Thread: 2012RT GPS

Spyder Garage

Default 2012RT GPS

I have a relatively new to me 2012RT with a Garmin Zumo GPS. I would like to remove the GPS and utilize my cell phone. How do you remove the GPS from the cradel? I can flip the latch on the top but it does not release the GPS. Is there a locking mechanism of some sort??? Tnx

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well...if it's the OEM GPS in the OEM mount between the handlebars, you depress and hold in the latch - see arrow in pic attached - and the GPS should pull free from the top first. Is this what you have?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JimV View Post
    I have a relatively new to me 2012RT with a Garmin Zumo GPS. I would like to remove the GPS and utilize my cell phone. How do you remove the GPS from the cradel? I can flip the latch on the top but it does not release the GPS. Is there a locking mechanism of some sort??? Tnx
    On the Zumo Mount there is a button on the top right side you push in and life out the unit, You said there is a latch on top that you can life it is sounding like the older square faced Zumo, If it is to older one then on the right side of the flip up lever is a small screw that locks the Zumo in place, With that screwed in the flip will still work but will not release the unit small screw driver back it out and flip up and it comes out.
    Dick Harding
    Boise,ID
    2011 Spyder RT SE5 Limited

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!

Large1 is online now Report Post