Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Hi Lamont!
    The front ones look pretty easy to install.
    If the rear one hides behind the disc; I'm guessing that it's a chore best undertaken during a tire change?
    Unless you have a fairly new tire with issues I would wait till you change the rear tire. Same amount of work other than removing the rotor.

I didn't think this was going to turn into a oil thread but it did. There are a lot smarter guys on this board than me for sure. All I know is I've used the Ride On for years and it does work as a balancer. It will get a violent hop if it's been sitting in the cold and after seeing a good friend with a flat in the parking lot of a hotel in Durango from a small nail and the tire had Ride On in it I quit using it and recommending it. The sealant I use now works as I proved for myself with a drill. The balancer also works as I've experienced from having wheels that shook so bad I thought my fenders were going to break off.

These aren't cheap but they are a one time purchase that can be used over and over no matter how many tires you go through and can be transferred from Spyder to Spyder. Do what works best for you.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i use counteract balancing beads on suv's & light trucks. i know they work on m/c & spyders. i will probable test it
    this spring when i bring bike in for balance. i was told to use 2oz. and they are the solid beads that don't break up
    into dust.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

JME- I used the Counteract Beads and don't work on the Spyder. It made the ride worse.

Hope to install the Centramatic balancers soon.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    JME- I used the Counteract Beads and don't work on the Spyder. It made the ride worse.

Hope to install the Centramatic balancers soon.
    Sorry to hear that, i will still test them out myself, do you know how much they put in?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    Sorry to hear that, i will still test them out myself, do you know how much they put in?
    I put in what was recommended 2 oz each front and 3 oz rear. Pain in ass to get in valve stem too. Good Luck

Hope to get my Centramatics on and tested soon once the weather breaks..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    I put in what was recommended 2 oz each front and 3 oz rear. Pain in ass to get in valve stem too. Good Luck

Hope to get my Centramatics on and tested soon once the weather breaks..
    did you pull the old weights off first?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    did you pull the old weights off first?
    Yep and then wasted more money having the rebalanced

Very Active Member bodymanpainter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Joan and I rode over 400 miles yesterday and the ride was smooth as glass. Remember I went from thinking my fender mounts were going to break to this. I'm very pleased with the results.

We good stock now too if you've been waiting
    Thanks, I just ordered one set for my F3-T.
    Toby
    2020 RTL

Spyder Garage

I put a set of Vee Rubber VTR-350 Arachnid Tires on the front last year and tried balancing them with beads, sucked!
    Removed the beads and went with sticky weights which were better but still not balanced.
    The tires still have 80% tread left but I was thinking of taking the hit and replacing them with a tire that can actually be balanced!
    After seeing this product I figure why not keep the tires that still have lots of life left and use the cash I was going to pay for new tires to cover half the cost of these balancers that I'll have for years to come!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Guy View Post
    I put a set of Vee Rubber VTR-350 Arachnid Tires on the front last year and tried balancing them with beads, sucked!
    Removed the beads and went with sticky weights which were better but still not balanced.
    The tires still have 80% tread left but I was thinking of taking the hit and replacing them with a tire that can actually be balanced!
    After seeing this product I figure why not keep the tires that still have lots of life left and use the cash I was going to pay for new tires to cover half the cost of these balancers that I'll have for years to come!
    Should work unless your Arachnids are out of round. Then replacing is the only solution. If beads and weights didn't balance them I'm skeptical that the Centramatics will either.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Should work unless your Arachnids are out of round. Then replacing is the only solution. If beads and weights didn't balance them I'm skeptical that the Centramatics will either.
    I hope they do, if not they'll be recycled!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default sealant

Unless you have a fairly new tire with issues I would wait till you change the rear tire. Same amount of work other than removing the rotor.

I didn't think this was going to turn into a oil thread but it did. There are a lot smarter guys on this board than me for sure. All I know is I've used the Ride On for years and it does work as a balancer. It will get a violent hop if it's been sitting in the cold and after seeing a good friend with a flat in the parking lot of a hotel in Durango from a small nail and the tire had Ride On in it I quit using it and recommending it. The sealant I use now works as I proved for myself with a drill. The balancer also works as I've experienced from having wheels that shook so bad I thought my fenders were going to break off.

These aren't cheap but they are a one time purchase that can be used over and over no matter how many tires you go through and can be transferred from Spyder to Spyder. Do what works best for you.
    What sealant do you now use?
    Last edited by sandman53; 03-23-2017 at 09:10 AM. Reason: left out word

Indian Land, SC (30 miles S of Charlotte, NC) was Spotsylvania, VA
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sandman53 View Post
    What sealant do you now use?
    This is what he sells posted on the web site so I would assume he would be using as well.

http://www.lamonstergarage.com/lamon...-tire-sealant/
    HokieV

2015 RTS Intense Red Pearl (New Jan. 2016) - Comfort Heated Seat w/Backrest, Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light, superbrightled.com Brake Light Strobe, TricLED fender lights w/Blinker Module & Turn Signal Strips, Stebel Nautilus Horn, FOBO TPMS, Spydercuff, Dual USB outlet, Bike Barn.

Previous - 2011 RT Limited.

