Spyder Garage

Default RT Accessory Mode Discovery

RT Accessory Mode Discovery

Hey, you guys might already know this trick, but I found this out today while cleaning my 2016 RT. I had the key on listening to music through my GPS. I turned the key off not to waste the battery and accidentally touched the Mode button. All the lights shut off except for the backup lights and the radio kept playing. I tried it again and it worked. The screen flashed to a blank screen then the radio came on, my GPS /MP3 played through the speakers, but no running lights were on.

When the key is on, turn it to off while holding the Mode/Eco button. To clear it turn the key to on and then off again. Not sure if this works with other years or models. But it’s a nice way to conserve battery life without running all the lights.

If you guys have any other quick tips please list it or guide me to the magic. Go try it, Go, Go, GO!!!

Stevie

Per Copperman: Another way to turn off the accessory mode is to turn your 4-way flashers on for a second and then turn them off. Thank you! Stevie
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-31-2023 at 07:59 AM. Reason: waist = waste ;-)

Spyder Garage

Another way to turn off the accessory mode is to turn your 4-way flashers on for a second and then turn them off.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

That's awesome thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    Another way to turn off the accessory mode is to turn your 4-way flashers on for a second and then turn them off.

Spyder Garage

It's on page 39 of your operator's guide.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default Agree...

the manual is full of stuff if you read it from cover to cover....but then it is more fun to find things by accident....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    the manual is full of stuff if you read it from cover to cover....but then it is more fun to find things by accident....
    x 3. And, I did not catch that trick.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member SteveLaoyster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I was just using accessory mode over the weekend & found just pushing & holding the mode button will also turn off accessory mode. Ryde safe!!!
    AKA Jud Smales, Four Year Spyder Ryder!
    "Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati"

The Critter 2016 RT-S
    Cat Bypass from Lamonster
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Hella dual horns with relay
    BRP Hitch with trailer module
    Foam Grips
    Adjustable Air Deflectors
    Driver & Passenger Gel Pads in Seat
    Shorty antenna
    Ultraguard half cover
    Gremlin bell from my son
    Break Stripe Kit from Wrap My Spyder
    2016 RT-S , stock not yet Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I've tried this a number of ways and it doesn't work on my 2018 RTL, currently loaded with software version 20.80:
    -- engine running (or not), holding Mode and then switching off and continuing to hold mode -nothing
    -- engine running (or not), switching off and then immediately pressing and holding mode - nothing, etc.)

Does anyone know for a fact this works on the stated model year/SW version? Alternatively, is there a different method?
    2018 RT Limited , OXFORD BLUE METALLIC Dark Edition

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by doncanfix2 View Post
    I've tried this a number of ways and it doesn't work on my 2018 RTL, currently loaded with software version 20.80:
    -- engine running (or not), holding Mode and then switching off and continuing to hold mode -nothing
    -- engine running (or not), switching off and then immediately pressing and holding mode - nothing, etc.)

Does anyone know for a fact this works on the stated model year/SW version? Alternatively, is there a different method?
    Only for 2017 and earlier models.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by doncanfix2 View Post

2021 F3 Limited, I tried pushing everything and nothing works to keep the radio playing.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3Wheeled View Post
    2021 F3 Limited, I tried pushing everything and nothing works to keep the radio playing.
    As Billybovine mentioned back in September 2021 in the post immediately above yours 3Wheeled, the method discussed in this thread works....

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Only for 2017 and earlier models.

Sorry, but them's the breaks!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-15-2022 at 06:15 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!