Spyder Garage

Default 2013 ST LTD HEADLIGHT ADJUSTMENT

This deals with the 2013 ST not the RT. Can anyone tell me how to adjust the headlights (aiming the headlights) on a 2013 ST LTD. I've just put new shocks, a Bajaron sway bar, fog lights, and have converted the halogen headlights to LEDs. The nose is a bit higher now and the headlights are aimed skywards. I've looked at the manual that comes with this spyder and all it tells me is how to measure and mark the beam of light that is emitted BUT nowhere does it tell you how or where any adjustments are. (On the RT ((which my wife has)) the adjustments are both visible and accessible. Does this spyder if fact have any adjustments for their headlights? Here's hoping someone out in Spyderland has an answer. Thanx

Spyder Garage

From page 121 of your owners manual.

2013 st headlight.JPG
    The location shown is correct. The pic is of the left adjuster and there is a matching one for the right. You're looking in the vent below the headlight. Absolutely no panels need to be removed. It is not an adjustment screw as described. It's a gear accessible through a hole. You need a number 4 Phillips screwdriver. Not a common size, but available. The shaft needs to be a minimum of 8 inches long or it will not reach the adjuster. There is a channel in the bottom of the headlight housing that leads the tip of the screwdriver into the adjuster. The side of the screwdriver tip will mesh with adjuster teeth.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default HEADLIGHT AIMING IN 2013 SPYDER ST LTD

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    From page 121 of your owners manual.

2013 st headlight.JPG
    The location shown is correct. The pic is of the left adjuster and there is a matching one for the right. You're looking in the vent below the headlight. Absolutely no panels need to be removed. It is not an adjustment screw as described. It's a gear accessible through a hole. You need a number 4 Phillips screwdriver. Not a common size, but available. The shaft needs to be a minimum of 8 inches long or it will not reach the adjuster. There is a channel in the bottom of the headlight housing that leads the tip of the screwdriver into the adjuster. The side of the screwdriver tip will mesh with adjuster teeth.
    Thanx for that information. I've seen what BRP had written regarding how to adjust BUT could never find the screw used for the adjustment. (Both the picture supplied by BRP and that arrow are basically pointing to nothing and are of very poor quality). Knowing that its really a 'gear' and that as you state, a #4 phillips screwdriver, (and a long one at that ((8 inches min.)), is used, gives me a great deal of optimism. I'll try to locate the channels used to guide that screwdriver, (its no small wonder being that far inside that I could never find that 'gear' let alone see it!). I'll go to NAPA or Bumper to Bumper or some such place to see if they can supply me with that screwdriver. It's snowing here today but the forecast is for better weather tomorrow. Again Thanx