Spyder Garage

Cool North Dakota Owners please say Hi.

I just thought I would start a thread for North Dakota riders to say hi, so we can get an idea of where people are.

I will start it off.

My name is James, My wife Jennifer and I, and are 2 mostly grown kids currently live in Watford City. We are new to the Spyder world. We are trying to get out more, work really keeps us stuck most of the time. We do get to Sturgis every year. Not much other then that to say, I just wanted to get things rolling with identifying the few riders we have in ND.
    2019 RTL

Farkles
    BRP Comfort Seat.
    Foam Grips
    Lidlox
    BRP Passenger armrests
    Baja Ron Anti sway bar
    Lamonster's upgraded BRP vibration damper.
    2019 RTL , Asphalt Grey Metallic Dark

Spyder Garage

Talking Hi from Hazen, ND

Well hello! . We are also new to the Spyder world. Hubby and I bought a White RTS in April.
    Blaine and I (Micki) have two children. One on his own in the world and a daughter who has one more year of college. We are looking forward to a trip to Glacier in July.
    Now if the weather would just cooperate and let up on the wind, we'd be out riding!!

Spyder Garage

Nice to finally get someone else to say hi. I know there are a few others on here, but none posted. I have been riding some around town, not much of the longer rides, seat is too hard. I just got an airhawk type seat pad, we shall see if it helps. We did go for a ride through the north unit a few weeks back, it was a nice ride. I have been working on a few thing getting it ready for are sturgis trip. congrats on your spyder. feel free to message if you need anything.
    2019 RTL

Farkles
    BRP Comfort Seat.
    Foam Grips
    Lidlox
    BRP Passenger armrests
    Baja Ron Anti sway bar
    Lamonster's upgraded BRP vibration damper.
    2019 RTL , Asphalt Grey Metallic Dark

Spyder Garage

Default Hi from West Fargo

Wife and I bought our Spyder last week. It's been a long time since we had a two-wheeler and I missed it. This was a spur of the moment purchase, but we are excited to start riding when the snow clears. The good news is that the wife wants to get her license too!
    Tony

2012 RT-S SE5 - Viper Red
    Castle Atom SV Tarmac Modular Helmets
    Sena SMH5 Headsets
    Ultraguard Half Cover
    Hopnel Luggage: Frunk, Top Case, and Saddlebags
    Big Bike Parts Short Spiral Antenna
    Kumho Ecsta AST 225/50R15 Rear Tire - Got almost 18,000 miles before replacement with Riken Raptor
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 165/65R-14 Front Tires
    BajaRon Spark Plugs and Wires
    EBC Rear Pads and Rotor from BajaRon
    Riken Raptor HR 215/60-15 Rear Tire

Future Plans:
    2013 Cooling Kit
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    High-Mount Brake Light
    2012 RT-S , Viper Red

Spyder Garage

Hi I’m Herb and my wife Donna from Fairfield ND We ride every chance we get and love every minute of it. Donna put together a couple rides last year out of Dickinson. We had a good time and met some riders that were fun to be around. Lol but you know the patch and how fast our season goes by. So we didn’t get any more group rides last year. We are headed to Deadwood for the three wheeler rally July 9th. Have a great season and a safe one If your on Hwy 85 stop by we are the house on the north side of club85.
    ND Rider
    2016 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

Cool Hello from Park River, ND

We have a few Spyders here in the great white north. Welcome to the the Great State of North Dakota!!!!!

Tom and Anita

Spyder Garage

Hello from Fargo!
    My wife and I just moved to Fargo from Moorhead, Mn (just across the river). The corona lock down is not fun and it's not nice enough to do any riding yet! Oh Well...let's all dream!
    John

2013 RT LTD SE5
    Fargo, ND / 82 & Sunshine

Spyder Garage

Hello from Detroit Lakes Minnesota.

Do we count being only 50 miles east of the border? After all, we relate waaay more easily to North Dakota than any size metro area in Minnesota. 50 degree days are coming up by Monday so my heated gear will be put to use. My machine is a 2018 F3 Limited.

Better days are coming!

Fred

Spyder Garage

Well not North Dakota but greetings from a neighbor to the South...
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I am a former NODAK. I now reside in Western Colorado, south of Grand Junction in the wild mesa and canyon country. The nearest population center over 400 people is 106 miles away. I used to live in Valley City and Oriska ND. We also lived in Lisbon and Mandan while we raised our blended family in North Dakota. I have a son in Fartgo, and one in Valley City yet. My grandchildren live in the Valley City area as well, so we come back from time to time. I worked for Microsoft and a number of their partners in the Fartgo area and commuted from Valley City to Fartgo every weekday for almost 12 years. I also used to teach for the North Dakota State College of Sciences which helped non-traditional students gain acceptance into NDSU.

Honestly, I am a rider at heart, and I dont miss it, the winters grew far too long, and the riding I enjoy here is like no other place on earth, I also live in one of the lowest population densities in the United States (including Alaska), nothing but abandoned mines and wide open desert 10 miles from the house, and the canyon riding? I had no idea riding on a three wheeler could be this much fun. I highly recommend all of you come to Colorado and ride Hwy 141/145 from Whitewater to Placerville, CO and either visit Telluride or cross the Dallas Divide and hit the Million Dollar Hwy to Durango. Red Mountain is one of the most amazing places I have been, and I have been around.

Anyway, good to hear from potential old neighbors. I also used to live in Jamestown, and worked for Realtruck for a short spell too.

GO BISON!!!!
    Kraig B. Kumlin, M.M., M.C.P. (Retired)

Only Two States Left to Visit on MC or Trike, RI and CT
    2012 RS-S , Baja Ron Plug Wire Kit and NGK Iridium Plugs Grey and Black

Spyder Garage

Default New in ND

Dave in Fargo here. I have been riding 30 years, currently on a Harley Ultra limited, just picked up a 2011 RT with 8K miles for my wife to learn. I may steal it from time to time as it seems like a fun ride.

Anyway, Erica and I are here in Fargo, ND

Spyder Garage

This is an older thread that goes back to 2017 and 2020. Perhaps we can stir up more interest this go around. ND is an interesting place. Did a whole vacation there. I liked the Missouri Breaks (western part (like mini Badlands) west of Bismark, Teddy Roosevelt National Park and Devils Lake.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 08-02-2023 at 01:35 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Just saw this. Pat from Bismarck. We do several big trips a year. Just got back from a 1300-mile ride, western Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming. 2021 RTL
    2021 RTL , Asphalt Gray

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post

This is an older thread that goes back to 2017 and 2020. Perhaps we can stir up more interest this go around. ND is an interesting place. Did a whole vacation there. I liked the Missouri Breaks (western part (like mini Badlands) west of Bismark, Teddy Roosevelt National Park and Devils Lake.
    I'd seen that, but as it was the only thread in the ND group folder I figured a revival was in order. I see enough Spyders in Fargo that at least a few of them have to be on here.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy4810 View Post
    Just saw this. Pat from Bismarck. We do several big trips a year. Just got back from a 1300-mile ride, western Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming. 2021 RTL
    I'll be there Saturday. in the car to spend the day getting a tattoo, but in the city at least.
    Dave Muir
    Fargo, ND

2014 Harley Ultra Limited
    2011 Spyder RT SM5