Spyder Garage

Default Spyder no longer handled

Went to my local dealer, Chaparrell Motosports in San Bernardino, CA, to check out a new F3 Limited. Nothing on the floor???Asked a salesman who stated they no longer sell the Spyder.....too many problems, computer glitches, customer complaints, so they sat on the floor collecting dust and taking up show room space. Bye bye Spyder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Imoores016 View Post
    Went to my local dealer, Chaparrell Motosports in San Bernardino, CA, to check out a new F3 Limited. Nothing on the floor???Asked a salesman who stated they no longer sell the Spyder.....too many problems, computer glitches, customer complaints, so they sat on the floor collecting dust and taking up show room space. Bye bye Spyder.
    There is a bit of that going around. It's not always BRP's fault though. Sometimes the dealer causes their own death knell. I do not know what the true case is here--but wanted to present both sides.

We are now down to one selling dealer in the State of Alaska. The dealer that went down--did it to themselves. Service Sucked with a capital S.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Agree...

it happens a lot with multi dealers. Not the biggest seller for them...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    There is a bit of that going around. It's not always BRP's fault though. Sometimes the dealer causes their own death knell. I do not know what the true case is here--but wanted to present both sides.

We are now down to one selling dealer in the State of Alaska. The dealer that went down--did it to themselves. Service Sucked with a capital S.
    They stopped selling Spyders in August 2016, and all I can say is good riddance. I heard the same about Chaparrell Motorsports stopping the selling of Spyders, but to be honest their sale-men tended to focus on dirt and street two wheeler the most. My only experience with their service department was not good. I just bought my 2016 F3T from Temecula Motor Sports, and while a bit further away. The savings and service was worth it.

Just so you know as of today they had no 2017 F3 Limited's, but they can find you one if you want to get one.
    Last edited by Blue Star; 04-15-2017 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Clarification on date
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Fortunately ......

I have a decent dealer with a good service department not far from me. If I didn't, I would have dumped this spyder long long ago. I can never remember ever owning a ride of any type that has needed a repair shop as much as this BRP product. Rear tire, front tires, brake pads, computer issues, belt alignment, frontend alignment, a lean right bank problem that won't go away and rear air shock that's not holding air. All with in 20K miles. The dealer here has been very good working with me to try and solve these problem, and if I hadn't been given a complementary 3rd year warranty by BRP, I'd be out a lot of pocket money by now. The only reason I put up with this ride is that my frontend is going out, my brakes are getting to where they don't work so well anymore, both my left and right banks have problems, my belt problem is it keeps shrinking and I don't know why, and my rear shock looses more air than the spyder's rear shock. Once more, I don't get a complementary extended warranty and my repair bills have far exceeded the original price of the spyder. And those are the reasons I stay with the spyder. Getting old isn't as easy as I thought it was going to be.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear that your Dealer decided to cash it in...
    But let's face it: they're NEVER going to tell you that it was their fault.
    I'll bet that they even toss their clientele under the bus; when discussing poor sales with their marketing Rep.
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 04-15-2017 at 09:08 AM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Sorry to hear that your Dealer decided to cash it in...
    But let's face it: they're NEVER going to tell you that it was their fault.
    I'll bet that they even through their clientele under the bus; when discussing poor sales with their marketing Rep.

tut tut!
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sometimes my slow head can get in front of my even slower fingers...
    Thanks for the catch!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Sure never had all those issues.

Closest Spyder dealer is 4 hours one way. I'm sooo not mechanical so other than fluffing tires and fueling...I need someone to service my rydes. Yep I've seen a couple dealers leave..but my observation (and sitting on their couch with Spyder in for routine service) you can learn alot...and in my case and IMHO it is pretty obvious that the failure lays 98% with the dealer. Two of those "failed" dealers had awesome techs. BUT one place was literally robbing the business blind and not paying bills...they moved a lot of Spyders. Another one would never deal. Absolutely no trades accepted and MSRP pricing. And good heavens don't ask to demo, even though they had a huge lot. So that's my observation...
    And after 140k combined miles I'm more in love with my F3t than I was with the other 2...which I luved...Did I change rydes because they were "problems"...nope just the opposite...BRP came up with something I found that I reallllly liked.
    We all have our opinions, just like we all have belly buttons. Does not make me right and you wrong...but does make me right for my world!! Have an awesome Easter WEekend...
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

For whatever reason(s) Commiefornia is not a very good Spyder market. Unfortunately.

