Spyder Garage

Default Test Rode an 2016 F3T SE6 today

Very different than my 2013 STS SE5, even realizing the totally different riding styles. Only 5 miles, so just a teaser.

Better riding posture for long rides,for sure.
    Smoother ride, less chop.
    More stable tracking, maybe the additional weight?
    Less vibration.
    More shifting, the gear indicator showing the up arrow a lot. The actual shift felt sort of mushy and did not have a definitive engagement, I guess this would be considered "smoother".
    Lower rpm and quieter, overall, you can definitely feel the additional torque.

On the other side, the machine seems less responsive to throttle and shifthe changes. Definite lag between hands and machine response, and the 1330 definitely takes longer to rev up. Not sure whether the acceleration is slower, maybe the extra torque is really hauling, but just does not feel like it because of lower revving and sound?

Could not try this, BUT feels like the STS could take the F3T in a quarter mile, makes sense, wonder if the F3S is more responsive?

Nice machine, but off the budget curve for me.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The green arrow was ECO mode. Turn that crap off and you will get more power and response. I find the shifts are fine on ours above 3,000 rpm.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    The green arrow was ECO mode. Turn that crap off and you will get more power and response. I find the shifts are fine on ours above 3,000 rpm.
    How easy it is to give something a bad wrap just because you don't know enough about it.That's not a criticism of Spyderfish, coz how do you know what you don't know?? You would think the dealer would, at the very least, run through basic things like ECO mode, set the foot position in the right spot, provide the idea RPM for gear changes etc etc etc before letting anyone out for a test ride. They may have even made a sale if Spyderfish had ridden the F3T set to its optimum. Some of them just don't get it (or are simply too lazy).

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Default ECO Mode

Thanks gents for this info, makes sense, because the ride just did not seem to match the specs. Seems BRP chose a somewhat non-intuitive message technique for ECO mode?

This dealership handles every line of 2 wheelers, 4 wheel ATV, personal watercraft, etc. Oh, yeah, and Spyder, which appears to be a very small portion of their business, so not surprised that much of the details are lost in the forest. It was dealer open house, which also added to the activity level; they may have a Spyder expert who was preoccupied, giving them the benefit of the doubt here.

But, still so darn expensive for us fixed income souls!

Spyder Garage

Default Too bad

you did't have a good experience. Please give it another try. Traded my STS for a F3T yesterday and am very happy. also have a RT so I am familiar with the 1330. The ST is real hustler as some Harley riders have found out, but doesn't compare with handling and smoothness of the F3. Lower rpm more torque. the eco mode is a joke. Try Imotorsports in Elmhurst Ill. talk to Jason
    Paul

Spyder Garage

Default Oh no.....

Dangerous move, those test rydes can lead to a serious wallet drain....But I guess it's nice to know. I will stay pat.....but for the review....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default OMG LOVE MINE ! ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    I love my new F3-T... they fit it to me, (No 4 foot position),... I am so happy I went with the F3T over RT... but it was all about the dealer and test driving... you have to ride this machine with ECO mode OFFFFFFFFFF. Engineering greatness... period!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderfish View Post
    Thanks gents for this info, makes sense, because the ride just did not seem to match the specs. Seems BRP chose a somewhat non-intuitive message technique for ECO mode?

This dealership handles every line of 2 wheelers, 4 wheel ATV, personal watercraft, etc. Oh, yeah, and Spyder, which appears to be a very small portion of their business, so not surprised that much of the details are lost in the forest. It was dealer open house, which also added to the activity level; they may have a Spyder expert who was preoccupied, giving them the benefit of the doubt here.

But, still so darn expensive for us fixed income souls!
    Yeah, but who knows what might have happened if the experience had been a full one from the start, Spyderfish..... heck, you might have decided to sell one of the children to fund it. I just get so disappointed when I see dealers who don't do all they can.��
    Last edited by Peteoz; 04-09-2017 at 07:57 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red