Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default 20 Second headlight shut off delay

I bought the Can Am Spyder shop manual off ebay (cheap easy download) and while working on my high beam issue, I noticed in the manual is says the headlights are designed to go off 20 seconds after engine shut down.
    Mine go out as soon as I shut the bike off. Not sure if it has anything to do with the new HID's I installed, probably not, but any input on this?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blinc View Post
    I bought the Can Am Spyder shop manual off ebay (cheap easy download) and while working on my high beam issue, I noticed in the manual is says the headlights are designed to go off 20 seconds after engine shut down.
    Mine go out as soon as I shut the bike off. Not sure if it has anything to do with the new HID's I installed, probably not, but any input on this?
    Mine also go off as soon as the engine is shut off. Only thing that stays on is the console will stay lit for 20-30 seconds after the ignition is turned off while the computer shuts down.
    Happy SE5 Owner!!!

Silver/Black SE5 - Trunk Liner, 1" riser, 12v, Kuryakyn ISO Grips, 5" Kewlmetal Pullback Bars, Kewlmetal Console, Zumo 450, Ipod, Kewlmetal Highway brackets with Wing pegs, Triple Play, Wizard Light LED's, Corbin front/rear saddle with Backrest, Nelson Rigg CL950 Saddlebags with CL800 Tote Bag, CalSci Medium Windshield.

Spyder Garage

Shut off as soon as key turned to off.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

OK, sounds normal then, wonder why BRP put that in their service manual?
    Personally, I think it would be good if they stayed on an extra few seconds, like our modern day cars do.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blinc View Post
    OK, sounds normal then, wonder why BRP put that in their service manual?
    Personally, I think it would be good if they stayed on an extra few seconds, like our modern day cars do.

would help with getting stuff in and out of the trunk at night too
    Kalavera
    Red 2008 SM5
    6-spoke Mag wheels w/Wheel Trim Rings painted RED
    Spyder Brake Caliper Trim Kit
    Red Mono Seat Cowl
    Red rear Sport Rack
    Fog Lights
    Two Brothers Carbon fiber dual exhaust
    Trunk Liner organizer w/12 volt dc outlet

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kalavera View Post

would help with getting stuff in and out of the trunk at night too
    I just run the key back on and the headlights come back on while I get what I need out of the trunk, works great for me.
    2008 SM5, F1 EvoIII slide, Hindle, Race Air Flow System, O2 Delete, Fuel Pressure Modfier, Powerbus System, BRP 6 Spoke, 12V power supply x2, 1" Handel Bar Riser, CompuStar Alarm System w/pager, Mono Seat Cover, Brake Caliper Trim, Trunk Liner, Outdoor Cover, Carbon Fiber SM5 Handelbar Inserts, Carbon Fiber Tank Knee Pads, TBR Juice Box.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My lights go off soon as I turn the key off also but the dash lights stay on a few seconds.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

on my wife's 09 there is a momentary push button on the right handle to turn on the lights. found this out at a demo ride,

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tweeder View Post
    I just run the key back on and the headlights come back on while I get what I need out of the trunk, works great for me.
    Your headlights come on with just turning the key back on???? Mine don't come back on till i actually start the spyder up....

Quote Originally Posted by sidelmad
    on my wife's 09 there is a momentary push button on the right handle to turn on the lights. found this out at a demo ride,
    Yea they all will do this but its a bit difficult to hold that button in while digging through the trunk in my opinion.
    Happy SE5 Owner!!!

Silver/Black SE5 - Trunk Liner, 1" riser, 12v, Kuryakyn ISO Grips, 5" Kewlmetal Pullback Bars, Kewlmetal Console, Zumo 450, Ipod, Kewlmetal Highway brackets with Wing pegs, Triple Play, Wizard Light LED's, Corbin front/rear saddle with Backrest, Nelson Rigg CL950 Saddlebags with CL800 Tote Bag, CalSci Medium Windshield.