Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dirrad View Post
    My 2012 RT does exactly the same thing. I have to hold up for 2-3 seconds before it will set the cruise.
    Isn't it DOWN to set; UP to resume ?

And then "resume" will set too if you hold it ??

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by montej722 View Post
    I have a new 2016 RT-S. Cruise shows "ON". Press the cruise button down to "set", and about 1 out of 10 times it will set. Took back to dealer, they say nothing wrong. Brought it back. Set the first time out. Went through a round a bout. Tried to reset, wouldn't set. Turned cruise off and back on, still wouldn't set.
    The throttle needs to be steady to work best. Cruise won't set if you are accelerating or decelerating. Especially it won't set if you are accelerating under load or decelerating with throttle backed all the way off.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Z
    Quote Originally Posted by dirrad View Post
    My 2012 RT does exactly the same thing. I have to hold up for 2-3 seconds before it will set the cruise. Once set, I can increase the speed by one MPH with a quick push up, but if I push down to try to decrease my speed by one MPH, it disengages the cruise control.
    Does that make sense considering the possible crossed wire theory?
    That's what my 2011 RT-S does
    2011 Spyder RT-S
    LtCol, USAF Ret
    Proud Patriot Guard Rider
    2011 RT , Yes Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hello...............
    DOWN to set
    UP to resume

Right ? Wrong ??
    (Don't have mine close by to verify.)

Spyder Garage

Mine acted up just before I hit the dreaded "Limp Mode." After that was fixed, cruise worked again.
    2011 Spyder RT SM5
    2006 Honda Shadow Aero 750
    1974 Rokon MX340
    1984 Toyota tube buggy (Truggy) rock crawler (highly modified)
    2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser(modifiedfor off-roaduse)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    Hello...............
    DOWN to set
    UP to resume

Right ? Wrong ??
    (Don't have mine close by to verify.)
    Right!

(If everything is working properly. )
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I am aware this is an old thread, but will give it a try anyhow. I have a 2012 RT SM5 which has had and now has again a problem with the cruise control. Each time, it is the same symptoms. While it was still under the extended warranty, the cruise control would quickly display off when the set was used (the switch was pressed down). The dealer ordered the complete control cluster and replaced it, which is obviously a major undertaking, 4 or 5 hours at the dealer. I left the dealer and got on the freeway, and it worked a couple of times, then did the same, briefly flashing OFF and, of course, not accomplishing the set. Long story, turned around, went back to dealer, tech guy said the new one was defective as well. They ordered another complete cluster which was installed and it has worked fine, until the past few months when it began to intermittently fail to set, and the OFF indicator would display as soon as the set was pressed. Now, it fails almost always, and sets the cruise to OFF if trying to reduce speed with the switch/button.
    Is there any way to clean or repair these switches? The spyder is at an age and has 49,000 miles now and just had the compressor replaced (expensive). Not sure if it is worth the cost of replacing the controls again as my dealer now charges 100.00 per hour labor as well.
    Any tips on what goes wrong with these switches, or are they just that flimsy and unreliable?
    Thanks in advance!
    Wayne
    2012 RTS M5 , Baja Ron Blue