Thread: Is it possible?

Spyder Garage

Default Is it possible?

I would like to be able to use the Zumo GPS from my 2014 RTL on our 2016 F3T (w/ OEM radio).
    Am wondering if this is possible without having to buy another BRP GPS specifically for the F3T.

If so, what mount (preferable something that swivels like the mounts on the RTL) should I buy and will it have all the mounting hardware/wires to hook if up?

Thanks in advance for the help. Much appreciated.

Benggolf
    2017 Honda Rebel 500 ABS
    2016 Spyder F3T
    2014 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Indian Scout
    2014 Honda 300 Forza

Spyder Garage

I've used my Zumo on every Spyder I've owned... 2008 GS... 2012 RT and now my 2015 F3. The mounting can be done many ways via various RAM mounts. I currently have mine mounted to the F4 windshield framing so it's right in front where I don't have to look down. I never did like where the RT mounted them in the middle of the handlebars... really felt dangerous looking down at it.

As far as tying into the radio on your F3.... can't help you there, but you should be able to bluetooth it with a BT receiver.. or just run a cable from the Zumo to the input on the radio unit.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Default Any GPS

You can adapt almost any GPS to a Spyder. I'm running an automotive Tom Tom that I already had on a RAM mount and wiring setup from Lamonster and am very happy. It's not as daylight visible as a dedicated bike GPS, but as long as it works for the rare timers I use it I'm satisfied. As a bonus, I wired the 12 volt outlet to be live all the time per his advice and it works well with my battery maintainer. The only thing I changed was to replace the 12 volt outlet with a marine-grade one since I live on the California coast and corrosion is a big issue.