Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Long time ago member question

Hi everyone,
    I hope you are all loving your Spyders. I am an ex Spyder owner. I sold my Premier Edition #2518. I am curious if anyone knows where she is now days and how she is doing? I think it is safe to assume she has a new paint job. I was looking at photos and realized I really miss riding my Spyder. 2 years ago I bought 2 wheels and had a little Honda 450 for a while. I was in ICU after an accident on that bike 5 miles after I bought it. God kept me here and I was able to enjoy the ride for a season. I sold that at the end of the season to raise money for a mission trip. I have been without 2 wheels or three since that time. As the weather warms up again, I am getting the fever. I don't know yet if it will happen this season. But I plan on keeping my eyes open for another Spyder within my price range. Please don't ask because I don't even know what that price range is yet. This is going to take some prayer and planning but maybe before the summer is out, I will have a new ride. Wanted to say hello to all you Spyder riders, old and new.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Deb, it will be awesome to have you back in the Spyder world. I hope you find a great deal on one.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I am keeping my eyes open and it may not be this season but my goal is at least by this time next year. We will see what is in store. So great to see you are still riding.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Deb, it will be awesome to have you back in the Spyder world. I hope you find a great deal on one.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Deb, great hearing that you may be back on a Spyder! I missed you guys and the fun we had. Sorry to hear of your accident but glad you are fine keep posting and good luck in finding your new ride. Prayers!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome BACK!!
    I'm sorry to hear of your "Trouble on Two", but glad to hear that you've recuperated!
    Come around more often: it's always good to hear from you!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Hey Deb... I was just thinking about you guys the other day. How's Brian? Where you guys living these days?
    The new models are pretty amazing.... the new triple engine is great. I went to a 2012 RT after crashing my 2008 GS. Didn't really like the RT that much. Just got into a 2015 F3 and LOVE it!
    You guys should come to SpyderFest... no need to have a Spyder to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on BOTH points:
    The triple is amazing...
    and
    You've GOT to come to Springfield!

One small point:

You're not a "long time ago member"...
    You are family!

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome. ..

welcome back to the site and we have our fingers crossed that this will come to be this summer... see you on the road...Who has his spyder...??? give it back...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I hope you are all loving your Spyders. I am an ex Spyder owner. I sold my Premier Edition #2518. I am curious if anyone knows where she is now days and how she is doing? I think it is safe to assume she has a new paint job. I was looking at photos and realized I really miss riding my Spyder. 2 years ago I bought 2 wheels and had a little Honda 450 for a while. I was in ICU after an accident on that bike 5 miles after I bought it. God kept me here and I was able to enjoy the ride for a season. I sold that at the end of the season to raise money for a mission trip. I have been without 2 wheels or three since that time. As the weather warms up again, I am getting the fever. I don't know yet if it will happen this season. But I plan on keeping my eyes open for another Spyder within my price range. Please don't ask because I don't even know what that price range is yet. This is going to take some prayer and planning but maybe before the summer is out, I will have a new ride. Wanted to say hello to all you Spyder riders, old and new.
    We never met. I am new to Spyders since 2014. I purchased an RT as I had to get off two wheels. God led me that way before I hurt myself or my wife in my stubbornness. I spent last year not riding at all because of a physical ailment and am hoping I can continue this year. I missed it very much.

The Lord will lead you in the direction he wishes you to go. I will add you to my prayers that his intention and yours are the same and to keep you safe. God Bless.
    2014 RT Limited Black Currant, BaJaRon Anti-Sway Bar and Links, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder. More to Come.
    08 Honda Aero - wife's
    14 Kymco - wife's (Hmmmmm...i'm losing bikes)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Hey Deb... I was just thinking about you guys the other day. How's Brian? Where you guys living these days?
    The new models are pretty amazing.... the new triple engine is great. I went to a 2012 RT after crashing my 2008 GS. Didn't really like the RT that much. Just got into a 2015 F3 and LOVE it!
    You guys should come to SpyderFest... no need to have a Spyder to come.

Hey Dan,
    We are still in the same house in Grand Blanc. Brian is doing great. Sorry to hear about your crash of your GS but so glad to hear you are loving your new Spyder. I am looking at all of my options, cash being the number one hinderance. I am keeping my eyes open for an amazing deal and I know that God will let me know when it is the right time. If I am not mistaken, it looks like you have moved, is that correct? Looks like you are doing well and it would be great to see you again.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Hey Ann, are still all the way out in Las Vegas or is my memory going? LOL. It seems like you were here in Michigan for a few rides. I sure hope we get a chance to ride together again.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Vidman View Post
    We never met. I am new to Spyders since 2014. I purchased an RT as I had to get off two wheels. God led me that way before I hurt myself or my wife in my stubbornness. I spent last year not riding at all because of a physical ailment and am hoping I can continue this year. I missed it very much.

The Lord will lead you in the direction he wishes you to go. I will add you to my prayers that his intention and yours are the same and to keep you safe. God Bless.
    Thanks Vidman, I truly appreciate the prayers and I believe in the power of prayer and following the path that God puts before me. That is the reason I sold my motorcycle. I went through the accident, through the ruptured spleen, time in ICU and still was allowed to ride my "bike" all summer and really enjoyed it. It was as winter set in that I was given the word to sell the bike to go on a mission trip to Honduras. So I did and the trip was amazing. I am not waiting to see if a new door as opened for me to come back to the Spyder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    welcome back to the site and we have our fingers crossed that this will come to be this summer... see you on the road...Who has his spyder...??? give it back...
    I would love to find out the fate of Premeir Edition #2518 and see if she is maybe for sale again. Anyone out there have any ideas?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    on BOTH points:
    The triple is amazing...
    and
    You've GOT to come to Springfield!

