Spyder Garage

Default Will my spare seat fit?

When we had the 2010 RT we won a seat at Spyderfest and replaced the stock one. A couple weeks ago we traded the 2010 for a 2016. Question is, will the leftover seat from the 2010 RTs fit on the 2016 RTs? If it will I might keep it around just in case we decide to get a Day Long or other seat custom made. If it won't fit, well then I need to get rid of it.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I am thinking the RT OEM seats are pretty much universal through the years.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    I am thinking the RT OEM seats are pretty much universal through the years.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It'll fit just as if it was made for the bike!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THERE IS A DIFFERENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    When we had the 2010 RT we won a seat at Spyderfest and replaced the stock one. A couple weeks ago we traded the 2010 for a 2016. Question is, will the leftover seat from the 2010 RTs fit on the 2016 RTs? If it will I might keep it around just in case we decide to get a Day Long or other seat custom made. If it won't fit, well then I need to get rid of it.
    I'm pretty sure from 14 and up the difference was in the part of the PAN where the Driver's backrest attached ( maybe 13 also but I'm sure )....... otherwise they are dimensionally ( for mounting purposes ) the same ..... Mike