Very Active Member Spyderjockey's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Who is going to Homecoming from Central NY

We are leaving on the 1st of June for the Valcourt Homecoming 2017 from Homer, NY and wondered who else from Central NY are going to the Homecoming. Don Corey (Spyderman1330) will be riding with us and a brand new Spyderlover, Sheldon Clark and his wife, from Cortland area are excited to be going. They just bought a used 2013 RTS with only 600+ miles on it.

Can't wait for some good weather around here again. We were able to get our Spyder out in February with some 70 deg. beautiful sunny weather. Since then of course winter came back with at least a couple of feet of snow in a 2 day period. We still have a fair amount of snow, but it is gradually disappearing.

Looking forward to our 2nd Homecoming in Valcourt. The first one was absolutely a really great time.
    Corbin Bags and Corbin trailer hitch
    Shark 250 Watt Sound System with 2 speakers in front 1 in back
    Kurakyn Highway Foot Pegs
    Garmin nuvi 1450 LMT with Ram Mount
    F1 Queen Slider Windshield
    Power Outlet
    Shark communtication system
    SDC L.E.D. 6" Tail/Brake Light
    Gremlin Bell from Tail of the Dragon ride
    Cortech tank bag
    Kewlmetal adjustable handlebars
    Elkas Shocks all the way around
    Utopia Backrest

Love my Spyder!!!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default HOME COMING

...... Glad to hear you folks are going to make this event ..... I haven't seen you in a few years and will be happy to reconnect ......... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 03-26-2017 at 11:25 AM.

Spyder Garage

Ha Jim, haven't seen you in awhile also. I will be going up on the first as well and taking the toy hauler. My wife had planed on going with me, but because of a spinal fusion in January and still out of work (going back 4/3) this leaves her with no vacation time. So I will be going up solo and may change my stays around after the Home coming, but I will still end up at Americade. I may skip going to Mt. Washington. Not sure of my routing yet, cause of the change, I think going up the northway now, might be the quickest, but I hate going through Montreal without a navigator. Be good seeing you , Nancy, and Don again. I gather you still have your 2008 GS.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Spyder Garage

Leaving from the Albany area on the 1st also with a few other Riders. Looking forward to that weekend. The riding season is a long time coming this year cold and damp.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rnet View Post
    Ha Jim, haven't seen you in awhile also. I will be going up on the first as well and taking the toy hauler. My wife had planed on going with me, but because of a spinal fusion in January and still out of work (going back 4/3) this leaves her with no vacation time. So I will be going up solo and may change my stays around after the Home coming, but I will still end up at Americade. I may skip going to Mt. Washington. Not sure of my routing yet, cause of the change, I think going up the northway now, might be the quickest, but I hate going through Montreal without a navigator. Be good seeing you , Nancy, and Don again. I gather you still have your 2008 GS.

Ron,

There is a new road (HWY 30) that swings to the south of Montreal that they built as a bypass. It is a toll road, but the toll is only $2 and it saves a lot of hassles with Montreal traffic. This is the way Deb and I are taking to the Homecoming.

Brian

Spyder Garage

Ingles Performance in Phoenix,NY is organizing a group ride. Here is the link: http://inglesperformance.com/Customer-Corner/Events

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ...... Glad to hear you folks are going to make this event ..... I haven't seen you in a few years and will be happy to reconnect ......... Mike
    Ya, it will be good seeing you and Deanna again. I think the last time we saw you guys was out in Missouri about 3 years ago. Looking forward to the Homecoming. Say hi to Deanna for us.
    Last edited by Spyderjockey; 03-26-2017 at 11:55 AM.
    Power Outlet
    Cortech tank bag
    Utopia Backrest

Love my Spyder!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rnet View Post
    Hi Ron, it is good to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your wife's problems. Hope the spinal fusion helps her. My daughter had surgery on her spine about 6 months ago to help stop her back pain and numbness in one of her arms....so far she hasn't seen much improvement. The doctors have tried all kinds of shots in her back and many other treatments and used surgery as a last resort. They told her she still might get some relief, but she has her doubts about it.

I still have my 2008 GS and have over 133,000 miles on it. It sure has been an outstanding bike and is now like a part of the family. I'm sure we are going to have to do something about getting another Spyder eventually, but right now we are both satisfied the "old" Spyder. Looking forward to seeing you at Valcourt. Give your wife our best and tell her we will miss seeing her at the Homecoming.
    Power Outlet
    Cortech tank bag