Thread: BRP-USB outlet

Spyder Garage

Default BRP-USB outlet

Does anybody know how to wire the BRP-USB outlet to the costumer accessory circuit? I would like to mount it in the hole where the heated driver grips button would go. I can see that the hole will need to be enlarged and that's easy, I'm just not sure about how to make the electrical connection.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Beachbum View Post
    Does anybody know how to wire the BRP-USB outlet to the costumer accessory circuit? I would like to mount it in the hole where the heated driver grips button would go. I can see that the hole will need to be enlarged and that's easy, I'm just not sure about how to make the electrical connection.
    There are 3 customer accessory circuits provided by BRP. They are located near the battery, left side near that stupid safety card and under the rear passenger seat, they are tagged as such. Check the voltage etc to make sure you do screw the can bus or whatever its called. The owners manual also shows where these wires are located as well. My thoughts

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Beachbum View Post
    I just went digging for the one nearest the dash. I had to remove the LH Side Panel to get to a tie-wrap, but it's pretty easy.

Neil
    2020 Harley Davidson Tri Glide Ultra
    2017 F3-T SE6 White / BRP Backrest / Nuvi 58 LM / Polaris Spring Spacers / CALSCI 22" Shield
    2016 RTE6 , Black

Spyder Garage

I've done exactly that on mine, you just need some spade connectors and crimping pliers to crimp them to the accessory circuit wires.

This sort of thing:

HTB170dULFXXXXXqXXXXq6xXFXXXI.jpg

I think they were for 1.5mm squared (cable diameter) and 6.3mm wide. Not sure of they are sold in metric sizes in the US.

And then enlarge the whole with a step drill. Best to fit it in the hole to the left of the key as that's where the wire comes from.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |