Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    I'm still practicing backing up. I think Ann gave up on teaching me, but I keep practicing and I'm getting better.
    Last summer I pulled the spyder & trailer nose first into a parking spot with a fence in front of me . My brother was with me on my Honda Aero. When it came time to back it out I would jack-knife all the time. In the end we kept lifting the trailer to line it up properly, back out a bit more etc. There was quite an audience & cheers when I finally rode away.

I guess I need more practice as well.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default You got this Ms Patti...

Hey lady...if I can learn to back my Spyder trailer...so can you. I can get it where I want it (or close enough!!) most times. So I don't get frustrated and then reallllly mess up backing....I always have in back of mind...easy peasy, unhook, place trailer where you want...back to and hook up!!! Pretty sure that is not in Spyderann training course!! But hey you gotta do what you gotta do...
    Anxious to hear your report after talking to your paint/fixer dude..

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    My Bushtec trailer did something I bet no RT622 would even think of trying. . . . a 2-point roll off a curb . . .

I was on my way to the Bayou and stopped at a coffee shop for a break. The parking and driveway situation was confusing, and I must have ended up going out an entrance drive. I made a sharp right into a right-turn lane where I wanted to be. There were some traffic cones marking a stripped area and I suddenly see a traffic cone slide by and then a scraping noise. I thought the trailer must have hit and dragged a cone. I look back to my left and see the bottom of my trailer; it was at an acute angle to the Spyder. Thankfully, a couple guys in a car got out and set it upright for me. The contents were non the worse for the wear. the left side and the top are scraped up pretty bad.

So I went ahead to my planned overnight at Shreveport (awful hotel stay at Red Roof), barely slept thinking about the expense of repainting the trailer and decided to cut the trip short to save some money. So I didn't make it to the rally. I went about 430 miles on 3 hours sleep yesterday. I got home today and called my body shop guy, but he's on vacation until Monday. So I'll see what the damages will be and how big the hit will be in my travels this year. Pics to follow.

Needless to say, no farkles for me this year.
    Oh no, Patti, I'm so sorry this happened. I know you were very excite about this trip. Get that trailer fixed up and you'll be good as gold!