Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Aaa. Yes

Quote Originally Posted by TomG View Post
    I seem to recall that they cover tow up to 200 miles. i can not confirm right now.
    200 mile max. 2 allowed per year. Good Sam has no max miles and take you to Spyder dealer. And no max on how many per year...
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
    True all. Dairyland and AMA limit the miles needed to tow at roughly 35-50 miles. AAA offers up to 200 miles for extra (always extra!). I currently have AAA for my car at 100 miles and had it for more than 20 years without a single use. AAA RV seems VERY attractive because of their policies. BRP "seems" too restrictive at both the miles and the $200 which is VERY cheap as towing gets VERY expensive when your pants are down in zombie country. My thoughts.
    just be glad the zombies dont play Banjo's !!!
    (Deliverance joke)

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

AAA Premier will tow up to 200 miles for one incident and pay for car rental fee for one day. It will
    tow up to 100 miles after 1st incident. With this kind of coverage I can almost pick a reputable dealer to have the repair done......, leave the trike and drive home. But I have a GS and have never needed to use AAA

Spyder Garage

Another good 'insurance policy' to have is posting out here on Spyderlovers or looking on the 'Spyders to the rescue' link on the home page of this site. There are hundreds of us across the nation that will come help. I can personally attest to this as a few years back while on a trip one of my HD buds had a problem. I posted out here and a member out here loaded up his tools, jacks, etc and met up with us and went to work on the problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just off the phone with AAA. I cut the chase after speaking with the girl (lady) and purchased AAA Premiere RV costing me $170.00 a year. This covers both my car + bike. This is what I get (that matters).....4 roadside service calls in one year with up to 100 miles of FREE towing of which one can be up to 200 miles. After the 100 or 200 miles are exceeded I get a discounted rate for the rest of that tow. I have had AAA for more than 20 years without use and they are literally everywhere so it was a no-brainer to continue with them.

What I still get that does not matter are discounts, discounts and more discounts, free hugs and blah blah blah travel interrupt insurance. Never used any of that but its nice to know I get those things should my pants get pulled down in Zombie country.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Another good 'insurance policy' to have is posting out here on Spyderlovers or looking on the 'Spyders to the rescue' link on the home page of this site. There are hundreds of us across the nation that will come help. I can personally attest to this as a few years back while on a trip one of my HD buds had a problem. I posted out here and a member out here loaded up his tools, jacks, etc and met up with us and went to work on the problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From my experience when a bike either goes down or becomes mechanically diabled people swarm like locust to help out.
    Its just nice to know I can now call someone positioned to help with the necessary equipment.

Spyder Garage

Default Double check. and Triple check

Quote Originally Posted by WilderThomas View Post
    I see where the Good Sam Club has a new membership deal for $79 per year, and they do cover motorcycles. And will tow an unlimited number of miles. GS was initially created for RV owners, but has expanded to motorcycles. The $79 offer, expires in something like 8 hours plus. But I think I'll be joining this next payday.
    That $79 will not get your Spyder covered. Ask ?'s...actually as I recall that is for the Good Sam membership (which you do NOT need) only...then the Roadside is on top of that and like AAA you have to specifically ask for the RV/motorcycle coverage. I buy only the roadside...for me the $79 extra has no benefits I want.

Once when I had AAA I got a dead battery on Spyder in middle of Toad Suck Daze Arkansas...thought heck call AAA...did found out the coverage I was paying for did not cover motorcycles....(WalMart was a block away...purchased jumper cables...). At that point had the AAA rep add motorcycle (I think it was like an extra $5)...
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Default Good Sam Club

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    That $79 will not get your Spyder covered. Ask ?'s...actually as I recall that is for the Good Sam membership (which you do NOT need) only...then the Roadside is on top of that and like AAA you have to specifically ask for the RV/motorcycle coverage. I buy only the roadside...for me the $79 extra has no benefits I want.

Once when I had AAA I got a dead battery on Spyder in middle of Toad Suck Daze Arkansas...thought heck call AAA...did found out the coverage I was paying for did not cover motorcycles....(WalMart was a block away...purchased jumper cables...). At that point had the AAA rep add motorcycle (I think it was like an extra $5)...
    I saw two categories in what I thought were membership packages. One was solely for automobiles, and the next pricier one at $117 per year, included motorcycles. I did send GS an email, asking for more information.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up good sam

That 79$ Covers my 4 cars,spyder,toy hauler and boat trailer. Up to seven years,if Paid upfront.Used it three times already!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Everything comes down to price, miles towed and reliability of insurer.

Geico wants just $7.00 a YEAR but only tows 35 free miles and has no network and simply bids out to an available company.

