Spyder Garage

Default FOBO will not pair

I purchased these from LaMonster last season and they worked great. When it started getting real cold I took them off without releasing them - Now they do not pair. I dont know if this is the reason. But its crazy frustrating as I've tried everything. I'm getting the sensor is undetectable message. Anybody have this issue?

Thanks,

Mike
    2015 RT-S Special Series Grey and Black w/ Burgundy Seat. Extras: Burgundy Backrest, Luggage Rack, Can Am Travel Bags, Lamonster Sway Bar, Highway Pegs, FOBO, GPS Center Mount, Helmet locks, Cuff, and adding more daily

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hi Just had this happen with one, changed the battery and now all set.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I was going to suggest a battery change.

Spyder Garage

You might try to delete the app and reload a fresh copy to your phone. Dunno...

Spyder Garage

Default Release Them

I took mine off for the winter and uninstalled the app to keep from draining my phone battery. I just reinstalled them yesterday. I installed the app again and my old settings were still there in my account. I had to release each sensor individually and reinstall just like they were brand new. No problem after that.

Spyder Garage

Default FOBO Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Boilermaker View Post
    I took mine off for the winter and uninstalled the app to keep from draining my phone battery. I just reinstalled them yesterday. I installed the app again and my old settings were still there in my account. I had to release each sensor individually and reinstall just like they were brand new. No problem after that.
    Thanks for the suggestions. I did all of the above and more working with customer service - one guy in Malaysia - After a few hours of troubleshooting - they are replacing them as a 1 time courtesy.

These were the steps he suggested -

Kindly follow the below troubleshooting steps:

1) Please ensure while screwing sensor on the valve there is a hissing sound.
    2) Before you try to pair please reboot your phone ( switch off and switch on).
    3) Try sensor on any other tire and try to pair, this is to confirm there is no blockage in the valve.
    4) Don't screw the sensor on the valve until the app guides you to do so.
    5) Take out the sensor battery wait for 15 seconds and place it back and try to pair.
    6) Please ensure Mobile bluetooth, location service & internet is on.
    7) Put your mobile on flight mode and only switch on the Bluetooth then try to pair.
    8) Please ensure while pairing your mobile touch the sensor.
    9) Delete the current App and download again.
    10) Please ensure your mobile battery is not less than 20%.
    11) Remove the mobile from casing ( if there is any).
    12) Press down the battery cage to create a tighter contact? It's tensile steel, so it will spring back so there is no need to worry about over pressing.
    2015 RT-S Special Series Grey and Black w/ Burgundy Seat. Extras: Burgundy Backrest, Luggage Rack, Can Am Travel Bags, Lamonster Sway Bar, Highway Pegs, FOBO, GPS Center Mount, Helmet locks, Cuff, and adding more daily

Indian Land, SC (30 miles S of Charlotte, NC) was Spotsylvania, VA
    Spyder Garage

Another thing to consider but not likely the problem:

Are the batteries in the FOBO oriented in the correct direction +/_?
    HokieV

2015 RTS Intense Red Pearl (New Jan. 2016) - Comfort Heated Seat w/Backrest, Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light, superbrightled.com Brake Light Strobe, TricLED fender lights w/Blinker Module & Turn Signal Strips, Stebel Nautilus Horn, FOBO TPMS, Spydercuff, Dual USB outlet, Bike Barn.

Previous - 2011 RT Limited.

Spyder Garage

If I may ask what version of android is your phone?
    Is it android 7.0?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by beefybudds View Post
    If I may ask what version of android is your phone?
    Is it android 7.0?

Iphone IOS 10.3.1

Spyder Garage

The instruction to touch the phone to the FOBO device is serious. When I first installed mine, they failed to pair because I wasn't doing that.
    Last edited by RiverCity45; 04-27-2017 at 01:24 PM.
    ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
    2012 Spyder RS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by unbeatablebonz View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. I did all of the above and more working with customer service - one guy in Malaysia - After a few hours of troubleshooting - they are replacing them as a 1 time courtesy.

These were the steps he suggested -

Kindly follow the below troubleshooting steps:

1) Please ensure while screwing sensor on the valve there is a hissing sound.
    2) Before you try to pair please reboot your phone ( switch off and switch on).
    3) Try sensor on any other tire and try to pair, this is to confirm there is no blockage in the valve.
    4) Don't screw the sensor on the valve until the app guides you to do so.
    5) Take out the sensor battery wait for 15 seconds and place it back and try to pair.
    6) Please ensure Mobile bluetooth, location service & internet is on.
    7) Put your mobile on flight mode and only switch on the Bluetooth then try to pair.
    8) Please ensure while pairing your mobile touch the sensor.
    9) Delete the current App and download again.
    10) Please ensure your mobile battery is not less than 20%.
    11) Remove the mobile from casing ( if there is any).
    12) Press down the battery cage to create a tighter contact? It's tensile steel, so it will spring back so there is no need to worry about over pressing.
    Just got new tires installed and went through all these steps and ran out of patience! Going back to old fashioned valve caps!

Spyder Garage

Had similar issue(s) with the FOBO not re-syncing...replaced the batteries this spring and they re-synced fine...then I adjusted the hi / low settings and had to re-pair the sensors and they wouldn't re-sync...got the same 12 steps from FOBO rep and tried them all...now they're telling me it's the Android 7.0 OS on my phone that's the issue and I'm to try to find another device NOT running 7.0, download the app to THAT device, re-pair the sensors THEN they should be able to resync to MY phone...I'm now trying to find friends w phones that meet that criteria to try this last step...not holding my breath that it will fix the issues...disappointing in that a) I liked them but b) they only lasted less than 1 season d/t a phone glitch

Spyder Garage

Default I also had an issue ...

I also had an the non syncing issue with mine about 2 months ago when I had to replace the batteries. I had also since last riding season, updated my phone. I tried to link them again and was getting the message that they were registered to me, and gave me some code for each wheel. After lots of frustration, I gave up on them and about a week later, I removed the software and reloaded it and when it asked for my email address to log in, I tried a second email address that I use for junk email and lo and behold, I learned that I had originally registered them using my junk email address instead of my regular address and these puppies linked straight up! Been working ever since.
    I love how the earth rotates around the sun ... it really makes my day!

Currently Own:

2019 F3 Limited - Vegas White (Dark Edition) - His
    (Baja Ron bar/links-Short reach bars-Center footpegs-Tall boy screen-Flag holders-LED Skidplate-Spydercuffs-Ultimate seat-LED Headlights)
    *** BLOWN MOTOR Apr 21 @3,800 miles, motor replaced by BRP Jun 5, 21 ***

2019 RT Limited - Phoenix Orange (Chrome) - Hers
    (Baja Ron bar/links-Skidplate-Spydercuff-Comfort seat-LED Headlights)

Previously Owned:
    2013 RT SE5 (Orbital Blue) *31,000 Miles* - His
    2012 RT Ltd SE5 (Pink Full Body Wrap) *41,000 Miles* - Hers
    2021 Ryker 900 (Black) Sport Windshield - Foam Grips - Solo Comfort Seat