Also unfortunately, my closest Spyder dealer has a horrible reputation. They are a multi-brand motorcycle dealership and their reputation has nothing to do with BRP or the Spyder product. The next closest dealer, which is where I bought my Spyder went out of business (the owners retired and sold the franchises BRP/Honda) to another dealership who is now a multi-brand dealership. I've not been in there and don't know about their service or reputation.

I've spoken to a Spyder rep at a factory sponsored event and they said that Commiefornia is a nut BRP wants to crack very badly, but the plans told to me in confidence have yet to be realized. Hopefully, they are still working on expanding in this state.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Arrow Multi bike dealers

Chaparral has been a has been dealer for a long time when it comes to Spyders. They put zero effort into the program and sold few units that didn't sell themselves. It has been well known since early on that their service and repair department sucked! Truth is - BRP should have pulled the product years ago. In fact, the Indland Empire needs a Spyder dealer that's either stand alone or close to it.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ussoldier View Post
    You mentioned that your at the Central Coast. Did you also meant in Fresno, ca? I also posted a while back. I wasn't able to complete it. But, you can check it out. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...(Disappointed)
    I read your link/post. I was not referring to Fresno.

I won't "out" any dealerships, unless of course they do something so completely outrageous that I can't control myself. IMO, I'm just an anonymous voice on the internet and I don't have a right to bash other people who are trying to feed their families and many negative posts about dealers and whatnot are likely to be misunderstanding or differing points of view.
    2020 RTL SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KX5062 View Post
    I read your link/post. I was not referring to Fresno.

I won't "out" any dealerships, unless of course they do something so completely outrageous that I can't control myself. IMO, I'm just an anonymous voice on the internet and I don't have a right to bash other people who are trying to feed their families and many negative posts about dealers and whatnot are likely to be misunderstanding or differing points of view.
    I can respect your response on this. I notice you have the law enforcement flags. If you ever notice most of the inmates or parolees were con men or a salesman. Yes, I am well aware about the bad people around in California. I've actually dealt with them quite a bit on a daily basis. I am not here to bash people, but I have the right to voice my opinions based off my experience with the dealers just like anyone else. If a dealer does not have any credentials, but have to lie to my face and other customers that do have BRP credentials than to make a living than so be it. Just like drug dealers who have to make money to support their family. But, who am I to judge?

Bottom line, I know there is a few dealers who have reputable and good customer service. I know there is a few in Elk Grove, CA and Riverside Powersports based off customers and my experience. But there are other dealers who are great in servicing the Spyder and assist you in the parts to what to get.

Spyder Garage

Arrow BRP & THEIR DEALER NETWORK

IMO

BRP supplies a product and chooses who their dealers will be.

They(BRP)controls who can and cannot source parts from them to service their product.

Seems to me along with the selection of said dealer network they have a responsibility to themselves and us to monitor the actions and quality of service provided by the dealers they have selected to represent their/our product.

In essence.

The Spyder brand will rise or fall based on BRP's willingness to protect their investment by helping us protect ours at the dealership level - by making sure the dealers they both select and maintain meet a minimum performance standard in both sales and service.

Spyder Garage

Default ?

[QUOTE=Jerbear;1247070]IMO

They(BRP)controls who can and cannot source parts from them to service their product.

I'm not too sure about this, but wouldn't it be up to the motorcycle shop to choose to send technicians to Spyder training not BRP picking and choosing? I can understand why BRP would only want to source parts to the those with the proper training. (Just getting the plastic off without breaking can get complicated.) We have a Can-Am dealer 25 miles away. the owner had a Spyder for himself that he took hour away for service because they are a ATV dealer and not trained for spyders.
    Traded 2013 rt s se5 for pearl white 2015 RTS se6 .
    Gloryder hubs
    622 trailer
    bumpskid
    Wife and I have been a couple since 1980
    32 years of wedded bliss

Spyder Garage

Arrow

[QUOTE=WellsboroSpyder;1247096]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    IMO

I'm not too sure about this, but wouldn't it be up to the motorcycle shop to choose to send technicians to Spyder training not BRP picking and choosing? I can understand why BRP would only want to source parts to the those with the proper training. (Just getting the plastic off without breaking can get complicated.) We have a Can-Am dealer 25 miles away. the owner had a Spyder for himself that he took hour away for service because they are a ATV dealer and not trained for spyders.
    I think you missed my point entirely.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default If BRP doesn't wise up..............

