I went to my local dealer yesterday since BRP was there with 6 Spyders to test ride. I currently have a 2015 RTS and I am considering the F3 Limited. Dealer currently has NO demos so I have been waiting to try one for sometime now.

I was the only one there at the time and since I was an experienced Spyder Ryder I did not have to go through the training cone coarse they had set up. The instructor and I went out for about a 20 minute ride.

The BAD - it was mid 40 degrees with a 15-25 mph wind so not having the protection of my F4 T&W windshield and the large nose on the RT vs. the small stock windshield on the F3, it was a brutally cold ride.

I also did not like that I had to completely lift my foot to reach the brake. With my RT I can just pivot my foot up and over to brake. I have read on here there are some modifications that can be done to help that, but nothing seems to be "the solution". The instructor suggested that perhaps position 4 might be better on the floorboards and that might make it easier to reach the brake peddle. Now I just need to find one like that to try to see if that would help.

The GOOD - Even though it was terrible riding weather it was fun to ride. Much easier in the curves than my RT. Very smooth.

I still will need to try one a few more times to be sure it is worth changing over. I will miss the adjustable windshield, 2 position temp hand grips, more wind break on the RT, additional storage on the RT, but I think it might be worth it. (in then there is always the dilemma of selling or trading)

They are coming back over the next several weeks to different dealers in the region so we will see.