We have a great ride coming up. We hope you will join us:

Road Captain: Katie Barber
Difficulty: Moderate to Challenging
Total Group Ride Time:
Day 1: 2hrs
Day 2: 1hr 10min

You guys asked for it, so I am organizing an official ASR trip to enjoy Cherohala Skyway and the Dragon!

Friday night (April 21st) we'll stay the night in Tellico Plains. I'll be at the Lodge at Tellico. Lodging is UP TO YOU as long as you are nearby the start location. For those who can arrive in Tellico Plains, TN by dinner time, we'll meet you at Tellicafe at 6:30pm. *Tellicafe, 128 Bank St, Tellico Plains, TN 37385

Saturday morning on the 22nd, we'll meet at the Exxon Gas Station at 9am. Please ensure you have a full tank of gas!
The address is: 450 Cherohala Skyway, Tellico Plains, TN 37385
ROLL OUT is at 9:30am. We'll do Cherohala Skyway, stop for pictures along the way, and arrive in Robinsville, NC around lunch time. Southern Gals for lunch. *Southern Gals Country Cooking, Nantahala National Forest, 400 Rodney Orr Bypass, Robbinsville, NC 28771

Afternoon activities are up to you. Fontana Dam is a great short afternoon jaunt and if you want to do the Dragon early go for it, but that will be up to you. I'll be staying the night at the Microtel in Robbinsville. Sadly, Ironhorse Lodge was sold out due to another group ride staying there that same weekend. If you want to stay at Deal's Gap, knock yourself out. There are pretty insane parties there on Saturday nights that are a ton of fun (so I hear).
*6pm Dinner at Lynn's Place in Robbinsville, NC Saturday Night (parking is limited! It is walking distance from the Microtel)
Lynn's Place, Nantahala National Forest, 237 E Main St, Robbinsville, NC 28771

Sunday, April 23rd: Meet at 9:40am the Robbinsville Post Office (same shopping center as Ingles) lot at 74 Sweetwater Rd, Robbinsville, NC 28771
ROLL OUT is at 10am SHARP to do the DRAGON (while we are nice and fresh, the road isn't busy, and the photographers along the road are set up and fresh as well). Lunch at Deal's Gap & Gift Shops, then head home after lunch.