Spyder Garage

Default Centramatic wheel balancers

I come from the Gold Wing crowd. I was a dealer for them for the last 4-5 years. Installed them at Wing Ding the second year they were out. These things work! In the case of a bike, there is a combination of a flywheel/gyro effect and being mounted at the axle it helped the bike in counter steering. No Gyro here but the flywheel effect is still present. Used Dyna Beads for years before that as I exchange GL1800 wheels for chrome ones. The physics is pretty much the same but the effect inside a wheel OD is not the same as being mounted on the center hub of an axle. The balancers begin to work at about 15 mph. I don't think a lot of us take off and slowly ramp up speed but give it the gas and pass right though that range. The effect is pretty much immediate. I have these on my 2014 RT and I pulled off close to 2-3 oz of weights and the ride is glass smooth. If you trade up to a newer model, pretty likely you will take this off and install on the new bike.
    You will enjoy more tire longevity and for those that might be feeling a little something in the handlebars, it's gone.
    Buckskin

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSteveFL View Post
    I appreciate Lamont always looking to improve things. Sure it can be frustrating investing in something and months later there is something different or better, but that's life. There's no need to argue about different methods or technologies. To me it's simple - understand the options and make a choice. What works for one doesn't always work for another. I really do hate coming to this community and watching people cop attitudes, name call and hurl insults. So, with all that said... I'd like to just understand better...

I too have Ride-On in my tires as it was recommended about a year ago. I am about ready to change tires so this option has an appeal. I can put these and not worry about some other internal tire stuff like Ride-On, etc. or, I can do Ride-On again. I do like the instant road hazard fix aspect of the Ride-On or AmerSeal as Lamonster is currently recommending so that begs the question to me if I will put something in tire anyway, why not just Ride-On again and get the balancing aspect again. Yes, one negative they say about Ride-On is when tire is not spun in a while the stuff settles and there can be a little time for it to even out again. That hasn't typically been an issue for me because here in FL I am riding usually AT LEAST once a week usually more 365 days a year. The Ride-On does seem to smooth things out.

So here's the real thing for me... Ride-On, at least for me, riding often enough, is always 'ready' and working, no thuds or start up time. Looking at the demonstration video on the Centramatics it looks like they balance perfectly at speed, probably highway speed but they seem to wobble starting up or slowing down. So it looks like this would be perfect for full time highway riding, but what about city riding with alot of < 50mph stop and go? It almost seems the Centramatics will constantly be spinning up and settling almost always being out of balance? I can see the application on trucks traveling cross country all the time but I am concerned about local riding.

Anyone have experience with these and real life experience in stop/go riding? Do you not notice anything at slower speeds or is there 'wobble' at ramp up/slow down periods?
    2016 F3T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Rode a few hundred miles the last couple days with the Centramatic balancers installed. Quite amazing actually. Lots of small vibrations that I had never associated with the wheels and tires are just GONE. The bike almost felt numb at first. MUCH smoother ride. The fenders are dead still going down the road. These are staying on my bike. Major improvement. Very impressed. I never got anything like this from dynabeads or ride on. Also there is NO wobble or twitchiness as starting up from a stop.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Hoping they come out with a version for 14" wheels for my 2011 RTL. Currently they will only fit on 15" wheels.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Very Active Member bodymanpainter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Rode a few hundred miles the last couple days with the Centramatic balancers installed. Quite amazing actually. Lots of small vibrations that I had never associated with the wheels and tires are just GONE. The bike almost felt numb at first. MUCH smoother ride. The fenders are dead still going down the road. These are staying on my bike. Major improvement. Very impressed. I never got anything like this from dynabeads or ride on. Also there is NO wobble or twitchiness as starting up from a stop.
    Just installed them on the front of my F3-T and can tell some difference in the ride already. I will install the rear next week
    after I install a new rear tire. I like them so far!
    Toby
    2020 RTL

Spyder Garage

Joan and I rode over 400 miles yesterday and the ride was smooth as glass. Remember I went from thinking my fender mounts were going to break to this. I'm very pleased with the results.

We good stock now too if you've been waiting

Lamont, I had some questions about these balancers before I had found your video, so I called Centramatic. I spoke to a gentleman who said that it would be OK to dynamically balance the wheels/tires first as the weights would not play havoc with the wheel balancer's, that they would work in tandem. He did say that using tire beads is a no no, that they would definitely work against the balancers, but dynamic balance initially was okay, especially when putting new tires on.

Thoughts on that? Thanks.

--Pete
    Last edited by donnellpj; 03-28-2017 at 07:57 PM.
    2014 Spyder RT Limited , OEM NA Satin Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by donnellpj View Post
    Lamont, I had some questions about these balancers before I had found your video, so I called Centramatic. I spoke to a gentleman who said that it would be OK to dynamically balance the wheels/tires first as the weights would not play havoc with the wheel balancer's, that they would work in tandem. He did say that using tire beads is a no no, that they would definitely work against the balancers, but dynamic balance initially was okay, especially when putting new tires on.

Thoughts on that? Thanks.

--Pete
    He deals with BIG trucks and I did the testing on the Spyder. Do what you like but I got the best results with the wheel weights off and that is what I was told from the motorcycle dealer of these units. You can always take them off later I guess.

By the way we have another large order showing up this week and we will be installing them on the front at Spyderfest. The feedback has been great

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Y Rider View Post
    Hoping they come out with a version for 14" wheels for my 2011 RTL. Currently they will only fit on 15" wheels.
    I have a prototype here that may fit. I need to get a Spyder with a 14" wheel in the shop to make sure it works. If it does we should have those soon too.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Do you have them on front AND back, JC?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Do you have them on front AND back, JC?

Pete
    I
    only have the front ones on so far. The rear one will wait until I take the wheel off for something else.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

We have good stock again

Spyder Garage

I had to bite the bullet and order these..... I was going to wait until at Spyderfest but then thought... why ride all those miles without them on?
    Seems I should just have an automatic deduction from my bank account go to Lamonster Garage every month.....

Looing forward to trying these out!

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I had to bite the bullet and order these..... I was going to wait until at Spyderfest but then thought... why ride all those miles without them on?
    Seems I should just have an automatic deduction from my bank account go to Lamonster Garage every month.....

Looing forward to trying these out!
    I think you got the last full set before we received stock today. And I agree that you'll be better off riding here on a smooth ride.