One small point:

You're not a "long time ago member"...
    You are family!
    Thanks so much for the warm welcome back Bob.

Spyder Garage

Hey Dan,
    We are still in the same house in Grand Blanc. Brian is doing great. Sorry to hear about your crash of your GS but so glad to hear you are loving your new Spyder. I am looking at all of my options, cash being the number one hinderance. I am keeping my eyes open for an amazing deal and I know that God will let me know when it is the right time. If I am not mistaken, it looks like you have moved, is that correct? Looks like you are doing well and it would be great to see you again.
    No.. didn't move.. probably just changed my city on here. Still in the Battle Creek/Marshall/Kalamazoo area... depends which night of the week...

You can still find new 2015 models out there, but you can also get good deals on used ones from 2008-11. I've seen 2008 GS's go for under $8,000. Not sure how you'd go about tracking down your old one. I wanted to buy mine back from the insurance company, but they wanted too much... so I stripped off all the parts I could before they took it away.
    If you haven't ridden an F3 yet... you really need to......
    Gotta go work on mine now... getting it ready for SpyderFest....

Spyder Garage

It's good to see members from the past come back. As you can see, a lot has changed with since you went away.

Let us know when you are back on three. Good luck on your hunt for the special one that fits you.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 04-03-2017 at 02:09 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome back, Spyderlover!

I hope you find out what happened to your old Spyder. It would be nice to learn about the lives of the machines we used to know.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's nice to know that they're still being ridden... and loved!

Anita & Fawkes.jpg

Spyder Garage

Hi Deb! Glad to hear you're getting back in the wind. Hope you find your Spyder soon...

Want to echo what others have said about you and Brian going to Spyderfest. The best thing about Spyderfest is the people. It doesn't matter how you get there, as long as you're there. Who knows? Maybe you'll find the Spyder you're looking for there.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    It's nice to know that they're still being ridden... and loved!

Anita & Fawkes.jpg
    How much did you have to pay her to take that fugly thing off your hands Bob?
    ;-)
    BING!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yazz View Post
    Hi Deb! Glad to hear you're getting back in the wind. Hope you find your Spyder soon...

Want to echo what others have said about you and Brian going to Spyderfest. The best thing about Spyderfest is the people. It doesn't matter how you get there, as long as you're there. Who knows? Maybe you'll find the Spyder you're looking for there.
    Hey Yazz, good to see you are still part of the Spyder family. I know we would love to see some people but our biggest problem now is that it seems that most of our vacation time get used up on mission trips. That isn't really a problem as we love the kids in Guatemala and the work we do. We have been pretty involved and I have since become the missions pastor/director for out church. So in addition to our personal mission trip, I take a group from church somewhere as well. Also, lots of local mission work to be done.

As for Spyderfest, I would love to check it out again. I did sent Len at Pitbull an email to keep a lookout for me for my dream machine. Who knows, could be a Spyderfest pick up?

Spyder Garage

Hi everyone,
    I hope you are all loving your Spyders. I am an ex Spyder owner. I sold my Premier Edition #2518...
    Hey, now... who are you calling old?

As I was performing my periodic cruise through this site, what do I spy but your post! Good to hear from you but sorry to hear about your accident. Boy, do I know that feeling from two wheels.

Tell Brian I said "Howdy"!
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ataDude View Post
    Hey, now... who are you calling old?

As I was performing my periodic cruise through this site, what do I spy but your post! Good to hear from you but sorry to hear about your accident. Boy, do I know that feeling from two wheels.

Tell Brian I said "Howdy"!
    Dude!!!! Howdy back at ya. Not calling anyone else old. LOL I like to think of it as getting wiser. I will keep everyone updated as my search progresses.

Spyder Garage

Default Wow Long time no see....

Hi Deb, I logged into Spyderlovers today for the first time in several years. Carol and I have been out of the Spyder world for a while too. After a couple Goldwings , I contracted Lyme disease that went undiagnosed (incorrectly diagnosed) for over a year and it did a number on me and it took me out of the motorcycle world for the last 3 years. I'm now contemplating a Spyder again also. Glad to hear you are well. As a side note , Carol and I now reside in Kalamazoo so if you do get back in the saddle we will be close enough to ride together! Hope you get your wish!

Brad
    Back amongst the living May 2021
    2022 RT Limited Hyper Silver

Out to Pasture:
    2013 ST Limited , Black Currant
    2022 F3L , Dark Edition
    2021 RTL , Chalk Chrome
    2013 RT Limited , Circuit Yellow Metallic
    2008 GS SM5 , Millenium Yellow
    2020 RT Limited Petrol Dark
    2014 RT Limited Champagne Black
    2012 RT Limited White
    2010 Timeless Black RTS SM5
    2010 Orbital Blue RTS SM5
    2008 GS SM5 PE 1941
    2008 GS SM5 PE2011

Spyder Garage

Hi everyone,
    Good to hear from you.Great to see some of the original forum members back on here. We met at one of the original Spyderfests in Cuba. Been wondering what happened to you.