Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default HOME FROM SPYDERFEST - finally

..... It took me 36 hrs. to drive the 1500 miles to get there and 54 hrs. to get back ( I detoured to see Bob Denman ) ....... I'm a physical wreck ..... Those stones and the drugs etc took a lot more out of this 70 year old body than I thought ...... It really S*CKS getting OLD ...I don't recommend it .... So avoid it if you can ....... On the plus side, it was interesting waking up my trusty attack dog " MAX " ( see avatar ) ...... who when finally woke up ( it was 1:30 am Mon.) began tearing around the living room like a Tasmanian Devil ...... ..... at 65 lbs. He easily knocks things over including me ...... It's really nice to feel WELCOMED ..... we shared some left-over pizza I brought home .... had a night cap and crashed ....... Max was especially glad because now that I was home He could sleep in a REAL bed ...... I'll be back to chat about other stuff , after some more sleep........... To those who I wanted to meet up with and didn't ( at Spyderfest ) sorry but I still DON'T have a cell phone ........ Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 05-02-2017 at 12:19 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that you got there!

..But not as glad as Max!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Glad you got home safely!
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome home! Who took care of Max while you were gone?
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ..... It took me 36 hrs. to drive the 1500 miles to get there and 54 hrs. to get back ( I detoured to see Bob Denman ) ....... I'm a physical wreck ..... Those stones and the drugs etc took a lot more out of this 70 year old body than I thought ...... It really S*CKS getting OLD ...I don't recommend it .... So avoid it if you can ....... On the plus side, it was interesting waking up my trusty attack dog " MAX " ( see avatar ) ...... who when finally woke up ( it was 1:30 am Mon.) began tearing around the living room like a Tasmanian Devil ...... ..... at 65 lbs. He easily knocks things over including me ...... It's really nice to feel WELCOMED ..... we shared some left-over pizza I brought home .... had a night cap and crashed ....... Max was especially glad because now that I was home He could sleep in a REAL bed ...... I'll be back to chat about other stuff , after some more sleep........... To those who I wanted to meet up with and didn't ( at Spyderfest ) sorry but I still DON'T have a cell phone ........ Mike
    Glad you made it home. Hate that we didn't get a chance to meet. Hope there will be another event. When we left Friday morning we drove straight thru. Only 580 miles, but first real long trip for my wife on her Spider since returning back to riding after getting over cancer. Wished the weather would have done better.
    David

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mike, glad you made it home alright. Too bad it was an uncomfortable trip for you. Glad we were able get together and go for a ride, it was great. The dinner for Butch was very nice, too. Good to see Paula again.

Spyder Garage

still waiting to hear about the DRUG TEST
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the update BlueKnight. Pizza for the dog? I thought they liked Hormel Chili! At least that's what they did on Grumpy Old Men.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Great news...

Glad you made it back safe and sound though tattered and torn... a bit late with the advise about getting old...been there and done that now just hanging in there and milking life....on the open road...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default DRUG TEST - HA HA

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    still waiting to hear about the DRUG TEST
    I go back next Mon. for follow-up X-rays to make sure they are ALL gone ..... I'm still taking the Flo-max which is the basic chemical fix...... I finally stopped passing tiny pieces on Apr. 20th.......... I still feel the effects of the Flo-max though, it's sort of an energy re-ducer ............... Thanks for asking ........ Mike

Spyder Garage

Mike, glad you made it back ok. Hope you had a great time out at Spyderfest. Get plenty of rest. Say hi to Max for Sue and I. Bruce

Spyder Garage

I have two comments. #1. Very happy you had a safe trip and hope you enjoyed it. #2. "It really S*CKS getting OLD ...I don't recommend it " Well...the alternative is PERMANENT so I don't recommend it.
    2014 RT Limited Black Currant, BaJaRon Anti-Sway Bar and Links, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder. More to Come.
    08 Honda Aero - wife's
    14 Kymco - wife's (Hmmmmm...i'm losing bikes)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Getting old may truly suck...
    But it sure beats the heck out of any of the alternatives!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

right b4 i was told i had prostate cancer over 19 years ago, they tried me on the flomax. g as i can remember, and have taken pills for it. so the first time i took the flomax, i went to sleep, got up to pee, and as soon as i got out of bed, i hit the floor. it dropped my pressure so low my doctor told me to stop taking it
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Exclamation I 44 bridge pic

And it's still raining.

Message from a local.

"There are many major and minor roads closed due to floods. One major road I-44 near Lebanon is closed, as is parts of HWY 60 and 63. There is also serious flooding near Branson with a major bridge closed. Check the roads before your ride here this weekend."

IMG_0933.jpg

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    That asphalt overlay sure wasn't stuck down very good, was it!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It really S*CKS getting OLD ...I don't recommend it
    Sure ain't for the faint of heart, is it? I was telling someone the other day that this getting old is sure getting old!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Glad you got home, Mike, and I was very happy that I got a chance to ride with you and Patti, Ron, Frenchie, Michele, Wayne and Kelly. That was a great road to ride on and it truly the only good day for a ride!

Spyder Garage

Enough of the complaining about the long ride LOL. Lets hear about how good the show was? I was searching on Youtube hoping to see some great videos of the event and only saw bits and pieces of the setup in the hall and people telling the cameraman where they were fun. As a newbie to Spyders I would like to watch a number of videos to really try to experience it by not being there.
    Ride it like you stole it!

Spyder Garage

Default ENOUGH OF THE COMPLAINING

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge View Post
    Enough of the complaining about the long ride LOL. Lets hear about how good the show was? I was searching on Youtube hoping to see some great videos of the event and only saw bits and pieces of the setup in the hall and people telling the cameraman where they were fun. As a newbie to Spyders I would like to watch a number of videos to really try to experience it by not being there.
    " REALLY " .... well my thread / post wasn't written for or to you. It was for my friends to let them know I was home safe. ...................... Please put me on your IGNORE list so my posts will not upset your train of thought ............. Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Good to hook up with you again, Mike, if only briefly. Hope you feel better soon.

Spyder Garage

Default MEETING AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by OJ UK View Post
    Good to hook up with you again, Mike, if only briefly. Hope you feel better soon.
    Thanks OJ,........ .......I knew you were around somewhere and was hoping to run into you ( figuratively speaking ) Glad I did, wish I had longer to talk ...... I'm very glad I left early, I heard on the radio, all the way home of how terrible it was getting ....... The stones CURE is pretty debilitating all by itself tho....... very draining ....... But I'm getting more sleep and that helps ....... see you next year

Spyder Garage

....... I finally stopped passing tiny pieces on Apr. 20th. ........ Mike
    Did you HAVE to post that bit? I now can not get the image of you checking for the tiny pieces out of my head......thanks for nothing, Mike ! 😜😆😆

p.s. Great to hear you made the round trip safely and are on the mend! 👍

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red