Thread: FOBO

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default FOBO

I installed the FOBO system in about July of last year. It worked great all last year and when i parked it for the winter and the batteries were full, now none of them will sync. I have unpaired them and tried to pair them again to no avail. I see in the book it says that the batteries can last up to 2 years. Before I change all of the batteries and try again, can any of you tell me what your experiences have been on how long the batteries last?

Thanks
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Change the batteries there should be spares that came with the box. I got about 6 months out of my batteries.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I have Fobo on my wife's bike and mine. I had to replace the batteries on her bike after 7 months and my bike after 11 months. Fobo should tell you the battery life. I think on you app.
    Recommend change the battery.

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
    I have Fobo on my wife's bike and mine. I had to replace the batteries on her bike after 7 months and my bike after 11 months. Fobo should tell you the battery life. I think on you app.
    Recommend change the battery.
    I thought it was probably the batteries, but the 2 years FOBO says threw me for a loop. I will replace the batteries.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Indian Land, SC (30 miles S of Charlotte, NC) was Spotsylvania, VA
    Spyder Garage

Default FOBO and batteries - Maybe NOT

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    I thought it was probably the batteries, but the 2 years FOBO says threw me for a loop. I will replace the batteries.
    I had similar issues with my FOBO, putting in what I thought were new batteries and after a short period to time they showed almost noting on screen.
    I installed brand new batteries with no change. I thought something was not correct.
    Then I went through the menu on the FOBO app and decided to try "CLEAR MEMORY". It might be unrelated but the battery level now was full green. Tried older batteries and did the clear memory again and while not full (I had used them for several months) they did register almost full.
    Might not be just a coincidence but it is worth a try.
    HokieV

2015 RTS Intense Red Pearl (New Jan. 2016) - Comfort Heated Seat w/Backrest, Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light, superbrightled.com Brake Light Strobe, TricLED fender lights w/Blinker Module & Turn Signal Strips, Stebel Nautilus Horn, FOBO TPMS, Spydercuff, Dual USB outlet, Bike Barn.

Previous - 2011 RT Limited.