Spyder Garage

Default Passenger Arm rests

Due to an injury and MS, my wife has a shoulder droop the makes it uncomfortable to hold on to the hand grips a ride longer than 30 minutes. I have been looking at the Rivco armrests. They have two different styles Dose anybody have either of them and if so can they used to hold on while riding.

Very Active Member Bam Bam and Pebbles's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Dont have the Rivco, but my wife loves the Diamond R Web rests on our RT. Solid and good looking. She never uses the passenger hand rails.

Current Ride
    2015 RT-S SM6 Cocaine
    Pearl White
    Diamond R Web Armrests
    Shorty Windshield

Previous Ride
    2012 RT SM5 The Beast
    Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Armrests

My wife really likes the Corbin armrests.
    2013 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
    2017 Honda Pilot
    2018 Maverick Trail 1000 DPS
    2015 RTS SE6 Intense Red Pearl
    2014 35' Keystone Fuzion Impact Toyhauler
    Ultimate Seats passenger backrest, Adjustable wind deflectors, Minitrailer USA trailer, Can Am driver backrest, Corbin passenger armrests, after market hitch, DIY bump skid, LED turn indicaters, cup holders, frunk decal stripes, DIY GPS mount, DIY Gopro dash mount, aux 12v & USB outlets, DIY belt rock shield, BajaRon swaybar, frunk 12v outlet

Spyder Garage

Diamond R. Wife approved !
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I have the ones from ultma seats.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

does anybody make arm rests that are adjustable for height?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I had Diamond-Rs on my 2010, and Show Chrome on my 2014:
    the Diamond-Rs are much easier to install and use.
    It seems that EVERY time I have to fiddle with an adjustment on the new ones: it's a battle trying to find the right tool, to be able to get to them!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Arm Rests

I have Corbin and can't recommend them. Delivery time was excessive, installation instructions were inaccurate, and the reinforced screw holes in the arm rests did not match up with the screw locations on the bike.

Spyder Garage

I have the Rivco and think they are pretty flimsy when mounted. They are solidly built but the mounting I am not happy with. I don't know how the Diamond R's mount but I would lean towards them.

Spyder Garage

20170323_093253.jpg20160513_113908.jpgI have the show chrome armrests and after I had my Russel Day Long seat done and had my wife's seat raised about 5 inchs so she could see over me I had to do something to raise the armrests. If your handy: I just made a simple framework out of u channel and square channel and painted them and attached to the show chrome mounts. Got new stainless bolts for length needed to attach them and was good to go. As any of these armrest's they are not meant to be used with your bodyweight to get on and off the bike. They are designed to hold the weight of your arms only otherwise you will be breaking plastic. Unfortunately passengers do forget that even after you tell them. NOW, I also do not like the flimsy mounts of these and at some point I'm going to try to find a way to strengthen them up before some panels get broke, but with only plastic panels in that area its definately a head scratcher on how to make a stronger mounting bracket. A future project. safe riding! Sorry none of my pictures will now post in the upright postion and I've tried everything suggested on this sight.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by trikerbiker645; 04-04-2017 at 10:25 AM.
    Baja Ron sway bar, Spyder Dock, Highway Brackets,Trident pegs, Spyder Decals, Signal Mirror led strips, Utopia backrest, 5 pc. Hopnel liner set, cargo nets side/rear doors. Mesh bag front trunk, foam grips, spare trunk key, passenger armrests/storage pouch's, ram mounts/GPS, Drink holder,Phone, Passenger clamp-on drink holder, rear trunk tap light, custom plate frame, spyder fastener bolts, adjustable lower mirror wind deflectors, F4 Customs windshield -wide,tall,clear,vent,Chrome Spyder grill.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

ISCI makes them, but NOT for the RT yet
    them and Big Bike are doing a design for arm rests that swing up not out.

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    does anybody make arm rests that are adjustable for height?

Spyder Garage

The Showcrome Arm Rests are a good product and they do not mount to plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikerbiker645 View Post
    20170323_093253.jpg20160513_113908.jpgI have the show chrome armrests and after I had my Russel Day Long seat done and had my wife's seat raised about 5 inchs so she could see over me I had to do something to raise the armrests. If your handy: I just made a simple framework out of u channel and square channel and painted them and attached to the show chrome mounts. Got new stainless bolts for length needed to attach them and was good to go. As any of these armrest's they are not meant to be used with your bodyweight to get on and off the bike. They are designed to hold the weight of your arms only otherwise you will be breaking plastic. Unfortunately passengers do forget that even after you tell them. NOW, I also do not like the flimsy mounts of these and at some point I'm going to try to find a way to strengthen them up before some panels get broke, but with only plastic panels in that area its definately a head scratcher on how to make a stronger mounting bracket. A future project. safe riding! Sorry none of my pictures will now post in the upright postion and I've tried everything suggested on this sight.
    interesting that you had them raise the rear seat, does she feel like she is always in the jet stream with the added height? Just curious.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

I have some corbin passenger armrests available. Like new condition. New $350. Sell for $220 shipped.

Spyder Garage

We had the Rivco on our 2010 and they were ok. Looked good, but as mentioned, not real strong due to them mounting to plastic. They served the purpose but my wife had to be careful not to put much weight on them. We're also looking at a different option for the 2016. Leaning toward Show Chrome
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    ISCI makes them, but NOT for the RT yet
    them and Big Bike are doing a design for arm rests that swing up not out.
    Yes ISCI makes them for the RS and the ST. I just put them on my ST and they are great! Very well made they will probably last longer than the Spyder! They flip up for entry. I like that better than the ones that flip to the side.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Evgarriga. View Post
    Yes ISCI makes them for the RS and the ST. I just put them on my ST and they are great! Very well made they will probably last longer than the Spyder! They flip up for entry. I like that better than the ones that flip to the side.

Those do look good i wonder how well they fit with the smooth spyder backrest? Looks like the use same bolt locations.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Those do look good i wonder how well they fit with the smooth spyder backrest? Looks like the use same bolt locations.
    The armrests are adjustable for height. They bolt on under the seat already using existing bolts. Very well designed armrests. Their website is ISCIride.com.

Spyder Garage

Will these work on an ST limited 2014 model? If so where can I find them?
    Dwayne

Spyder Garage

Seeing's the OP was 2017 I would not know!!! But if you look at motorcycle Daves post on arm rest you may be pleased!!! Good day
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Visited the ISCI site, almost nothing there for the RT, must be the virus. I have the BRP rests on my 20 RTL, those things are OK if the passenger can squeeze by to mount the pillion. I sometimes wonder what these m/c engineers do for a living.

Spyder Garage

I checked out motorcycle Daves post, "I like What I See"