Spyder Garage

Default Givi windshields

There was a lot of talk about the new Givi windshields a couple of weeks ago. I can't seem to find a source for these. The Giviusa website has very little info and I would like a little more about them and a source to order from online should I decide on one.

Lee

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Lee View Post
    There was a lot of talk about the new Givi windshields a couple of weeks ago. I can't seem to find a source for these. The Giviusa website has very little info and I would like a little more about them and a source to order from online should I decide on one.

Lee
    Sport Tour in Ohio sells Givi products and has great customer service. You can order on line (www.sporttour.com) or call them (866-761-0936). Model number is Givi D770ST. Go to Givi products, fitment, Can Am and it should come up. $126 plus shipping.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

That is exactly where I got mine from. Once I get my spyder back from its first service appointment I will post pictures.

Oh, and so far I like it alot.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BRPjunkie View Post
    Sport Tour in Ohio sells Givi products and has great customer service. You can order on line (www.sporttour.com) or call them (866-761-0936). Model number is Givi D770ST. Go to Givi products, fitment, Can Am and it should come up. $126 plus shipping.
    That's where I got mine. 120 mile ride on Friday and no problems but I don't think it would work well for someone too tall. It really collected the bugs. I'm about 5'8" and it's about nose level for me.

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/u...orth/front.jpg
    http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/u...worth/side.jpg
    Last edited by gnkc; 04-20-2009 at 03:42 PM. Reason: nonworking url

Spyder Garage

Thanks I went to their site and it don't say what material they are made of. At that price I may order it anyway.

Spyder Garage

Made of Plexiglass - is very similar to the BRP shields as far as fit and finish.

Sorry - corrected this to say Plexiglass - NOT Polycarb.

Indeed , the GIVI is made of DOT certified Plexiglass. Has a stamp on it with numbers stating this.
    Last edited by Firefly; 04-20-2009 at 08:30 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Lee View Post
    Thanks I went to their site and it don't say what material they are made of. At that price I may order it anyway.
    The Givi shield is acrylic. The peel off sticker that comes on it says; "this windscreen is made in acrylic material". The imbeded ID says "PlexiGlass" which is a brand name for acrylic. You will not be disappointed in the quality and looks. I have seen the video of the comparison of the strength of polycarbonate versus acrylic, but I need shield to keep wind and bugs off me, not rocks, hammers, bats and bullets. I am very happy with the perrformance, which is not perfect, but for the majority of the riding I do, it is just what I need. At $130, it is a bargain.