Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Advice needed on which loading ramps to buy

My wife and I have a 2015 Spyder RT Limited and we have a U-Haul type trailer. We need to buy a loading ramp. I understand that the ramp needs to be long enough so the nose doesn't hit when loading. Can anyone advise what is the best make and size to buy?

Spyder Garage

Default Ramps

Discount Ramps sells several long and wide ramps. Length of the ramps depends on the trailer deck height. 7 1/2 to 8 feet is usually sufficient.
    2013 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
    2017 Honda Pilot
    2018 Maverick Trail 1000 DPS
    2015 RTS SE6 Intense Red Pearl
    2014 35' Keystone Fuzion Impact Toyhauler
    Ultimate Seats passenger backrest, Adjustable wind deflectors, Minitrailer USA trailer, Can Am driver backrest, Corbin passenger armrests, after market hitch, DIY bump skid, LED turn indicaters, cup holders, frunk decal stripes, DIY GPS mount, DIY Gopro dash mount, aux 12v & USB outlets, DIY belt rock shield, BajaRon swaybar, frunk 12v outlet

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WELLLLLLL NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT

Quote Originally Posted by johnfdavid101 View Post
    My wife and I have a 2015 Spyder RT Limited and we have a U-Haul type trailer. We need to buy a loading ramp. I understand that the ramp needs to be long enough so the nose doesn't hit when loading. Can anyone advise what is the best make and size to buy?
    Before spending any money ......... try this ...... tilt the Tongue of the trailer up , so the tail goes down ....... this reduces the load height by quite a bit ...... It does make the loading process slightly more complicated but your ramps will be much, much shorter ..... you could use 2 x 6's ............. Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Perhaps I'm just overly cautious...
    But I would NEVER try to ride up onto a trailer, that wasn't latched down to something up front!
    If everything goes right:
    But if it doesn't: you can end up lifting the nose of the trailer skyward, and pushing around with your bike... not cool!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

If you don't want to try lowering the rear of the trailer (something I have done) after chalking the wheels, Try raising the Spyder load off of a curb. if you do go with ramps keep a few 2x6 2 ft long so you can raise the front to clear weather your heading in or backing in the 2bys will give you the clearance you need in or out
    Dick Harding
    Boise,ID
    2011 Spyder RT SE5 Limited

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!

Large1 is online now Report Post

Spyder Garage

Default trailer

You can lower the jack on the trailer while it is still connected to the tow vehicle, raising the front and lowering the rear.
    I have a 5' ramp/gate on the back of my utility trailer and never scrubbed loading or unloading the RTs I had.
    Monique,
    2016 F3t pearl white
    Ultimate driver back rest
    12v power outlet for batt. tender
    Doc Humphries' vibration damper
    factory floorboards
    added topcase

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Someone here mention to me a few years ago that if you back the tow vehicle rear wheels on a couple of 2 x 6's it raises the ball and therefore the trailer hitch (like Mike suggested) and lowers the back of the trailer. You'd be surprised how little you have to raise the ball to drop the rear of the trailer quite a bit. You would still need ramps but they could be shorter.