Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Magic Mirror mounts

Where can I buy them ? All the places I have checked show them "out of stock"

Spyder Garage

Default Looks like Doc has them

Quote Originally Posted by BKetchen View Post
    Where can I buy them ? All the places I have checked show them "out of stock"
    Check out Roadster Renovations (site sponsor) on the home page. Just checked and looks like he still has them.

Good luck, they are great.
    2014 RT Limted, platinum, with matching 622 trailer.

Ultimate tall boy seat w/adjustable back rest, Corbin armrests, Spyderpops bumpskid & missing belt guard, BRP side air vents, Lamonster lidlox, cargo nets, Stebel air horn, Wrap my spyder accents......and more

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rmag View Post
    Check out Roadster Renovations (site sponsor) on the home page. Just checked and looks like he still has them.

Good luck, they are great.
    We are waiting for a new shipment. About 10-12 days. You can go ahead and order and be guaranteed to get them when we receive them.

Spyder Garage

Got mine installed, very easy install took 30 minutes but I always take my time. Only had to take my mirrors off the old fashion way one time.

2016 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE6

Spyder Garage

Default Magic mirror installed

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Humphreys View Post
    We still have a few left for sale before we reorder. They are awesome!!

http://dochumphreys.wixsite.com/roadster/products
    I received my set from Doc Humphreys in about 3 days and installed them the next day! They work great!! I now one concern, a friend of mine has had them for a few months, and the other day he drove over a railroad track that had a pot hole in the road he could not see the hole, and the shock of the railroad track and pot hole shook one of his mirrors off and it hit the road and broken the entire mirror into several pieces! He had to order a new complete mirror!! Now I am concerned about loosing one to bad places in the road!! Nothing came in the box to catch them if one is shook off the trike while riding! Any suggestions?

Spyder Garage

Default Clips?

Quote Originally Posted by south GA Farm Boy View Post
    I received my set from Doc Humphreys in about 3 days and installed them the next day! They work great!! I now one concern, a friend of mine has had them for a few months, and the other day he drove over a railroad track that had a pot hole in the road he could not see the hole, and the shock of the railroad track and pot hole shook one of his mirrors off and it hit the road and broken the entire mirror into several pieces! He had to order a new complete mirror!! Now I am concerned about loosing one to bad places in the road!! Nothing came in the box to catch them if one is shook off the trike while riding! Any suggestions?
    According to the install video you install a clip & cable that will secure the mirror to the bike when you pop the mirror off. That *should* catch it during a freak pothole incident I would think. Must have been some pothole!! I should be getting mine in a week or so, looking forward to installing them.

Steve

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by south GA Farm Boy View Post

Have to make your own tether..They don't come with the kits anymore. Are you sure they are installed properly? (mirrors) Or was it a giant ditch to cause it to fall off..

Spyder Garage

South GA Farm Boy, did your friend have the Mirror Magics fitted properly & if so, were the mirrors sitting on them properly before the mirror fell off??

I ask this, simply because (due to dodgy dealer work) I had THREE separate 'mirror falling off' events because a dodgy dealer here broke the OE clips; but AFAIK not one of the Mirror Magic equipped mirrors has come off yet, even during testing at (very) high speed, or on (very) rough roads, and even when smacked pretty damn hard at high speed by an errant magpie that converted itself to a bloody mess on my RH Mirror that then sprayed all over me & my Spyder!! The magnets are WAAAAYYY over-capable for the loads on them, they are FAARRR stronger than the OE mounts but easier to get on or off - I'd expect the mirror to break in situ before it fell off, IF the Mirror Magics are fitted properly & the mirror is clipped on properly!

So I can't really see a Mirror Magic equipped Mirror just falling off for a pot hole, no matter how big: & that's why the tethers were deleted from the kits - well, that & the fact that they were time consuming to make by hand & were gonna push the price up significantly if they were manufactured... & besides, there's the wiring there to sorta work as a tether, & the OE mirror mounts didn't include a tether & these Magic mounts will hold your Mirror on WAAAYYY better than the OE Mounts anyway! So if a properly mounted/fitted Magic Mount equipped Mirror fell off, it would've done so a whole lot earlier with the OE mounts!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-04-2017 at 05:28 PM.

