Spyder Garage

Default How do I wire in the accessory circuit

Hello to everyone as I am new to spyderlovers and just got a new spyder F3 T my first. I need some help on wiring up a cig type socket. I want to put one under the pass seat I found the plug marked customer accessory . I expected to fined a open plug to tie in to but this has no opening just wiring running on under the seat. Now being old school and old everything else I am a hot wire and ground wire type and this even has three wires so I sure don't want to screw any thing up so I need to ask for help from someone that's smart than I am. Any help I would appreciate but remember I am old so nice and slow and real easy to understand. Thanks Jeeper

Spyder Garage

Default Just added the Power outlet kit to wifes F3T

I had the BRP Power Outlet Kit # 219400366 on the shelf and it mated up to the two wires in the flexible rubber boot under the seat. Can't remember if it was under the driver or pillion, as I had them both off looking it over. The flexible rubber boot was folded down under the wiring loom if I recall. It was easy to push the two clipped ends from inside the flexible boot over the spade ends on the power outlet and then stretch and pull the rubber boot over the outlet to provide a seal. Then I just routed the whole pigtail with outlet to the left grab rail and looped it around where it was secure between the seat and the rail. Wife uses a Gerbing 12V power plug to then lead to her heated gear. Sorry I didn't take picks when the seat was off.

DSCN1670.jpgDSCN1671.jpg
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Spyder Garage

I guess what I need I why 3 wires in that plug and where they go from the plug and if I can just splice into the wires

Spyder Garage

Default I think the special formed plug labeled "accessory" actually is for the top trunk on

Hi Jeeper,

I think the 3 wire special formed end plug labeled "accessory" actually is the pigtail that you use to power the tail lights etc on the top trunk if you had one (like the Limited models do). I am not sure that I would try to splice power or if that plug may be live sometimes with the brake lights.

If you take out the two bolts at the rear of the drivers seat and slip it out and off, you should find the dedicated pigtail for a 12V outlet. I know it is live and with only two wires inside already with crimped connectors to slip on the spade ends of the 12 volt plug of your choice. If I recall, that flexible booted end was folded once and tucked under a clip about the middle of the area under the driver's seat. It was plug and play with the BRP weather proof outlet that I had previously purchased for our RT. The flexible rubber boot had the two tabs that stretched over the outlet very handily and sealed it from the elements. It also had sufficient length to lead out below the left side of the seat as in the picture. My old instructions for the BRP outlet kit did not reference the F3 model, but the paper said that the black wire was Ground (outside tab of the 12V socket) and the purple stripe wire was the hot, positive wire (went to the center tab of the 12 V powerlet). It worked slick for me on the 2016 F3. I'm not home, but might get a look to confirm those wires tonight. Good Luck.

Spyder Garage

Default Here are some pics of the pillion area and

It looks like the power tap end came from under the seat. After I took off the driver seat (2 - 8 mm socket screws) I was able to pull the flexible boot out and then route it through the plastic slot next to the grab rail (see center of second pic) and the rest it on the tray between the grab rail and the pillion seat. There may be a knock out plug or you could drill an appropriate size hole if you wanted to mount the 12V plug inside the left saddle bag on the F3T. I choose to leave it outside to power heated gear for now. Your choice depending on what you want to charge while riding.rearpillionF3.jpgUnderSeat.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default accessory circuit

Hey guys thanks for the help. The weather here sucks I will try to get to it this weekend and see if I can get it worked out