Thread: Pulls Left

Spyder Garage

Default Pulls Left

Even on a crowned road the Spyder pulls to the left. Not hard it just drifts that way.
    Short of taking it to the dealer is there anything obvious that I should look for?
    The tire pressures are good.
    A member of the rabble in good standing.
    A happy owner of a yellow SE-5.
    NMN Risers, Mudflap Lights, Fender Tips, Center Brake Light w/ Triple Play, Throttlemeister, Madstad Robo-brackets, Madstad windshield, CHAD windshield, Canisterectomy, Exhaust wrap.

Spyder Garage

A check of the alignment seems like it might be a reasonable thing to do. There have been several threads about that. If I remember correctly, most of the people with alignment problems had uneven tire wear. Good Luck.
    Happy owner of Silver PE #1232
    All The Gear All The Time - ATGATT
    Gulf Coast SpyderRyders

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sabunim5 View Post
    A check of the alignment seems like it might be a reasonable thing to do. There have been several threads about that. If I remember correctly, most of the people with alignment problems had uneven tire wear. Good Luck.
    The glass is half full.
    Mike Murphy
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Mine was also pulling to the left. Even if I let it roll down the driveway with my hands off the handle bars(with the engine running,in neutral) it would pull quite sharply to the left. My dealer said it needed the torque set to zero,which he did and I have no more problems.He also replaced the Gear Position Sensor as that had something to do with it. It is a relativly quick fix but make sure your dealer has the sensor in stock if he thinks it will be replaced. I aslo found that it now shifts a lot smoother with no "clunk" between gears. Good luck.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ima rider View Post
    Mine was also pulling to the left. Even if I let it roll down the driveway with my hands off the handle bars(with the engine running,in neutral) it would pull quite sharply to the left. My dealer said it needed the torque set to zero,which he did and I have no more problems.He also replaced the Gear Position Sensor as that had something to do with it. It is a relativly quick fix but make sure your dealer has the sensor in stock if he thinks it will be replaced. I aslo found that it now shifts a lot smoother with no "clunk" between gears. Good luck.

I'm beginning to wonder if there is anything that the Gear Position Sensor doesn't have anything to do with Maybe if Scotty and I replaced ours we'd get better gas mileage.
    Happy owner of Silver PE #1232
    All The Gear All The Time - ATGATT
    Gulf Coast SpyderRyders

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sabunim5 View Post
    I'm beginning to wonder if there is anything that the Gear Position Sensor doesn't have anything to do with Maybe if Scotty and I replaced ours we'd get better gas mileage.
    Maybe my pancreatitis would even go away and Nancy's knee would heal faster!
    -Scotty