Spyder Garage

I hit a pot hole on the way to Spyderfest and they did not come off.
    But the pot hole did jar a kidney stone loose.
    Also you have to make sure no wires are in the way.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Default Awsome

Installed mine last week about 30 minutes. Very straight forward install. They are rock solid at speed no more mirror shake. It's a must have.

Spyder Garage

As Peter said the wiring to the turn signal should hold the mirror from falling to the ground.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    ...Have to make your own tether..They don't come with the kits anymore...
    Hmm. Mine did last week. Curiouser and curiouser.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flyday58 View Post
    Hmm. Mine did last week. Curiouser and curiouser.

See post 33

So I can't really see a Mirror Magic equipped Mirror just falling off for a pot hole, no matter how big: & that's why the tethers were deleted from the kits

You may have had the first batch after that tethers were not included in the kits from what I have read so far.

Spyder Garage

Default Mirror Magic

I did the mirrors today very easy.

Spyder Garage

I sure wish I would have waited and ordered them from someone here in the good ole USA....STILL waiting for mine to come in...been just about a month now.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    I sure wish I would have waited and ordered them from someone here in the good ole USA....STILL waiting for mine to come in...been just about a month now.
    I'm with you!! I didn't know there was a U.S. option at the time. I ordered mine on 4-10.

Spyder Garage

Ordered mine on 4/2 and they came in while I was at Spyderfest. Installed already, worth the wait.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    I feel your pain. Mine was shipped on 4/10 via Australia Post and arrived in Chicago on the 20th. I don't know why it's taking so long to get to Springfield, MO from Chicago. I'm beginning to think I just made a $106 donation.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Pretty neat; aren't they?
    How'd you like wrestling with them, while getting them separated with each other?

I needed a nap, after I got done with it!
    I just about lost a finger getting them apart but love the magic mirrors
    Loving the RYDE

Spyder Garage

Default Easy Install, Magic Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by OverHillAndDale View Post
    I've popped my mirrors out of those ridiculous pop-on mounts for the last time.

I'm seconding the recommendations people have made on behalf of the Magic Mirror Mounts. Took about 20 minutes to install (mainly because my workbench is a mess), and the mirrors are held in place by amazingly powerful magnets.

If you find yourself having to remove your mirrors regularly to work on the bike, these will make that task MUCH easier to perform. I've always feared that I was going to break something removing the mirrors, but these remove that fear.
    Indeed, fantastic product.... stop and purchase them...very very easy install....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevencovert View Post
    According to the install video you install a clip & cable that will secure the mirror to the bike when you pop the mirror off. That *should* catch it during a freak pothole incident I would think. Must have been some pothole!! I should be getting mine in a week or so, looking forward to installing them.

Steve
    Merlot stopped the tethers at our last order. I will zip tie the connection where the wiring is. We have not had one problem with our set. I am wondering if they were not exactly centered on the magnets.

Spyder Garage

If anyone wishes, I can have tethers as an option and we can keep the price pretty low. Just let me know.

Spyder Garage

Just plugged in the tracking info on mine....they've been in Chicago since April 22. I can drive to Chicago in 3 hrs.....
    WTH?
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Chuck 54 View Post
    I ordered mine April 2nd got a message they were shipped on the 10th.
    May 1st and still no M&M's. I wrote Russell and was told the problem is on my end.
    My bad, should have ordered from somewhere else.
    Never again.
    B.S.
    Buckeye

I got mine today!
    After 35 days. They're as advertised, I can't believe any magnet can be so powerful. I tore the shipping bag taking it from the mailbox, then it stuck to the steel garage door. It took a few minutes to install and at first wasn't too happy with how they fit, there was still a gap on the front of the mirror. But then I took out the front spacer and now they fit nice and tight. Sweet.
    I fellow Spyder rider sent me a message, he ordered his the same day I did, but today he got a torn empty shipping bag in his mail. All I could do is tell him to call Russell. Those magnets are stuck somewhere, probably discovered by somebody wondering wtf?
    Sorry about your luck SPYD1
    Chuck