Spyder Garage

Exclamation 2016 F3-T with Top Case - Radio too loud???

I know that no one has ever said "My radio is too loud" but mine is. I have a 2016 F3-T that I added the top case on to. The speakers that are in the top case are way too loud. On setting 1 (or the first up from mute) is just blaring loud. I have gone into the settings to see if something needs to be changed but I can't figure it out. I can't imagine what it would be like if I actually turned up the volume a few notches! Has anyone else had this problem?

I know I will need the higher volume for the highway but not just to be riding around town.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ikindred View Post
    I know that no one has ever said "My radio is too loud" but mine is. I have a 2016 F3-T that I added the top case on to. The speakers that are in the top case are way too loud. On setting 1 (or the first up from mute) is just blaring loud. I have gone into the settings to see if something needs to be changed but I can't figure it out. I can't imagine what it would be like if I actually turned up the volume a few notches! Has anyone else had this problem?

I know I will need the higher volume for the highway but not just to be riding around town.
    As soon as your radio is on, and too loud, tap tap tap the down arrow. That will lower your volume. When you hold down the down arrow, that will mute the volume
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default LOUD

It might be possible that your radio setting has 90% of volume being sent to those rear speakers ...... check the balance / fader setting ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Agree...

not familiar with your sound system but many have a default volume setting and yours may also be loud. Now if it is only the rear speakers it would be like Mike stated...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

how do you change the balance? I don't see a setting for balance.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I don't have the extra rear trunk but hit mode until you get to preferences and scroll down the first list to audio. Then across to the settings. I remember there was some upload to the radio that had to be done when the trunk was added. Did they do it?
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

There is a software download that has to be performed when you add the topcase with amp and speakers. Check with your dealer.

Spyder Garage

I have the top case, have done the radio update and have no option to fade front speakers or back one's. I have looked for this option twice.

T.P.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    It might be possible that your radio setting has 90% of volume being sent to those rear speakers ...... check the balance / fader setting ..... Mike

2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default F3 Topbox Speaker Volume

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    I had what sounds like same problem after topbox install on my 2016 F3L; back speaker volume was very high, even when turn volume down so low that the front speakers could not be heard. had the software update installed via the radio's USP port, and problem is fixed.
    FYI: update also fixes a problem of the radio over charging device connected to it's USP port.

TomG

Spyder Garage

Default over charging

How can I tell if mine is over charging my I phone ?
    Monique,
    2016 F3t pearl white
    Ultimate driver back rest
    12v power outlet for batt. tender
    Doc Humphries' vibration damper
    factory floorboards
    added topcase

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rays hell View Post
    How can I tell if mine is over charging my I phone ?
    I have no idea. i keep an ipod connected all the time, and perhaps it has been overcharging. I mentioned it in my post simply because the dealer mentioned it to me.
    TomG

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    There is a software download that has to be performed when you add the topcase with amp and speakers. Check with your dealer.
    This is the fix. Just did mine.