Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mud Flap

Spyder Garage

If you have the BRP trailer hitch on your RT I found that adding this along with a extra mud flap to fix the issue.

https://spyderpops.com/rt-trailer-sp...k-guard-plate/
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    It seems that for the 'earlier than 2020 RT's', you really don't need a bigger/better/longer Mud Flap - pretty much anything that smooths out the airflow around, under, and past the RT's panniers reduces the amount of crap lifted up behind & either dumped on a trailer or down the back of your pillion passengers neck - I fitted one of these Rivco Extendable Trunk Lid Racks & it virtually eliminated both the crap & the exhaust smell!!

https://www.rivcoproducts.com/shop/c...ca040bk-black/
    I agree,with this rack and a bag on top of it there isnt much of anything coming up from rear.It also reduces buffeting on passenger.I do have a mudflap also that I made out of Kydex which also helps.
    :
    : 2017 RTL ORBITAL BLUE

Spyder Garage

Ours, designed and fabricated myself. Made from black Kydex and secured with screws and lock nuts.

Prior to this, the spray off the tire without the trailer hitch would swirl and soak the passenger from the helmet down.
    Installing the BRP trailer hitch made the spray worse. Water would leave the tire and hit the hitches mudflap and really fill the bubble of air behind the Spyder, absolutely drenching the passenger.

Installing this super inexpensive home made mudflap eliminated all spray from the tire getting into the air and covering the passenger.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I have $8 in this. It works great in the rain and my passenger is a happy camper. Does it keep the bike from getting dirty? No, the only way to do that is to leave it in the garage and take the car.

2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

That is basically the same one I have. They work great and not expensive. I bought the black caps for the nut so it doesn't show.

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    I have $8 in this. It works great in the rain and my passenger is a happy camper. Does it keep the bike from getting dirty? No, the only way to do that is to leave it in the garage and take the car.

Thank you,
    Ray B.
    These are the states I have driven my Spyder Rt Limited too.

Mudflap -- Walmart
    Tricled Headlights and Fog lights -- valueaccessories.comRimsavers -- RimBladesUSA.com
    Showchrome Tiregard (TPMS) -- motorcycleid.com
    Front and side grilles -- CanAmSpyderAccessories
    Passenger arm rest -- Diamond R Accessories
    Rear axle caps -- Lamonster
    Magic Mirrors -- Lamonster
    Yellow and red running and blinker lights on fender --Show Chrome
    TRUNK-MOUNTED, DOUBLE FLAG HOLDER -- Rivco
    Rear Brake light for trunk -- Custom Dynamics
    Bumpskid w/led lights -- Spyderpops
    Seat cushion -- Airhawk
    Cup holders -- Drink2Go
    Ultragard-4-457BK-Black-Cover-Spyder -- Big Bike Parts

Spyder Garage

Is there anything for the front fenders to stop the spray .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

where did you get those

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
    where did you get those
    I bought the rubber flaps from Amazon. I got two for $12 and spent $4 on stainless hardware at our local Lowe's. I had to drill three holes for the mounting and it probably took all of twenty minutes to mount. Over 30,000 miles on this set up and it works fine. This is still the original flap so I have a new one in the garage when needed.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Put on the mudflap from Spyderflap on our RTL, seems to do the job in the wet, and the trike seems to be less dusty after a ride than before the installation. Did a post a while back here: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...71#post1466371
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited, 2013 Triumph Bonneville T100
    Motorcycle Rights: AMA Charter Life Member, MRF, FORR Life Member Local 11 Southwest Missouri, Mid-South MILE organizing committee member
    2018 RT Limited , Got one, on, then off then on until Gloria decides if she likes it or not. blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ozarkryder View Post
    Put on the mudflap from Spyderflap on our RTL, seems to do the job in the wet, and the trike seems to be less dusty after a ride than before the installation. Did a post a while back here: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...71#post1466371
    Expensive bugger at $57 delivered.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ozarkryder View Post
    I have pretty much the same thing I made from 1/4" rubber sheet, made from recycled rubber, that you can get a farm and garden stores. One advantage of the that rubber is if it gets caught between the tire and a curb, or whatever, it tears loose without damaging the fender.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Daddyray View Post
    That is basically the same one I have. They work great and not expensive. I bought the black caps for the nut so it doesn't show.
    I have the same one as navydad on our 2014RTL. With a little trimming, the ShowChrome trailer hitch bracket goes right around it.
    Ray & Marci
    Tenino, WA
    2014RTL Cognac
    ALWAYS ride 2 up.

Spyder Garage

Default keep passenger and bike cleaner and dryer.

MY 2014 RT SET UP passenger and tail of bike stays now than before

56876756175__7F3E2E35-7FBA-40F0-BEC8-7BD3541D204F.jpg the top rack has a full cover with a turn down..that pushes air above 45 down away from passenger and bike.. Plus i covered trail hitch .. a few other minor changes and bike stays really dry in rain etc.
    2014 RT Limited , stock lamonster flat silver