Spyder Garage

Unhappy I can't link anything Sena SM10 - Cardo Scala Rider Q1 - Garmin Zumo 665

I can't link anything, Sena SM10 - Cardo Scala Rider Q1 - Garmin Zumo 665

We have a huge problem of linking and staying connected via Blue-Tooth, it SUCKS! Communication from driver to passenger using the Q1 is nearly impossible. Because of this we installed the Sena SM10; well no luck in connecting anything. I still cant talk with my passenger, I cant here the Garmin. I cant do anything and I paid so much in order to have it professionally installed by the dealer. What am I doing wrong? We did all the downloads and updates. I simply want to talk with my wife on the ride and hear the Garmin Zumo 665. The dealer makes me feel uncomfortable, almost like I bother them when I have a question or issue. It was like here you go it's installed, Good Luck!

Please help, somebody!
    Last edited by Stevie; 04-08-2017 at 10:22 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie View Post

We have a huge problem of linking and staying connected via Blue-Tooth, it SUCKS! Communication from driver to passenger using the Q1 is nearly impossible. Because of this we installed the Sena SM10; well no luck in connecting anything. I still cant talk with my passenger, I cant here the Garmin. I cant do anything and I paid so much in order to have it professionally installed by the dealer. What am I doing wrong? We did all the downloads and updates. I simply want to talk with my wife on the ride and hear the Garmin Zumo 665. The dealer makes me feel uncomfortable it was like her you go it's installed, Good Luck!

Please help, somebody!
    Try installing the latest software in might help

Spyder Garage

I did, I even called Cardo for the Q1. At first I was able to communicate with the passenger. Now I cant do anything all I hear is "Unavailable" The Garmin will not find the Q1. The Sena SM10, I paid so much for just sits there blinking. I'ts has to be something I am not doing correctly.

Spyder Garage

We have a huge problem of linking and staying connected via Blue-Tooth, it SUCKS! Communication from driver to passenger using the Q1 is nearly impossible. Because of this we installed the Sena SM10; well no luck in connecting anything. I still cant talk with my passenger, I cant here the Garmin. I cant do anything and I paid so much in order to have it professionally installed by the dealer. What am I doing wrong? We did all the downloads and updates. I simply want to talk with my wife on the ride and hear the Garmin Zumo 665. The dealer makes me feel uncomfortable, almost like I bother them when I have a question or issue. It was like here you go it's installed, Good Luck!

Please help, somebody!
    My guess, you have a Spyder RT series. Also you DO NOT have a Bluetooth Dongle.

With the Sena, you can set them up to intercom independent of the Spyder.

Without the Dongle, you can program the Garmin to transmit to one Sena unit.

Without the Dongle, you will not have any music from the Spyder into the Sena.

I am no expert on this but have been doing the research this past week, learning from others much smarter than myself about it.

All the best with it. Sena website has some videos showing how to pair headsrts for intercom. Your Garmin will have a Bluetooth setup, it needs to find one headset and pair with it.

There is some advanced setups where you could use your phone for music and it can go to both Sena units without a Dongle, but the music is generated from your phone.

Spyder Garage

If the SM10 is blinking, it is trying to pair. Not sure about the compatibility between a Sena SM10 and a Cardo Scala. The Garmin pairs to the bluetooth headsets (like the SMH10), not the SM10.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

My Garmin plays music, I'm fine with that I just cant hear it in my helmet.

Spyder Garage

What is the model and year of your mystery Spyder? That would be helpful.
    You say you just want to talk to your passenger and hear the Zumo 665. Hate to tell you this but you don't need the SM10 BT dongle to do that. You need the dongle to hear the radio if you want to. The 665 will be heard that way too, since you now have it.
    First the the 2 headsets need to be paired to each other in intercom mode. Not BT. Look at the instructions for your headset on how to paired them with each other.
    Then you need to pair the SM10 to each of the headsets. Following the BT instructions for the dongle and the BT instructions for the headsets.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Thank you guys, it's a 2016 RT-SE6 B2GF that has been customized up to a Limited.
    If I can get the GPS to link to the helmets, I can play music through the 660 as well as hear the directions. So What the heck did I need the $400.00 dongle for?

Spyder Garage

I will check that out and let you know. Thank you so much

Spyder Garage

Thank you guys, it's a 2016 RT-SE6 B2GF that has been customized up to a Limited.
    If I can get the GPS to link to the helmets, I can play music through the 660 as well as hear the directions. So What the heck did I need the $400.00 dongle for?
    I think the 660 can only pair with one headset. Double check the 660 manual to be sure. But the Sena dongle can pair with 2. That's maybe why the dealer recommended it.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    I think the 660 can only pair with one headset. Double check the 660 manual to be sure. But the Sena dongle can pair with 2. That's maybe why the dealer recommended it.
    Yes, I agree after having Finless give me great lessons on all of this prior to me buying anything.