Spyder Garage

Default Wanting to ride the Blue ridge.

I am wanting to ride the blue ridge in the near future and was curious as to when would be a good time to go. I am hoping to go in the next month but didn't know if weather would be cooperating or not. I will probably be tent camping the whole way as well but the cold doesn't bother me as I will be prepared. The only thing I am already not looking forward to is Atlanta traffic. I am from Mobile AL so I don't think ther is really anyway around it. I would probably hit the blue ridge around Maggie valley unless others have a better suggestion. This will be my first big trip on the RT so I am looking forward to it.

Spyder Garage

The Blue Ridge is fantastic. Have ridden on it several times. It may b cold & rainy, chilly & lots of sun. This time of year is a gamble. But as I say beautiful ride.
    You can go under Atlanta. Take more time but i agree. Its a crazy place to drive through. Unless Sun Morn. Not 2 bad

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We will be in the area from 4/25-29. The only concern that you may have is to check to make sure that it is open throughout. Right now parts are shut down near Mt. Mitchell (which is a must see) due to rock slides. Not sure how long it will take to be cleared and made safe, but I would check to see about that first.
    BTW, I say that Mt. Mitchell is a must visit, but I don't think it opens until after May 1. However, you can still go up and see everything except the snack bar and the inside displays.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

My wife and I rode our Spyders on the Southern half of the Blue Ridge last September. We got on at Fancy Gap and the first 30-40 miles, the road was pretty rough with pot holes and dips at every drainage culvert. They were repaving parts of it further down the road but that section was in bad shape. Have a good time and be careful.

H2O

Spyder Garage

I'm going with a group may 4th through 8th starting at Northern entrance at Waynesboro on 4th

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk