Thread: Fobo problem

Spyder Garage

Default Fobo problem

I have set the tire pressure on the Fobo app according to the directions. However, Fobo keeps alerting me that the pressure is low despite the fact that I know the pressure in the tire correspons to the setting in the Fobo app.
    any suggestions. I have written to Fobo, but no response.

Spyder Garage

Sounds like have the minimum set too high.

Example for my front tires: I have mine centered at 20 low side 16 high side 24.

AJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
    I have set the tire pressure on the Fobo app according to the directions. However, Fobo keeps alerting me that the pressure is low despite the fact that I know the pressure in the tire correspons to the setting in the Fobo app.
    any suggestions. I have written to Fobo, but no response.

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

I would say the same as AJ, Steamer......but is it possible to post a photo of your settings on your phone app? (Hard if you use your phone to take photos, I know )

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Indian Land, SC (30 miles S of Charlotte, NC) was Spotsylvania, VA
    Spyder Garage

If your settings appear to be set properly,
    try selecting "CLEAR MEMORY" in app menu.
    HokieV

2015 RTS Intense Red Pearl (New Jan. 2016) - Comfort Heated Seat w/Backrest, Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light, superbrightled.com Brake Light Strobe, TricLED fender lights w/Blinker Module & Turn Signal Strips, Stebel Nautilus Horn, FOBO TPMS, Spydercuff, Dual USB outlet, Bike Barn.

Previous - 2011 RT Limited.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Is the pressure slowly dropping? I had put on one of the locking nuts but had not screwed it in far enough, so the FOBO unit was leaking very slowly. Once it alerted I went back and realized the problem.

Spyder Garage

IMG_0258.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    I would say the same as AJ, Steamer......but is it possible to post a photo of your settings on your phone app? (Hard if you use your phone to take photos, I know )

Pete
    Darn, upside down. Not sure how to right side up.

Spyder Garage

Default Fobo pic

Upside down again. Any help,is greatly appreciated.
    I forgot to mention I am running Hankook Ventus 4 175/55/15 in the front and Kumho Ecsta AST 225/50/15 in the rear. That is why the pressure is set lower than OEM tires.

IMG_0259.jpg
    Last edited by Steamer; 04-13-2017 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Tires

Spyder Garage

I looked at your picture. the battery is not showing on the front tires.
    go to settings find clear memory and they show reset.
    also make sure your low setting is not to low.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by samewok View Post
    I looked at your picture. the battery is not showing on the front tires.
    go to settings find clear memory and they show reset.
    also make sure your low setting is not to low.
    Yeah, I'm wondering if a setting of 15lbs is too low for FOBO to recognise. Most people run at least 18 in car tyres on the Spyder. I'll see if I can dig out my manual. If you have time, how about changing to say 20lbs in the front, just to see?
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Default Fobo

Just changed the batteries
    Did the clear memory and paired the phone to the new pressure settings. To no avail.
    i do wonder if the 15 psi is just to low.
    when I had the Fobo on the Kenda tires I had the pressure setting at 19 psi. and all,worked ok
    did write Fobo but no response.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
    Just changed the batteries
    Did the clear memory and paired the phone to the new pressure settings. To no avail.
    i do wonder if the 15 psi is just to low.
    when I had the Fobo on the Kenda tires I had the pressure setting at 19 psi. and all,worked ok
    did write Fobo but no response.
    I'd try setting it to 20psi just for analysis .......most run car tyres around that range.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    I'd try setting it to 20psi just for analysis .......most run car tyres around that range.
    That wouldn't fix it since his actual pressure is 15 and that is where he wants it.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    That wouldn't fix it since his actual pressure is 15 and that is where he wants it.
    Sure, Ann.....but the idea was to see if 15 was an acceptable figure for FOBO software, or whether it is simply too low, especially with a minimum figure of 13.5. It may well be an acceptable figure, but no one has stated that at this time. The minimum tyre pressure is 23psi for the in car unit, so it is not out of the realms of possibility that 15psi with a min of 13.5 is just not allowed on a trike.

Pete
    Last edited by Peteoz; 04-13-2017 at 11:40 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Admittedly I don't run the FOBO app, but I do run a virtually identical TPMS system, one that uses the same hardware, & I genrally have mine set to 14psi with the Low warning set to alert me at 10psi.....high warning sounds at 18psi.... all without any hassles.

I currently have a similar system in the 4WD (same hardware again) & often run around at 8psi, with the low warning set to 4psi & high warning set to 12psi.... once again, all without any hassles or alarms!!

I wonder if there's something else coming into play here - is it possibly your tire Temperature increase that's too low, ie, a warning telling you your tires aren't warming up enough to work properly?? I don't know enough about FOBO to know if it does that, but all the TPMS versions I've tried have had that feature, so if you are running a cold start pressure that's too high to start with and your tires never warm up properly, you get an alert after about 15-20 mins of driving/movement to tell you your tires haven't warmed up enough & therefore the pressure increase after that amount of time is insufficient....

Spyder Garage

I've worked out that TPMS is a Tire Pressure Monitoring System but FoBo is an acronym too far for my old grey matter to work with.

Any assistance decoding the same will be thankfully received...

2011 RT-S SE5, Acumen Tempest Cat-1 Alarm, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner,
    Autocom Super Pro Auto, Garmin Zumo 550 BT, 10amp Socket, Front Fender LED's,
    Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,
    Cree LED Day Running Lights.

Spyder Garage

Default TPMS FOBO

A gentleman responded to my email along with pics of the settings on y FOBO app. His advice was to view a utube vid that showed how to change the tire pressure and pair the Fobo,with the phone. The process was/is not the problem. I followed the directions precisely.
    My solution was to set the tire pressure on the front ires on the phone app to 14.5. Put in 15.5 pressure in the tires and set the min to 12.5 and the max to 18 psi.
    Seems to work, but a convoluted process.
    thanks for your suggestions/input.
    Headed to Death Valley on Easter Sunday with my wife and new tires and appropriate tire pressure.

Spyder Garage

Good to hear it's working Steamer. FOBO is one of those apps that is sooooooo hard to troubleshoot remotely as there are so many variables in the setup, settings and operator.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffCee View Post
    I've worked out that TPMS is a Tire Pressure Monitoring System but FoBo is an acronym too far for my old grey matter to work with.

Any assistance decoding the same will be thankfully received...
    Funny, I thought the same. Not an acroym but a company. Well, it IS an acronym of the company: For Our Better wOrld.
    Cheers
    Last edited by flyday58; 04-14-2017 at 04:01 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Are valve extenders needed for F3?

I was trying to install the FOBO today on my F3L and it seems the valves are not sticking out enough.

Anyone else have this problem or do I need to force it a little or install valve extenders?

Also did you use the lock nut or not? I watched the Lamonster install video and he skips the lock nut.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I did not use the lock and I do not have a problem screwing on the sensor to the full extent. It is a close fit, but it works for me. Did you try without the locks?
    Quote Originally Posted by al0vely View Post
    I was trying to install the FOBO today on my F3L and it seems the valves are not sticking out enough.

Anyone else have this problem or do I need to force it a little or install valve extenders?

Also did you use the lock nut or not? I watched the Lamonster install video and he skips the lock nut.

Spyder Garage

No problems fitting on my F3-L with plenty of valve stem thread left over, Al......not much help, I know.....and no lock nuts.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.