Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Best Laid Plans, Hope Everyone Made It Home Safe

We (like many) headed out from the BWCH+ for home(Indianapolis, IN) on Friday to beat the rain, because of the severe thunderstorms forecasted for Saturday(today) and rain on Sunday for the area. We left in no rain but that only lasted until 45 minutes west of St. Louis, where we were met with torrential rain. For the next 7 hours of the trip home, rain from no rain(when we got home) to severe thunderstorms was our constant companion. As a added bonus, the outside temperature dropped to 55 degrees which allowed fog to develop in some areas.Regardless of whether you rode home or trailered home hope you had a safe journey to your destination.
    until we meet again,
    Mike
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

glad you made it home ok

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad you made it home safe! Hoping everyone else does also!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Good to Hear.....

Glad you are home safe and sound though a bit damp....Hope the others will be safe on their journey nome as well....
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We left at 7:30 Fri. Tried to get around the rain by going north. Wrong. We had rain from Springfield, MO. to Springfield, ILL. No more rain until Rockford, ILL. and then to Westfield, WI. Spent some times trying to warm up. Total trip time was 14 hours. Hope everyone got home safely. Had fun and saw many old friends.

Spyder Garage

to you all, our prayers are with you for a safe journey. im sad and
    glad at the same time that i didnt get to be a newbie.-irv
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    We (like many) headed out from the BWCH+ for home(Indianapolis, IN) on Friday to beat the rain, because of the severe thunderstorms forecasted for Saturday(today) and rain on Sunday for the area. We left in no rain but that only lasted until 45 minutes west of St. Louis, where we were met with torrential rain. For the next 7 hours of the trip home, rain from no rain(when we got home) to severe thunderstorms was our constant companion. As a added bonus, the outside temperature dropped to 55 degrees which allowed fog to develop in some areas.Regardless of whether you rode home or trailered home hope you had a safe journey to your destination.
    until we meet again,
    Mike
    Glad you made it home, why would you leave Spyderfest?, I was under the impression that the vendors are in a covered area? Just asking, not complaining with your decision, everyone has a different threshold for safety concerns. Heck I choose not to go this year at the last minute because I didn't want to ride alone (3200 miles round trip) and without music in my ear. Also weren't your rooms paid for already? Part of the adventure is the rain. Many of us were vocal on Spyderlovers back at the end of the 2013 fest, wanted to change the time that the fest took place, because of the storms this time of year. But to no avail. just sayin....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They were predicting 10-12 inches of rain and dangerous flash flooding. Why risk being flooded or worse. Better to watch the storm at home on TV.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Machinegunner View Post
    They were predicting 10-12 inches of rain and dangerous flash flooding. Why risk being flooded or worse. Better to watch the storm at home on TV.
    But he hit rain all the way back, he is retired, why not wait out in Springfield?

Spyder Garage

Six of us from central KY made the decision to leave on Friday due to the rain forecasted along our route home for both Saturday and Sunday. We had rain for the first 90 minutes or so, then skirted rain showers for the rest of the day. It's about a 12 hour ride for us.

Bob

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Old Crow View Post
    Six of us from central KY made the decision to leave on Friday due to the rain forecasted along our route home for both Saturday and Sunday. We had rain for the first 90 minutes or so, then skirted rain showers for the rest of the day. It's about a 12 hour ride for us.

Bob
    Glad you made it there and back safe, even if there wasn't a storm coming in the forecast.

Please post pictures of your time there everyone!

Typically Saturday evening is where all the volunteers are thanked. How was this years spyderfest, besides the forecasted rain for Saturday and Sunday been for you all?

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you made it home safely. Have been through a couple of those all day deluges. They are not fun to drive in. It was necessary for us to keep going, so we did. Of course, twenty five miles from home, the sun came out and the rains promptly stopped.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I also left Friday. I headed mostly west at first to get behind the trailing edge of the storm. I got really cold and at lunch time I added a layer to my jacket. Then about a hundred miles later, the clouds were broken up and I had to take off the extra layer. Then about 50 miles from home it got cold (55 degrees) and cloudy again. About an hour after I got home it started raining again! I'm glad I left when I did. It was going to be rainy no matter what, but Friday was the best for traveling.

