Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monkey Butt

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Guess it would be best to call and ASK.
    Come to think of it, the 3 I've had done all were on old complete stock seats.

Spyder Garage

Is there a reason no one has mentioned Ultimate seats? I was considering one of their reduced reach seats.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Monkey Butt Powder

Yes folks, he is right again, Anti-Monkey Butt powder can be of some assistance for those annoying butt issues.
    This is the Man Product Bottle, there is one for the Ladies as well in a Pink Bottle.

Simply open, shake an generous portion on the hind quarters and ryde with relief for hours to come, available in many places but most especially vendors who care about your butt!

JoeWIN_20170426_13_01_25_Pro.jpg
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculapius View Post
    Is there a reason no one has mentioned Ultimate seats? I was considering one of their reduced reach seats.
    Ultimate make a great seat Aesculapius and many swear by them. However, like all the "stock" aftermarket seats (Mustang, Sargeant, Corbin etc) they are one size fits all, so they do not fit each person the same way, and can result in discomfort after a short time in the saddle, and have to be replaced with a seat from another manufacturer, which may also not work.

The OP was specifically wondering if there was a manufacturer who would guarantee a comfort fit. Russell is the only one I know of (I'm sure there are others), and from Easy Rider's response there are cases where even that guarantee can't be met

Russell use "heavy duty" springing if you are a bigger lad and can move you up, down or back to ensure your hips are above your knees, which is apparently one of the key items in ensuring comfort. The wings on the sides provide additional butt support, and you can get the seat covered in leather, vinyl, velour or sunbrella (which I have on mine.....great for Aussie summers). They can also include seat seating where you wire direct to your battery).

The downside is that the Russell is considered butt ugly (see what I did there? ) by some because of the "wings" they use to provide full support. That doesn't bother me one jot....if my butt is happy, I'm happy.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red