Thread: FOBO Question

Spyder Garage

Default FOBO Question

I've got a 2013 RTS and am planning on adding the FOBO TPMS. Is there enough clearance to mount the sensors on standard straight valve stems or do I need to go to 90 degree? This system doesn't mandate metal stems; I would prefer metal but would like to hold off until new tire time. Comments?
    Old Crow

1960 Vespa 150
    1965 Bridgestone 175
    2003 Kawasaki 1600 Classic
    2010 Kawasaki 1700 Nomad
    2013 Spyder RT-S (Current ride)

Spyder Garage

yes
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Yes. I have had for a year without any problems

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
    14 RT-S , Stock Large brake pedal White Pearl

Spyder Garage

Yes they will fit just fine. When it is time to fit new stems go to the tee style.Tee valve stems.jpg

you can find them here.http://cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/chro...ms/4102/261164

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Yes they will fit just fine. When it is time to fit new stems go to the tee style.Tee valve stems.jpg
    What's the advantage of the T style, Pegasus?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    What's the advantage of the T style, Pegasus?

Pete
    In order to air up your tire without the Tee type you have to remove the FOBO. They don't always like that and may have to be reset. Not a big deal but if you are replaceing your valve stems anyway might as well make it more convenient right?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

Spyder Garage

and those T stems fit the rear tire with the FOBO?
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    In order to air up your tire without the Tee type you have to remove the FOBO. They don't always like that and may have to be reset. Not a big deal but if you are replaceing your valve stems anyway might as well make it more convenient right?
    Ahhhhhh. I have never experienced an issue with having to reset them when I take them off, which is why I was wondering why you would need the T valve. Thanks Pegasus.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I have FOBO on standard stems. Cant use it though, because I don't know where Dad had the app loaded, so I can release them.

Spyder Garage

Default GREAT Point - when changing phones or changing users - RELEASE THEM FIRST

Quote Originally Posted by austin160 View Post
    I have FOBO on standard stems. Cant use it though, because I don't know where Dad had the app loaded, so I can release them.
    When you get ready to upgrade your phone for whatever reason, remember to GO TO THE FOBO APP and HIT THE RELEASE CHOICE before you move on. The FOBO's can not be used or INITIALIZED on a Different Phone until the ORIGINAL PAIRED PHONE does the RELEASE STEP.

Save yourself a day or so of frustration and maybe load your FOBO's to one phone's APP, and then another phone can SHARE to see the pressures, but the ORIGINAL phone still owns the FOBOs.
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AeroPilot View Post
    When you get ready to upgrade your phone for whatever reason, remember to GO TO THE FOBO APP and HIT THE RELEASE CHOICE before you move on. The FOBO's can not be used or INITIALIZED on a Different Phone until the ORIGINAL PAIRED PHONE does the RELEASE STEP.

Save yourself a day or so of frustration and maybe load your FOBO's to one phone's APP, and then another phone can SHARE to see the pressures, but the ORIGINAL phone still owns the FOBOs.
    I inherited Ursamajor's Spyder after he passed. The problem is we can't find the app on his phone to release them. So I check them manually. No big deal, I've worked on helicopters long enough its relaxing to sit in the garage and toy with the Spyder or my Jeep on the weekends with a cold brew.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DJFaninTN View Post
    and those T stems fit the rear tire with the FOBO?
    They did on mine.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I inherited Ursamajor's Spyder after he passed. The problem is we can't find the app on his phone to release them. So I check them manually. No big deal, I've worked on helicopters long enough its relaxing to sit in the garage and toy with the Spyder or my Jeep on the weekends with a cold brew.
    What kind of phone. If its android
    1 look in settings then applications
    Then under hidden see if the app is there
    If so unhide it and youll be good

Hope this helps

CapeSpyder
    Sent From my Note 5

Spyder Garage

Default Note to Self

I was just about to by the Fobo system but now It is looking like I will not!
    Reason: After reading this there is a Very LARGE Flag about only being able to control them (Release) from the same smart phone that sat them up with.
    Yesterday I spent the full day setting up my New Galaxy S7 because My old phone died.
    So it looks to me if I would have went with them say last week and the smartphone then died I would have been out not only the cost of the phone itself but also a set of Fobo's That would total upwords of $1000.
    Think its time to look else where for a system
    Last edited by Large1; 03-31-2017 at 09:33 AM.
    Dick Harding
    Boise,ID
    2011 Spyder RT SE5 Limited

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!

Large1 is online now Report Post

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Large1 View Post
    I was just about to by the Fobo system but now It is looking like I will not!
    Reason: After reading this there is a Very LARGE Flag about only being able to control them (Release) from the same smart phone that sat them up with.
    Yesterday I spent the full day setting up My New because My old phone died.
    So it looks to me if I would have went with them say last week and the smartphone then died I would have been out not only the cost of the phone itself but also a set of Fobo's That would total upwords of $1000.
    Think its time to look else where for a system

They
    are actually tied to the google account and fobo account the phone is linked to. I have upgraded phones several times and never needed to release the sensors.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Ahhhhhh. I have never experienced an issue with having to reset them when I take them off, which is why I was wondering why you would need the T valve. Thanks Pegasus.

Pete
    Hey Pete, on Lamonsters site he says these will not work on the F3L because of those darned Shamrock wheels. How did you get them to fit?????

Thanks,
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    They
    are actually tied to the google account and fobo account the phone is linked to. I have upgraded phones several times and never needed to release the sensors.
    That make more sense to me looks like Fobo is back on the list. From what I was reading here it was the Phone itself
    Dick Harding
    Boise,ID
    2011 Spyder RT SE5 Limited

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!

Large1 is online now Report Post

Spyder Garage

Default THanks for the correction JC on the FOBO user acount

Thanks JC for the clarification that is is only when changing users to a new Google and FOBO account that the FOBO s need to be "released" by the old account/user. When my wife got a new phone and I tried to use them I was mistaken that they had to be released by the same phone... appears that she could have used the the FOBO App on her new phone to release them so I could then install them with my phone App and Google account. THNX
    Last edited by AeroPilot; 03-31-2017 at 10:35 AM. Reason: repl. account with phone
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AeroPilot View Post
    Thanks JC for the clarification that is is only when changing users to a new Google and FOBO account that the FOBO s need to be "released" by the old account/user. When my wife got a new phone and I tried to use them I was mistaken that they had to be released by the same phone... appears that she could have used the the FOBO App on her new phone to release them so I could then install them with my phone App and Google account. THNX
    So if we can get into his google account can they be released through there? Or does it have to be from his last phone?

Spyder Garage

So if we can get into his google account can they be released through there? Or does it have to be from his last phone?
    The
    previous owner is going to have to do it on his phone while logged in to its associated account. If its a different phone, the fobo app will have to be installed and the sensors released from it. I think you may be running out of options.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame