Spyder Garage

Default Anyone have the Can Am Adjustable backrest on their F3-T ?

I'm looking for more room for my wife and I, and I've tried the Smooth Spyder backrest, which didn't give us enough room. I've thought about the MBL Innovations rack with a top box but I'm not sure that will be comfortable for a long distance ride.

The Can Am adjustable says it gives the passenger up to 2" additional space. I've also looked at the new top box for the F3-T and don't care for the passenger room or the price.
    Anyone with experience with this please chime in.

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Default Picture of backrest

Here is the backrest mounted on my 2016 F3L. The few times it was used, my wife said it was very comfortable.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hdmike58 View Post
    Here is the backrest mounted on my 2016 F3L. The few times it was used, my wife said it was very comfortable.
    Thanks for the picture! Does the backpad move backward and also up and down? I can't seem to find any information about the movement. From the two knobs I'm guessing that is the case.
    Last edited by edbremer; 04-11-2017 at 07:03 AM.

Spyder Garage

We have the BRP adjustable backrest. My wife loves it. They installed both at the dealership, and the adjustable gave her more room. The bad part is the stock seat stops well short of the backrest when it's at the very back of it's adjustment. We ended up buying a cannonball seat because it went farther back and filled up the void left be the standard seat. It also has a lot more padding which she really likes. Ours is a F3 Limited...
    Last edited by ncgrl1; 04-11-2017 at 08:05 PM. Reason: spelling
    2016 Can-Am Spyder F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Sounds like it is probably the way for me to go. Thanks for the information on this, I really appreciate it! I'll have to check out the cannonball seat also....