I agree with jerbear, if BRP doesn't wise up Spyders will be relegated to a short appearance on the 3 wheeled M/C market. Competent/incompetent dealers along with cut rate cheep low quality or dependable high quality parts will determine the longevity of the spyder. Whenever or wherever spyder riders meet up a phenomenon in conversations soon takes over. Owners, with regularity, will begin comparing problems they've had with bad parts and their experiences with inept service departments. Some good does come from this interaction however as we all know, bad news always seems to linger longer than good news. It's kind of like when we old geezers start sharing our dwindling health experiences and find common ground to know were not alone with our problems. I don't believe that BRP realizes dependability should be higher on their list of priorities than performance.

Spyder Garage

Have you tried 'Bert's Mega Mall' In Covina, CA?

I have purchased two new bikes, 2003 Honda VTX1800 and a 2006 Suzuki SV100S, from Bert's. Never had a problem. Good deals, but probably not the lowest.

Check this out:

http://www.bertsmegamall.com/default...%20/%20scooter

I used to love just walking around in their store. Adult toy store.

Regards,
    Joe T.
    Joe T.
    I miss SoCal - - - -

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ussoldier View Post
    I can respect your response on this. I notice you have the law enforcement flags. If you ever notice most of the inmates or parolees were con men or a salesman. Yes, I am well aware about the bad people around in California. I've actually dealt with them quite a bit on a daily basis. I am not here to bash people, but I have the right to voice my opinions based off my experience with the dealers just like anyone else. If a dealer does not have any credentials, but have to lie to my face and other customers that do have BRP credentials than to make a living than so be it. Just like drug dealers who have to make money to support their family. But, who am I to judge?

Bottom line, I know there is a few dealers who have reputable and good customer service. I know there is a few in Elk Grove, CA and Riverside Powersports based off customers and my experience. But there are other dealers who are great in servicing the Spyder and assist you in the parts to what to get.
    I mean and meant nothing negative toward you or your opinions, and I especially thank you for your service. What I was expressing was my personal opinions about some of the qualities of the internet and my personal refusal to get drawn into it. It is my personal decision and has no bearing on what anyone thinks or does or does not do.

And, yes, you are absolutely right too many of the lower end of the wage scale here are drawn from the under belly of society, but I won't turn this into a political/sociological discussion.

I bought my Spyder from Simi Valley Honda/BRP, which is the dealership that no longer exists. They were a very good small mom and pop shop of the old school, but the owners retired and sold the business/brand. The new Simi Valley dealership does have a good local reputation, but I have no personal experience. Same goes for Bob Cummings in Bakersfield. I've been in there, but that's the extent of it. Castaic Powersports is supposed to be very good and is or was a BRP Platinum dealership, but again, I have no personal experience.
    2020 RTL SE6

Spyder Garage

Default I may go to the same dealer

Quote Originally Posted by KX5062 View Post
    For whatever reason(s) Commiefornia is not a very good Spyder market. Unfortunately.

Also unfortunately, my closest Spyder dealer has a horrible reputation. They are a multi-brand motorcycle dealership and their reputation has nothing to do with BRP or the Spyder product. The next closest dealer, which is where I bought my Spyder went out of business (the owners retired and sold the franchises BRP/Honda) to another dealership who is now a multi-brand dealership. I've not been in there and don't know about their service or reputation.

I've spoken to a Spyder rep at a factory sponsored event and they said that Commiefornia is a nut BRP wants to crack very badly, but the plans told to me in confidence have yet to be realized. Hopefully, they are still working on expanding in this state.
    I live in Ventura and suspect we go to the same dealer. It had a bad reputation, but is working hard to change that. I've had nothing but good experiences there with the exception of them ordering a trailer that was slightly too small for my F-3. But even then they stood behind the sale and offered to either replace the trailer with a larger one with them paying the difference, or paying for the modifications to the smaller trailer. I went with the mods because I like the smaller trailer. They don't have many Spyders on the lot, but their service people are really good even though a little pricey like all dealers.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Sometimes my slow head can get in front of my even slower fingers...
    Thanks for the catch!

I too have that problem....We are doomed

2015 RT Limited Black Matallic
    BAJARon Sway Bar w/Billet Aluminum Heim Joint Link Set
    SPYDERPOPS Bumperskid with LED's
    SPYDERPOPS RT BRT Rear Lighting Kit
    US LED Flag