Spyder Garage

Default have to order a new tire

I have a little over 2100 miles on my spyder and the rear tire is wore down and I am looking to pick up another tire that is a little more on the soft side, can't understand why this one went to **** so fast but I have been riding it pretty hard, will put some picks up when i get a chance. Was going to go with this one:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....e1=yes&place=2

Has anyone tried this tire or what would people say was a good tire? something for agressive cornering and for as fast as this thing will go. 127 is as much as I have go mine up to so yeah.
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Wow 2100 miles and a new tire is needed????? You must be smoking that tire a lot LOL. I think that is the earliest i have heard of anyone needing a new tire. i'm at 7000 miles and still have half my rear tire left.
    Happy SE5 Owner!!!

Silver/Black SE5 - Trunk Liner, 1" riser, 12v, Kuryakyn ISO Grips, 5" Kewlmetal Pullback Bars, Kewlmetal Console, Zumo 450, Ipod, Kewlmetal Highway brackets with Wing pegs, Triple Play, Wizard Light LED's, Corbin front/rear saddle with Backrest, Nelson Rigg CL950 Saddlebags with CL800 Tote Bag, CalSci Medium Windshield.

Spyder Garage

You win! My earliest replacement was at 4,600 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by SethO View Post
    I have a little over 2100 miles on my spyder and the rear tire is wore down and I am looking to pick up another tire that is a little more on the soft side, can't understand why this one went to **** so fast but I have been riding it pretty hard, will put some picks up when i get a chance. Was going to go with this one:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....e1=yes&place=2

Has anyone tried this tire or what would people say was a good tire? something for agressive cornering and for as fast as this thing will go. 127 is as much as I have go mine up to so yeah.
    Last edited by ataDude; 04-18-2009 at 08:48 PM.
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Looks like a good tire but maybe what you need is a solid rubber forklift tire.

Spyder Garage

Exclamation PERFECT TIRE

I think he needs the one from the Flintstone's

The ROCK tire

HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYY WILMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HM1 Nathaniel V. Mitchell, USN, CC-NREMT-P

Spyder Garage

i was pushing the bike but it I didn't think I would eat it that fast, I should check the tire psi, it was off the rim when I powder coated them at 600 miles but the motorcylce shop that put it on is legit so I am sure they put th right amount in it.
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Spyder Garage

here are some pics of my tire, my new tire should be here tommorrow, the psi was at 28 after riding so It wasen't low so...

Rode today, went from windy, to raining, to sleet to cold.

working in shorts because sitting on a foam pad in my wheelchair in pants get ya skin breakdown so I was riding in shorts.

only put on 45 miles before work but yeah it still sucks. First time in rain, the sypder did better than I thought.

crash tester for:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SethO View Post
    working in shorts because sitting on a foam pad in my wheelchair in pants get ya skin breakdown so I was riding in shorts.
    I don't know if you could manage them with your situation, but you might consider motorcycle overpants. The textile riding pants zip up nearly the entire leg, to go on readily over your pants, shorts, etc. There are even lined varieties and mesh for the summer. The solid ones are waterproof for the rain, although nothing is perfect. Just a thought.
    -Scotty

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Talking

Pushing it and doing Monster burnouts 2 different things

Spyder Garage

haven't seen any black marks were I took off fast so don't know what to tell ya, other than it needs more top end, another gear and another 40 hp, its boring to ride 126 in a straight line, corners ok

crash tester for:

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Without knowing the "special" characteristics of the motorcycle specific tire BRP had made for the Spyder it's hard to suggest a comparable car tire BUT, my experience with the BFG G-Force is that it's a very good tire with a softer than normal sidewall for a low aspect tire so it should work well under such a light load. Not to mention it looks good too

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 2100 miles

yeah, 2100 miles for a rear tire is really excessive.
    I got 2900 miles out of mine

UWE