Thread: PHONE CALLS

Spyder Garage

Default PHONE CALLS

this is getting ridiculous now....... has anyone been getting calls from people saying, I'M CALLING YOU BECAUSE YOU STAYED AT ONE OF OUR RESORTS LAST YEAR. at that point i hang up and block the number because i never travel. what i don't understand is, how many numbers they have that they call me on. i must of blocked over a dozen so far. and yes i am on the NO CALL LIST
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    this is getting ridiculous now....... has anyone been getting calls from people saying, I'M CALLING YOU BECAUSE YOU STAYED AT ONE OF OUR RESORTS LAST YEAR. at that point i hang up and block the number because i never travel. what i don't understand is, how many numbers they have that they call me on. i must of blocked over a dozen so far. and yes i am on the NO CALL LIST
    So far, nothing here. If they were to call me, I would say something along the lines of "don't call me, I will call you (and season it nicely with expletives). Then--hang up.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Yea I get 2-3 calls about reducing credit card interest a day.
    It's amazing how many different caller ids they use.
    they all wind up on the blocked list

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

Hi cuznjohn,

Re: at that point i hang up

This is why your telephone number is being passed around, you answered.

Not that I am perfect, but do not answer unless you recognize the number. If it is important, they will leave a message.

There have been numerous stories on the news about this problem w/recommendations on what NOT TO DO.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Yep I've been getting alot of them.
    Bob S

Spyder Garage

I use "do not disturb" on my iPhone set to contacts only,if you are not in my contacts you go straight to VM,phone does not ring.
    2015 RT White,Tj's Dash mount,Rivco's Duel Flag Holder,SealsFloorBoards(Pups),Custom Dynamics fender lights(R/W)Bajaron's Swaybar & links,Lamonster's LED headlights,lidlox.Wiredux A-arm driving lights(upper&lower)FOBO TPMS system,Spyerpops lighted bumpskid,Foom handgrips.
    tobor9@me.com

Spyder Garage
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Default Reward card

Every time you sign up for a rewards card the fine print gives them the ability to sell your info. I also wonder if that is true every time you use the rewards card ? What happened to the days when the sales prices were for everyone not just if you sign up ?
    Traded 2013 rt s se5 for pearl white 2015 RTS se6 .
    Gloryder hubs
    622 trailer
    bumpskid
    Wife and I have been a couple since 1980
    32 years of wedded bliss

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I tell them that I DID stay at one of them...
    But I only paid the "short stay" rate, and I hoped that they didn't mind the stains on the sheets, and all of the empty beer bottles and condom packages...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I usually ask them if it is a sales call, if they say yes i kindly tell them to remove me from calling list but since almost always
    telemarketers lie i harass them and treat them like crap and call them child molester since it is a well known fact that
    child molesters lie. if i can get their real phone number or sometimes the number of the one that calls i will set my computer
    to dial the number(blocked of course) at least 100 times and if they call me back to complain i always tell them to call the ftc
    and remind them according to ftc regulations they can not lie and have to tell you it is a sales call.

Spyder Garage

The national Do Not Call registry is a joke any more. You have to put your phone numbers in it every 6 months--even though it is supposed to be a lifetime registry. It does work though!! Just had to put mine back in. I was getting at least 10 calls from various numbers every day. If I don't recognize them, I let the answering machine get it. I'm down to maybe 1 random call per day---for the next 4 months or so.....
    Magnesium 2011 RS SE5

Spyder Garage

If you have VoIP service check out Nomorobo at nomorobo.com. It's free for home phones with no strings attached. We've had it for a couple of years, as AT&T U-verse and then Comcast VoIP customers, and it works very well. It's also easy to set up. If a call slips through you have the option of reporting it. More information can be found on their website.
    MEP
    ​2019 F3 Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Signing up for the do not call list is a joke and just gives your number to the telemarketers. They then know that it is a valid number to call. The list of numbers is used by out of country telemarketers to call you. The number they are calling from is bounced off another number and that is the one shows up on your phone. They have an unlimited list of numbers to use. The computer calling you just randomly selects a number to bounce off to call you. We once had a telemarketer call us and our own phone number showed up as the caller.

Spyder Garage

i once answered my phone where my own number showed up on the caller id
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Default Praying for a scammer!

This is the best response to a phone scammer.... https://youtu.be/CuVFcizDwqw and ever since I saw it I've been PRAYING for one of these calls and wouldn't you know it....nothing.....zilch....didly....nada....zip... .
    He's on his RT She's on her F3

And the Keys to a Happy Marriage: Separate
    Bathrooms, Individual Remote TV Clickers, and
    His and Her Spyders.

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die,
    I want to go where they went." ~ ~ Will Rogers

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."
    ~ ~ Winston Churchill in his tribute to the RAF.

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining
    people who think the world owes them a living." ~ ~ John Wayne

GOS 3799

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's because they already know that you're onto them...

Spyder Garage

Default our records show!

hello our records show you stayed at one of our fine locations ! reply " that cheating who--e of a wife , or that cheating son-of a bi---h , they were cheating on me and spent all of our savings doing it , now our kids got noplace too live , no shoes , and now you want me too stay where ? " hehhehe