connector under seat, I just need to know where to run wire into the machine, preferably without drilling, I don't want it coming over the dash. Any advice is appreciated

Thanks in advance
    Didn't anyone tell you farkle-itis is a disease without a cure?
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Didn't anyone tell you farkle-itis is a disease without a cure?

Maybe it's time to start a "Farkle-holics Anonymous" chapter here on SpyderLovers 'cause it sounds like a lot of us need that 12 Step Program or at least some type of intervention!!! Call it Spyder Fever or whatever, but owning a Spyder and the desire to Farkle it is contagious! (But oh so fun and worth every dime!)
    He's on his RT She's on her F3

And the Keys to a Happy Marriage: Separate
    Bathrooms, Individual Remote TV Clickers, and
    His and Her Spyders.

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die,
    I want to go where they went." ~ ~ Will Rogers

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."
    ~ ~ Winston Churchill in his tribute to the RAF.

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining
    people who think the world owes them a living." ~ ~ John Wayne

GOS 3799

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LateLifeCrisis View Post

Maybe it's time to start a "Farkle-holics Anonymous" chapter here on SpyderLovers 'cause it sounds like a lot of us need that 12 Step Program or at least some type of intervention!!!
    My intervention is my wife.......

2017 RT-S

Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    Glo-riders
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

Spyder Garage

Sounds like you have it serious. Buying behind the spouses back? Telling that the price is one half the real price? Time to join FHA (Farkle Holics Anonymous).

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LateLifeCrisis View Post

Maybe it's time to start a "Farkle-holics Anonymous" chapter here on SpyderLovers 'cause it sounds like a lot of us need that 12 Step Program or at least some type of intervention!!! Call it Spyder Fever or whatever, but owning a Spyder and the desire to Farkle it is contagious! (But oh so fun and worth every dime!)
    We could do that, but no one here wants to abstain!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Good point.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bcer960 View Post
    I just mounted my JT bar as well.

Last year I was at the Norcal Spyder rally, and a lady told me about the bar, and showed me that she had her wire running down the front and inside the bike where the windshield arm comes through. She had hers installed 2 years previous, and had had no issues with the windshield. So, I ran my wire in the same place. I did a test and there seems to be no issues with having it there.

The only trouble I have had is, I have a Tomtom Ryder 400 on a long ram bar, and it was moving side to side while I was testing it out. I found that Ram knob was loose and moving. I tried to tighten it down, and I snapped the stud..... I had two others, so I put another on there, and tightened it to where I hoped it wouldn't break, but hold.

I have not had the GPS on since to know if it works yet..... If it still moves, I am not sure what I will do as there is not enough threads on the knob to put a lock washer on.

Ray
    Regarding snapping off the stud on the Ram ball, I had the same problem. I then realized that there are Ram balls with 1/4" x 20 aluminum threads (I think p/n RAM-B-237U) that are used for camera mounting and then there are Ram "Tough-Balls" that have threaded steel studs. Go to the Ram Mounts website and search for "1" Tough-Ball" (assuming that you are using the "B" size ball) and you will find a lot of options for balls that have an actual steel stud coming out of the bottom. There are different lengths of studs available. If in doubt, buy a little long and be prepared to cut / grind off some of the length to fit a tight space.
    2015 RT-S SE6 Red Pearl - aka "Ruby"
    Tri-Axis handlebars - Bajaron Sway Bar and Heim Links - Roadster Renovations Spring Stiffeners & Top Case mirror - Value Accessories 3 pc. Lid Net Set - Lidlox Helmet Holders - JT's Dash Mount Bar - Drink2go rider & passenger cupholder - Wolo Bad Boy Horn - Show Chrome Trunk Rack - 12V power & heated gear ports - Spyderpops missing belt guard - BRP Trailer Hitch - Gold Plug hex head drain plugs

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pontow View Post
    Regarding snapping off the stud on the Ram ball, I had the same problem. I then realized that there are Ram balls with 1/4" x 20 aluminum threads (I think p/n RAM-B-237U) that are used for camera mounting and then there are Ram "Tough-Balls" that have threaded steel studs. Go to the Ram Mounts website and search for "1" Tough-Ball" (assuming that you are using the "B" size ball) and you will find a lot of options for balls that have an actual steel stud coming out of the bottom. There are different lengths of studs available. If in doubt, buy a little long and be prepared to cut / grind off some of the length to fit a tight space.
    Thanks, ya, mine are the aluminium ones..... I am going to try to drill it out and tap it, then use a bolt from the bottom, if it doesn't work, I'll look at the steel ones.

2017 RT-S

Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    Glo-riders
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

Spyder Garage

Default Farkles

I agree. I had it bad at Spyderfest but " lucky" for me my wife was there to keep me in check. Seems now though she has it about as bad after she saw what Tricled did to my RT.Love the lights.Thanks Cindy!!
    Well here's hoping they keep coming up with new farkles.
    Odogg1963

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by odogg1963 View Post
    I agree. I had it bad at Spyderfest but " lucky" for me my wife was there to keep me in check. Seems now though she has it about as bad after she saw what Tricled did to my RT.Love the lights.Thanks Cindy!!
    Well here's hoping they keep coming up with new farkles.
    Odogg1963
    Odogg1963 - I don't recognize you with avatar name.. but thank you very much !! Glad you like the LEDs, I assume you got the safety bundles and/or some safety LEDS run & brake towards the back ? At least the farewells you got from our booth are for safety, so thats a good excuse ! ha...

Spyder Garage

Thank you all for the advice, that is exactly what I wanted to know. I might have to settle down a bit but LED lights are coming soon!!

2016 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE6

Spyder Garage

You're right.........What's the fun in that!!!!
    He's on his RT She's on her F3

And the Keys to a Happy Marriage: Separate
    Bathrooms, Individual Remote TV Clickers, and
    His and Her Spyders.

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die,
    I want to go where they went." ~ ~ Will Rogers

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."
    ~ ~ Winston Churchill in his tribute to the RAF.

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining
    people who think the world owes them a living." ~ ~ John Wayne

GOS 3799