Spyder Garage

Default First service on 2020 rt limited

I have done alot of the service on my 2012, I traded it in on a 2020, does any know if it is worth having the dealer do the first service, not sure if it has to be done by them as far as the warranty goes.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Warranty ???

Quote Originally Posted by Farmherb View Post
    I have done alot of the service on my 2012, I traded it in on a 2020, does any know if it is worth having the dealer do the first service, not sure if it has to be done by them as far as the warranty goes.
    The Moss-Magnusson Act ( ie law ) protects the consumer from MANDATORY maintenance MUST be done by a Dealer .... I bought a 14 RT and Never went to a dealer for ANY service / maintenance work.... I did have some Warranty issues that a couple of different dealers did, and never had an issue because I did all my own service work .... You will need to keep accurate and complete records for documentation of what & when it was done ...... I have saved a few thousand because of this ..... good luck .... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-23-2020 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Spyder Garage

My take on that first service. Let the dealer do it, for sure if you need to get any bugs worked out. It should be covered under warranty. Most cost about $350 for that part of the service.

After that...more good advice above.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default 1st service

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    My take on that first service. Let the dealer do it, for sure if you need to get any bugs worked out. It should be covered under warranty. Most cost about $350 for that part of the service.

After that...more good advice above.

Not sure when to do it dealer said 1000, book says 3000??? HELP

Spyder Garage

This has been hashed over a lot, some will say do what the book say\, it's a waste!!! I say it's cheap insurance!!!! It's a little oil and a filters, it will get all of the loose metal that you will get from the machining of making the motor and assembly process out of there and there will be some in there! I feel it's cheap insurance to do this first one early, then after that go by the book!! Good Luck, have fun!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pdidhe View Post
    Not sure when to do it dealer said 1000, book says 3000??? HELP
    For what it's worth, many dealers are very good at giving incorrect information about that first service.

Pre-1330, it was six hundred miles. The 1330 manuals say 3,000 miles. I would go with what the manual says. Earlier, is okay, but waiting until the manual recommendation, you have a few more miles to catch any glitches that may develop along the way. Early service will NOT void the warranty.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-12-2020 at 03:24 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Your operator's guide, pg 110, says 5,000 km (3,000 mi). Ask your dealership why they want to do it at 1,000 mi, other than to lighten your wallet unnecessarily.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S