Can Am gave me FREE two years of roadside but only reimburses up to $200.00 per tow leaving a possible HUGE bill on my lap and has in their brochure...... DEAD areas.

AAA has a NETWORK of qualified tow operators across the country and will tow from 100-200 miles 4x a year (only one 200 mile tow yearly). Extra miles are also AAA discounted and if left stranded they offer lodging-rentals etc. $170.00 yearly covers my car and Spyder and other toys if I had them. The AAA tow operators have a vested interest in doing good work because of customer feedback. They have office locations everywhere and a reputation to maintain. I'm sure those other companies are good but I've been AAA for many years so it was a no brainer in continuing. If I want to save 1/2 the cost of the AAA Premier RV I could have just paid $35.00 extra for the AAA Plus RV. For $35.00 extra they give me hugs and such plus an extra 100 miles.

Spyder Garage

Everything comes down to price, miles towed and reliability of insurer.

Geico wants just $7.00 a YEAR but only tows 35 free miles and has no network and simply bids out to an available company.

Can Am gave me FREE two years of roadside but only reimburses up to $200.00 per tow leaving a possible HUGE bill on my lap and has in their brochure...... DEAD areas.

AAA has a NETWORK of qualified tow operators across the country and will tow from 100-200 miles 4x a year (only one 200 mile tow yearly). Extra miles are also AAA discounted and if left stranded they offer lodging-rentals etc. $170.00 yearly covers my car and Spyder and other toys if I had them. The AAA tow operators have a vested interest in doing good work because of customer feedback. They have office locations everywhere and a reputation to maintain. I'm sure those other companies are good but I've been AAA for many years so it was a no brainer in continuing. If I want to save 1/2 the cost of the AAA Premier RV I could have just paid $35.00 extra for the AAA Plus RV. For $35.00 extra they give me hugs and such plus an extra 100 miles.
    Just to be clear, the one time 200 mile tow only applies to cars, not to the spyder or the RV, still is good with the 100 miles, but I too thought the premier card carried with AAA included my spyder, but only up to 100 miles. I have since down graded to the plus RV

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    Just to be clear, the one time 200 mile tow only applies to cars, not to the spyder or the RV, still is good with the 100 miles, but I too thought the premier card carried with AAA included my spyder, but only up to 100 miles. I have since down graded to the plus RV
    The one 200 mile tow per year INCLUDES motorcycles. That's how it was explained to me and how their AAA website describes it. For $35.00 extra I went from Plus to Premiere which means nothing more then 100 extra in that one tow.

Spyder Garage

Smile good sam

All I'm saying is look at good sam!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sandman53 View Post
    All I'm saying is look at good sam!
    I did but I'm sticking with AAA for now. Thanks

Spyder Garage

The one 200 mile tow per year INCLUDES motorcycles. That's how it was explained to me and how their AAA website describes it. For $35.00 extra I went from Plus to Premiere which means nothing more then 100 extra in that one tow.

Ok, I got the rest of the story...... I called AAA in Pennsylvania, which was southern Pennsylvania and the operator said there are approximately 10 different AAA Clubs in the state, each offering different coverages for different premiums. The one I called she said that her AAA club does not even offer tow for motorcycles or RV's just cars and trucks. She wanted to know which county you were in and I said only knew which part, North East, and she said York?, and I said I have no idea. This is now making more sense to me. So please be careful when you say "AAA" offers this or that. For you it is, but not for me. Very troubling that they can do this. But it all boils down to dollars and cents insurance and most likely not profitable for certain regions.

You are lucky to have that coverage and hope you never have to use it!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    Ok, I got the rest of the story...... I called AAA in Pennsylvania, which was southern Pennsylvania and the operator said there are approximately 10 different AAA Clubs in the state, each offering different coverages for different premiums. The one I called she said that her AAA club does not even offer tow for motorcycles or RV's just cars and trucks. She wanted to know which county you were in and I said only knew which part, North East, and she said York?, and I said I have no idea. This is now making more sense to me. So please be careful when you say "AAA" offers this or that. For you it is, but not for me. Very troubling that they can do this. But it all boils down to dollars and cents insurance and most likely not profitable for certain regions.

You are lucky to have that coverage and hope you never have to use it!
    You make an excellent point. I never knew AAA varied its product offerings from area to area. My area allows me coverage in areas they refuse to sell certain insurance in. I'm covered all over the U.S. yet those areas have limited AAA offerings. Yes I am lucky. I never understood why they (AAA) asks your zipcode before showing offerings. Thank you for the info.

http://ww2.aaa.com/services/cms/temp...oinRenewalHome