Spyder Garage

Default Anybody tried the F3 occasional 2 up shock?

hello everybody,
    just received my new brp ass. book in mail.....noticed an occasional 2 up rear shock in there.
    Has anybody put this item on? If so pro and cons on it? Ease of installation? Thanks

Spyder Garage

Had dealer put it on. It is worth it, especially if you ride 2 up. Firmer ride when solo.
    John F.
    Tallahassee, FL

2015 Spyder F3 SE6, black
    BRP Driver/passenger Footboards
    BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest
    Blue Ridge Windshield
    MRA X-Creen Tour, clear, clamp-on
    H4 LED Headlights
    F3 LED Fog Light Kit, LED Amber Halo Ring Kit, LED Tail Lights, F3 Rear run/brake/turn LEDs
    Easy Brackets
    Leatherworks, Inc. 120 Special Slight Angle Saddlebags
    Custom Dynamics Front Mud Flap LED lights, Street Magic Front Fender Tips, Double Feature Lens
    2-up rear shock
    Idler pulley kit

Spyder Garage

a lot of us have swapped out the stock rear shock with the 2-up. If you search this forum you'll find several threads on it from when it became available. There are pictures of the 2 shocks side by side that show the difference in the springs.

I ride solo 99.9% of the time and it was well worth it to swap it out just for me. If you ride 2 up, you should definitely swap them.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vondalyn View Post
    a lot of us have swapped out the stock rear shock with the 2-up. If you search this forum you'll find several threads on it from when it became available. There are pictures of the 2 shocks side by side that show the difference in the springs.

I ride solo 99.9% of the time and it was well worth it to swap it out just for me. If you ride 2 up, you should definitely swap them.

I ride 100% solo and got one.. only because I didn't want to spring (pun intended) $1,100 for an Elka.
    That stock shock is complete crap.. bounces up and down like a pogo stick and contributes to frame fatigue.. which we all know they had to 'fix'.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

I just installed the 2 up shock and all I can say is wow! What a difference! I'm a big guy and it rides great and really made a huge improvement on how it handles, so I could only imagine how it would be with Elka's on it.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-28-2023 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Moved Post title - they mess with Searching! ;-)
    2015 F3S , silver

Spyder Garage

I just bought an F3-t... and I thought it was me... it is a little bouncy. I do ride 2 up at least once a week. I will have to look for the 2-up thread.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-28-2023 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Moved Post title - they mess with Searching! ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pickels View Post
    I just bought an F3-t... and I thought it was me... it is a little bouncy. I do ride 2 up at least once a week. I will have to look for thread.
    Your F3-T has a rear air shock. You add air manually with an air valve under the passenger seat. Check your owners manual.
    2020 RT Limited
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelscs View Post
    Your F3-T has a rear air shock. You add air manually with an air valve under the passenger seat. Check your owners manual.
    I've been playing with that... thought I was missing something to replace it. Gotcha
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-28-2023 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Moved Post title - they mess with Searching! ;-)

Spyder Garage

Can someone Settle the argument please? I was talking to my cousin yesterday (we both have 2015 F3S') and he was saying that the air shock on the F3T will fit the F3S because they are all F3. I said the T and L were different. Couldn't get him to believe me. Can someone confirm?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-28-2023 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Moved Post title - they mess with Searching! ;-)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I agree, they are different... The t has reshaped frame somehow to enable it to tow (or perhaps just to enable brp hitch to fit) and from what I've learned the t air shock will not fit the s models.
    I hope I am wrong...

ps I have the two up shock on my f3s, the basic one they (still!) fit is well below par. Btw I ride one up and am not a large person. Wouldn't ride without it.