Thread: FOX RC2 shock

Spyder Garage

Default FOX RC2 shock

I have been trying to get this shock set right for 2 days. As received it was 13 1/2" from eye to eye. I have been unable to get it to the recommended 12 3/8" length. Anybody out there that can help me with this problem??? Also, as I tighten the coil spring it dos not seem to change the length of the shock. Can somebody tell me in a non tech way how to set this thing up right? I sure know nothing about these high priced adjust-all shocks.

Help please??

Thanks,
    Bob

Spyder Garage

Default Let's see....

Tightening or loosening the spring will not change the length of the shock. It changes the tension or preload. If you are working with it on the spyder you will see the lower the tension the lower it may sit depending. Off the unit it will always be the same length...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

You probably need to call fox. But, if it is like most custom shocks the length is with the shock mounted on the spyder and the spyder loaded to the weight it will be ridden at. i,e, you on it.

If you are measuring with it off the spyder it ain;t gonna work.

Spyder Garage

In regards to the Podium RC2 you have, is this the correct Fox Shox for your bikes year and model?

If you are trying to obtain a length of the shock, with the vehicle rested upon the ground, you need to unwind the preload collars without damaging the shock body.

If you have the shock on the bench, and the fully extended length is what you are aiming for, there are several possible solutions.

The shaft is too long / too much travel.

The body is too long.

The shock may need and internal spacer added.