Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

How big is Spyderfest ??

I've never been there, but from the video, SpyderQuest in Lake George is bigger, and it gets bigger every year.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    How big is Spyderfest ??

I've never been there, but from the video, SpyderQuest in Lake George is bigger, and it gets bigger every year.
    Probably less vendors at SpyderQuest, but I think the turnout last year for SpyderQuest was about 220 Spyders. We are fortunate that New York Spyder Riders put this event together every year. Went last year, had a great time, but for our one vacation this year we are going to spend a week in Rehoboth Beach DE with all four of our kids. As the sign on the beach house says "I want my feet in the sand, and a cocktail in my hand".
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfest

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    How big is Spyderfest ??

Like 5 times larger! Been to ny, been to Mo. Mo is Way bigger. Go next year, and see!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Can't see the video; no FaceBook here!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Can't see the video; no FaceBook here!
    bob you should have a facebook page for your insurance business. it attracts a lot of people and most people today are on it
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry...
    This is how I feel about FaceBook:

FaceBook.jpg

Spyder Garage

I totally agree Bob!!! I despise Facebook; who gives a crap what you are doing at this very moment or what you had for dinner!

Spyder Garage

i have a few friends that used to say the same as you guys, but once they joined they enjoyed it. they got in touch with all their biker buddies, old friends, plenty of family, and played cards. i mainly play games on it because i don't sleep much at night. plus i like bothering people. so if you people think i am a little off color on here, i would put you in shock on there. snoopy became a friend of mine on there. right before he accepted i told him that i am a little strange, and that if he didn't care for what i posted, or what i said, to please un-friend me. i also tell the same thing to any lady that wants to be a friend. and to this day, not one has left me. i bother every one, and tell dirty jokes and we all have a good laugh and just carry on, and not one fight or dispute
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

John,
    I stay in touch with my family and friends too...

Only I use a telephone!
    or email...
    or this forum...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Av8er View Post
    I totally agree Bob!!! I despise Facebook; who gives a crap what you are doing at this very moment or what you had for dinner!
    Don't look now, but spyderlovers is half Facebook, and rising.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Sorry...
    This is how I feel about FaceBook:

FaceBook.jpg
    I not on Facebook either but you can still see the video!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Don't look now, but spyderlovers is half Facebook, and rising.
    Could you please explain what you mean by this comment?
    Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Default Nice video....

Regardless of the feelings about facebook the video is nice and reaches a lot of people. I am not on facebook but my wife is so I can see some other spyder pages with some good information.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

i only friended one person from here on facebook, and that is snoopy, only because he is a little off the wall like i am. i worry that if i friend more people from here, and they see some of the stuff i say politically and that i do sexually harass the ladies i know very well, you might not like me as much on here lol
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Well, THAT makes me curious, lol!

My mods: Ed Hardy "Love Kills Slowly" graphics, custom tag frame to match graphics, Kuryakyn floorboards, Street Magic Easy Risers, Mean City Cycles seat mod, BRP Ultra Touring windshield with wind deflectors, Street FX ElectroPod lighting kit, Street FX Tire Technix motion activated wheel lights, extended parking brake lever, SpyderPops super duper foot-saving heat shield (aaahhhhh!!!)

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    bob you should have a facebook page for your insurance business. it attracts a lot of people and most people today are on it
    Sign on the wall down at the deli where I get my coffee.

May your life be as AWESOME as you pretend it is on Facebook!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Av8er View Post
    Agree also! When asked why I'm not on Facebook my routine reply is, "I don't give a what you had for breakfast."
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Could you please explain what you mean by this comment?
    Thanks!
    First, I'm not talking the Off Topic forum. On the Spyder General Discussion forum, you get to find out about everyone's ailments, and how many cups of coffee they have each morning before leaving the house for Costco to go shopping, or wherever else they shop. You also find what they like to eat, or drink, and surgeries they've had or plan on having. Don't get me wrong; I don't care where anything is posted, nor am I saying that I think any of the things I mentioned aren't worth reading. I think a lot of it is funny, and also it can be sad. I'm just pointing out how I feel it is similar to Facebook, from what my daughters tell me. You of course, like others, take the opposite view, IMHO.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Fair enough...
    But isn't that what friend do: visit with each other?
    My very limited experience with the "Mental Hospital" gave me the feeling that it was a sandbox full of toddlers, and nobody was playing with anybody else...
    It was all "parallel play"...

Spyder Garage

as they say., to each his own. i really enjoy it. i have tons of laugh. i make people laugh, and that makes me happy. when i had my video chat rooms, i made friends all over the world. so when i closed the rooms we all started on facebook and stayed friends. most of the people i know also became friends with my sister. they don't talk. but if they don't see me on for a day, they message my sister to make sure i am ok. so it is a great way to keep in touch. there are also a few spyder groups on there. lamount is on there, pit bull is on there, can am is on there, mo gang is on there, the lady riding riding group is on there. but like i said, if it's not your cup of tea, no big deal
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Default Facebook

I felt the same way about Facebook for a very long time, but as a traveling construction superintendent I have used it to stay in touch with real friends, on Facebook you friend who you want and thats all you have to do, Not everyone on Facebook tells you what they had for breakfast, saying that remark shows how narrow minded some people can be.
    As I'm on the road all the time, it is a means of keeping in touch with my friends and when I do get home I can talk to them about their grand kids and other stuff I have seen them post. Saying you stay in touch by calling them on the phone is great but some times schedules don't match when your in another time zone. And I get to share some great places I've been with my friends that they may want to go see themselves.
    Just saying , Facebook is what YOU make of it not the rest of the world, just like the phone, just another means of keeping in sinc with your real friends.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfest2017

There were estimated to be between 500 to 700 bikes there by Friday,last I unoffically heard but who knows for sure.I do know I saw well over 400 at the American Legion BBQ.
    It was a great time except for a little drizzle (jk,lots of rain )but most donned their rain gear and Spydered on.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Spyderfest So cool Lyn, Lamont and the Mo gang do such a good job I was so sad I missed this one buy the weather here in Colorado was to bad to start the trip I hope everyone made it home O.K... jtpollock

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    Like 5 times larger! Been to ny, been to Mo. Mo is Way bigger. Go next year, and see!
    Maybe so, but I won't make it there until I'm retired.
    Two days out and two days back. That's way too much travel for a couple of days at a rally during the work week.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey