Thread: Lost Keyyy

Spyder Garage

Default Lost Keyyy

I have lost one of my keys to my 2017 F3 Limitted! I have only had it one month and can't believe I lost a key! Anyone know how to get a new one made and cost? Thanks in advance!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Since it's got the new setup: you've got to go to the dealer...
    (With the bike, and the existing key.)
    He can program a new key for you.

Before model year 2014: you could have had you remaining key cloned; this option no longer exists.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Since it's got the new setup: you've got to go to the dealer...
    (With the bike, and the existing key.)
    He can program a new key for you.

Before model year 2014: you could have had you remaining key cloned; this option no longer exists.
    Thank You!

Spyder Garage

Default Lost Key

​PS: take along a LOT of money!!!
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Dealer deal...

You can cut a key to lock and unlock at your local lockmith. But an operational one only from the dealer for now.. and they are jot cheap..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The keyblanks are about $35 or so...
    Add to that programming, and going to a locksmith...

with Joel: look around your home first...

Spyder Garage

Keys are not cheap any more. Last time I did a car rental, they said $450 if I lost the key.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

The responses are true. Do not believe the adds for keys and program, for the 14 and above. I have tried and all have failed. I have extras to open the storage boxes and msc but found none that can be cloned as of yet.
    I keep looking but now 3 years later and still no Joy. dealer is it for a all working key.

Spyder Garage

Default it's around $100

I just had this happen -- hubby pushed the spyder out of the garage, washed it and pushed it back in. Somehow during that time he misplaced my key. I suspect he put it on the bumper of the Jeep that the spyder is parked next to and then I left with the Jeep and the key is gone. We searched everywhere and I ended up going to get a new one. They gave me a blank and suggested a nearby locksmith to cut it ($2.50), and then I brought it back and they programmed it. It was easy other than the roundtrip to the dealership and the cost.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    Before you spend the money on a new key:

Check the pockets of all the pants and jackets you own.

Look in the packet you got when you bought the Spyder

Check under cushions in chairs and couches

Check around the area where your key rack is or where you store your keys

Check all the compartments of your spyder

Check the garage, maybe you set it on a shelf while you removed your helmet

Check the console of your cars/trucks

Hope this helps you out and you find your key.
    also check your washing machine!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vondalyn View Post
    I just had this happen -- hubby pushed the spyder out of the garage, washed it and pushed it back in. Somehow during that time he misplaced my key. I suspect he put it on the bumper of the Jeep that the spyder is parked next to and then I left with the Jeep and the key is gone. We searched everywhere and I ended up going to get a new one. They gave me a blank and suggested a nearby locksmith to cut it ($2.50), and then I brought it back and they programmed it. It was easy other than the roundtrip to the dealership and the cost.
    We are members of CMA and went for a ride and got back home so I know the key is here some place but can't find it. Very frustrating since we just bought the Spyder. How much did they charge you for programming?

Spyder Garage

I just bought a used Spyder with only 244 miles. the owner only returned 1 key. when I talked to dealership, they said good idea to get a fully functional programed key made. key is about $35 and programming can be done at dealership, all of which I received for free. I just paid for key cut and about 8 miles round trip. I asked at parts desk, " doesn't can-am keep a record of key cut and program for each spyder using VIN #". no they don't, and to replace cylinder and get 2 more keys is about $1,200. SO I did a good cheap idea, to get ahead of time
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Default Key

58 bucks, cutting was 5, program was 35. One Benjamin!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

I lost my key last summer and after a week decided to order a new one.Then i found the lost one.Dealer programed the new one for free.Now the wife has one i have one plus one is in my dresser.
    Bill
    2018 RT Anniversary , Brake pedal extended

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by I-Day View Post
    How much did they charge you for programming?
    The question that should be asked is:
    "How much are you willing to pay, when you can't find your key(s)?"
    "

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by I-Day View Post
    We are members of CMA and went for a ride and got back home so I know the key is here some place but can't find it. Very frustrating since we just bought the Spyder. How much did they charge you for programming?
    I know the entire bill was about $100 (just under, just over... don't remember for sure). I don't remember the breakout. I can't go look up my receipt at the moment since we're in the middle of putting in hardwood floors and the filing cabinet is moved to a location where I can't open it.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Programming Key for 2015 F3S

Need extra key but Hawaii has no dealers. Picked up blank at dealer on mainland and had it cut. Brought back to dealer to be programmed and he asked where bike was as he needed it to program key. Told him bike was in Hawaii and just needed key programmed. Reply was that he couldn't program new key without bike. He did offer to sell me new ignition and program keys for it. Price was a bit too steep just for replacement key.

Any ideas how to get programming done? There is no Spyder dealer in Hawaii but there is a Can ATV dealer. Would they be able to program key for me. Am still out of state so I can't check with them.

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WileyTweety View Post
    Need extra key but Hawaii has no dealers. Picked up blank at dealer on mainland and had it cut. Brought back to dealer to be programmed and he asked where bike was as he needed it to program key. Told him bike was in Hawaii and just needed key programmed. Reply was that he couldn't program new key without bike. He did offer to sell me new ignition and program keys for it. Price was a bit too steep just for replacement key.

Any ideas how to get programming done? There is no Spyder dealer in Hawaii but there is a Can ATV dealer. Would they be able to program key for me. Am still out of state so I can't check with them.

Thanks
    Was talking with old friend was going to visit & there is a rental over some where maybe they can help you surely they have some in-house tech to keep the rentals going

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Default Lost Key -- Never again. I hope.

I have lost my Spyder key on three occasions -- At Circus Circus, at Palo Duro Canyon, and at Barton Middle School. I found it ALL three times.

So...I finally bought the key holder from Lamonster and put the key fob from Coyote Powersports on the ring. Then I wrote MY phone number on the back of the fob.

Haven't lost it since.

Test message.

2016 Spyder RT

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WileyTweety View Post

Thanks
    On a 2015 model you need to hook up to a laptop with BUDS software on it to install a new key. The Can-am ATV dealer may be able to do it. Depending on the licence they have paid for. I would certainly call and ask if they could do it.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default key

Quote Originally Posted by Air Force PAO View Post
    I have lost my Spyder key on three occasions -- At Circus Circus, at Palo Duro Canyon, and at Barton Middle School. I found it ALL three times.

So...I finally bought the key holder from Lamonster and put the key fob from Coyote Powersports on the ring. Then I wrote MY phone number on the back of the fob.

Haven't lost it since.
    I dropped my key on a trip to Santa Barbara. Looked for over an hour and coouldn't find it. Called AAA for a locksmith on the hope that I had locked it in the frunk with my gloves. Just before the locksmith arrived a passer-by found the key thirty feet from the bike on the ground. Now I have the key ring attachment on it and I bought a new key for about $130.00 parts and programming, and it's locked in one of my saddlebags. The saddlebag key is on my house key ring so no more worries about losing the key on a ride and being stranded. Not cheap, but valuable peace of mind.