Now to get ready for the Homecoming!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Glad you got home safely, Patti! It was nice to get a chance to ride 125 with you and Mike and the rest of our crew! Two of left at 8:30 and got home at 6:30 (Kelly) and 7:00 (me). We took 44 to St Louis and managed to find a little pocket of some rain but also no rain for most of the trip.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Learning To Ride In The Rain.jpg

Mike,
    I'm glad to hear that you and Linda got home okay...
    Patti,
    Ditto...
    Ron & Frenchie,
    Double-ditto!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Not home yet. Spending the night in Bridgeport W. VA.. Rode through some heavy rain on Friday. Saturday some light rain for half the day. Then clear. Will be rain free tomorrow. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Patti, Be sure and get a new tire ASAP. Enjoyed meeting and riding with you, Mike, Sue, Kelly, Moose, and Wayne. Glad everyone made it home safe.

Spyder Garage

Glad you made it home safely!

We left on Friday as well from Spyderfest back to Minnesota....north wind (sometimes northeast wind) just was brutal along with intermittent rain (not too bad - no downpours). We left late as we waited for the rain to end in Springfield on Friday and rode to mid Iowa before the cold and rain forced an overnight visit there. So we got up at 4am the next morning to get started again to "beat the rain" back to MN. Got home just after lunch on Saturday - one of the toughest rides against that strong wind along with rain and temperatures dropping. Glad we left on Friday!

Spyderfest was good, but would have been "great" without the weather issues. We got a full day of riding in on Thursday (thanks to Chuck for leading us) to Peel's Ferry, Eureka Springs, and Beaver Lake Dam areas. Wonderful people, roads, countryside, etc.....would love to do that again when weather was better.

Spyderfest: A , Weather: a failing grade
    Last edited by Jim&Teresa; 04-30-2017 at 12:47 PM.
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Machinegunner View Post
    Patti, Be sure and get a new tire ASAP. Enjoyed meeting and riding with you, Mike, Sue, Kelly, Moose, and Wayne. Glad everyone made it home safe.
    I ordered the recommended tire before I left SF. It'll be here Tuesday and I'll get it installed at the local HD shop. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Glad all made it home safely.

I don't mind some occasional rain but the forecast for the SF event time convinced me to cancel plans to attend on Tuesday.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Glad that everyone is getting home safe. We have finally made it home. About 45 minutes ago. The state of MO. is a disaster. The National Guard has been called out. So glad we left early on Friday. Even then we came across sections of 44 that were closed due to flooding. To those naysayers that are saying we should have stuck it out. I guess you weren't there. We were disappointed in Vendor Village. If not for Value Accessories, Spyderpops, TRICLEDS, F4 and Jim and his wife doing alignments. It would have been a total no show. BRP? They had a spin the wheel to get prizes. A patch, pin, or if you were lucky. A Bandana. MOGANG did an awesome job as usual. Hopefully there weren't any more burglaries. Met up with a lot of old friends, made some new ones. Hope Jeff from Great Britain enjoyed his Spyderfest. And gets home safe. Tom
    Last edited by Tango; 04-30-2017 at 06:22 PM.
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that you made it home okay!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I also left Saturday morning. Due to the storm front to the west I went south to Little Rock It was a beautiful ryde. Then went west towards Texas. When I got to Sulfur Springs I ran into that storm the destroyed Canton. The sirens were going off and a lady came out and said there was a half mile wide tornado headed our way. I spent about an hour there taking cover. I could see debris falling and people running around in a panic. I checked MY Radar App and could see a clear signature of a tornado heading right for us. Thanks to God it went back up right before it hit us. I saw a map on Dallas Morning news and the path of that tornado ended right where we were. Whew!
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Okay, I give up. It seems as though this discussion is about Spyderfest. Can someone please tell me what BWCH+ means?

Thanks.

Jim

Spyder Garage

Default BWCH+

Best Western Coach House Plus ~ one of the host hotels