Spyder Garage

Default Instead of painting your Spyder . . .

I have searched the forum, but I have not found any comments on the pluses and minuses of doing decals on the Spyder.

Over on eBay, there is listing for [ Can Am Spyder graphic & decal body kit ]. The results look great in the pictures they have.

What experiences have people had with body decals like this?
    Please keep in mind I am asking about general experiences and recommendations - not the specific one listed on eBay.

I come from a long line of Body Shop owners and painters. Decals, back then, were always a pain. Not durable, would fade. Difficult to put on. Difficult to take off or would not stay on. Is this still true?

Thanks,
    Tom

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have been using vinyl decals for years and have never had any problems with them, I have used solid colors vinyl like this ( http://burgmanusa.com/gallery/My-Custom-Burg-650/Main_photo.jpg.html ) on my Burgman and printed vinyl and they have lasted for years. It all depends on the shop you go to and the type of vinyl they use, as for putting them on that I never try to do and I have watch the shop I go to and it can be very hard depends on the shape of the part it is going onto.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I looked at those same decals and am very interested as well. Go to their web site for many more styles and combinations.

The faded black flames would look very good on a full moon...my full moon to be exact !

Luckily it is not a limited item.
    2009 Full Moon SE5, Sport Rack, Back Rest, Fog Lights, Hindle, Kuryakyn handlebar accents, Kuryakyn chrome brake pedals X 2, brake caliper trim, just getting started

Spyder Garage

Default decals

I just went to a local sign guy and gave him my ideas and he cut them.Used the Monster energy logo in a carbon fibre vinyl [no green] one for the decklid ,1 for the rear fender and 1 on the tank console.Used the same vinyl for the stripping down the front fender and bar inserts.Matched the font with the Spyder decal on rear panel.I put them on and think they turned out good plus it only cost me $45. so if I want something different i'm not out a whole lotta cash.

Spyder Garage

I have decals on a pick-up truck I bought last year. So far so good on holding up to wear and tear. I had them put on by a professional sign maker. He used a good quality vinyl product. Even had some reflective decals put on my helmet at the same time.

Don't know yet if I'll do anything like this on my Spyder yet. Decals are definitely more likely than a custom paint job.
    Marilyn

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default wraps

I wouild like to see, like the Gator idea, but with Dragon theme or some cool trible or gothic. Or if they would be able to do personnel ideas and input.