Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default NMN HID Install Difficulty

I'm wondering from those who have installed the NMN HID's how difficult of a task was it? I'm a novice at working on the spyder with very little knowlege of how some of this stuff is done. I was looking on the NMN website to see if they had any install instructions but was unable to find any. Could a novice install these things or should i take it and let the dealer install them? Really want these but at this time don't have the money to pay to have them installed.
    Happy SE5 Owner!!!

Silver/Black SE5 - Trunk Liner, 1" riser, 12v, Kuryakyn ISO Grips, 5" Kewlmetal Pullback Bars, Kewlmetal Console, Zumo 450, Ipod, Kewlmetal Highway brackets with Wing pegs, Triple Play, Wizard Light LED's, Corbin front/rear saddle with Backrest, Nelson Rigg CL950 Saddlebags with CL800 Tote Bag, CalSci Medium Windshield.

Spyder Garage

90% of the Spyder HIDs kits we sell are installed at home by the average owner.

But without knowing just how comfortable you are doing such items it is hard to say if you would have to get help or not?

Mm
    Last edited by Magic Man; 04-20-2009 at 01:28 PM.
    [URL="http://www.esicycleproducts.com/"]

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post
    90% of the Spyder HIDs kits we sell are install at home by the average owner.

But without knowing just how comfortable you are doing such items it is hard to say if you would have to get help or not?

Mm
    Is there any install instructions online or that can be e-mailed to me so i can see the procedures to determine how comfortable i feel doing the install myself? I've been successfull at install most of the products i have recieved from you so not thinking this will be much different but the pics i have seen kind of make me wonder.

Thanks
    Happy SE5 Owner!!!

Silver/Black SE5 - Trunk Liner, 1" riser, 12v, Kuryakyn ISO Grips, 5" Kewlmetal Pullback Bars, Kewlmetal Console, Zumo 450, Ipod, Kewlmetal Highway brackets with Wing pegs, Triple Play, Wizard Light LED's, Corbin front/rear saddle with Backrest, Nelson Rigg CL950 Saddlebags with CL800 Tote Bag, CalSci Medium Windshield.

Spyder Garage

I would say the hardest part is getting the bulb out and back in but it's no different than changing out the stock bulbs it's just a funky clip that BRP used to hold the bulb. The instructions are right here.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=5306

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I would say the hardest part is getting the bulb out and back in but it's no different than changing out the stock bulbs it's just a funky clip that BRP used to hold the bulb. The instructions are right here.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=5306
    Thanks Lamont. That doesn't look very difficult at all i think i can do this. Looks like i have my June accessory purchase already picked out
    Happy SE5 Owner!!!

Spyder Garage

Default related question

Sort of related question. Do you have to have BRP fog lights installed prior to doing the NMN upgrade to HID fog lights? Or is the kit all inclusive?
    Marilyn

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoBT View Post
    Sort of related question. Do you have to have BRP fog lights installed prior to doing the NMN upgrade to HID fog lights? Or is the kit all inclusive?
    Unless its changed you have to already have the fog lights installed...
    Happy SE5 Owner!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoBT View Post

You need the BRP fog light kit to have been installed on your Spyder to use out HID upgrade kit.

Our kit upgrades the stock fog light bulbs to HIDs, but still requires a housing to go into. The housing is part of the BRP kit.

MM
    [URL="http://www.esicycleproducts.com/"]

Spyder Garage

This is good to know. Thanks!!!
    Marilyn