Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default New Spyder owner in G'ville SC

Greetings all!

John here in Greenville SC. I am a new owner of a 2014 (nos) ST limited. So far I love it! I've put about 600 mi on it and have enjoyed every one.

However, you have to make compromises sometimes. For one, to get all of the options of the Limited, you have to live with the chrome accents. More on that later.

Since this sub-forum isn't really active, are there other places that have events and info for the upstate area of SC?

Now, about the chrome. I would like to trade out the chrome wheels, the exh cover and the exh tip with black ones.
    Anyone game?

Thanks y'all!
    --John

Spyder Garage

Default WELCOME!!

& . The SC page on SL stays mainly dormant. Most riders around this area are on FB (NOT ME!!) There are a few in SC that use the SL site, so I'm sure they'll say their "hellos" Ride safe!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Yeah, that's what I thought. While I can understand the draw of FB, it can't compete with the ability to store info for a group to be able to view and retrieve easily.

Oh well.... I guess i'll look them up there. Does anyone know the name of the group/community? Is it just Spyder Lovers, like here?

Thanks again!

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome..!! Welcome..!!

Congrats on your new ryde.. glad you found us, hope you can find a trade for your chrome...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

and on your new

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

& on your new STL!!
    BTW, many Spyderlovers choose to get the list of "New Posts" and will see messages in all the sub-forums, though that doesn't help with getting info about So Caro. events.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Enjoy your new ride, i live in greenville also i have a 2012 rt limited my wife has a 2014 st limited.
    Attached Images Attached Images

rayeade

Welcome to the family. I am located in Easley.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Carolina Spyder Ryders has a FB page.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by john_thecapn View Post
    Greetings all!

John here in Greenville SC. I am a new owner of a 2014 (nos) ST limited. So far I love it! I've put about 600 mi on it and have enjoyed every one.

However, you have to make compromises sometimes. For one, to get all of the options of the Limited, you have to live with the chrome accents. More on that later.

Since this sub-forum isn't really active, are there other places that have events and info for the upstate area of SC?

Now, about the chrome. I would like to trade out the chrome wheels, the exh cover and the exh tip with black ones.
    Anyone game?

Thanks y'all!
    --John
    John,

If you ever want to ride on the weekends let me know. I'm in Hendersonville, NC. We Usually ride up here during the summer, and down south in your area during the winter months.
    2015 RT-S SE6
    USAF Retired 1973-1994

Support our Troops

Spyder Garage

Greetings all!

Anyone game?

Thanks y'all!
    --John

John there's a Spyder event right up the road from you....go there and you can meet the locals....i am going it is next weekend ..memorial weekend

it is in Landrum, SC http://www.spydercomfort.com/dsblue.htm

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone for the info!!

Spyder Garage

Congrats! Welcome to the World!!
    Currently Own: 2011 RS-S SM5 - BRP Comfort Seat, Juice Box Pro, Two Brothers Exhaust

Previously Owned: 1991 GS500E

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

So I followed the link, and while it gave info, it's not very forthcoming with the details.

Can someone point me in a better direction on where to get times, addresses, etc.?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hillybillyheaven View Post
    John there's a Spyder event right up the road from you....go there and you can meet the locals....i am going it is next weekend ..memorial weekend

it is in Landrum, SC http://www.spydercomfort.com/dsblue.htm

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the PM'd info. That helped a lot!

Spyder Garage

So I followed the link, and while it gave info, it's not very forthcoming with the details.

Can someone point me in a better direction on where to get times, addresses, etc.?

Thanks.

Because it is a private home....Krystal is not giving out the address on social media.....she e mailed us the address when we knew we where coming....it just makes sense....don't want trouble makers lurking around.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Service

To All Who Can Help,

John, Congrats on your Spyder. I own a 2012 RT/SE and need some servicing to my Spyder in the near future. Does anyone in the Greenville area know of anyone/anywhere that can service Spyders other then Powersports on Wade Hampton? I need an oil change, back tire and they suggest that I need a 14K mile maintenance check for $1200. in addition to the charge for the tire. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks, John Maher Simpsonville. Call or text as well 864-380-1472

PS This is my first post(virgin) and not sure if it is only going to John's initial post or to all others in Greenville or SC

Spyder Garage

Default New too

Hi John, I just joined today, I am also in Greenville 😄

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYJOHN View Post
    To All Who Can Help,

John, Congrats on your Spyder. I own a 2012 RT/SE and need some servicing to my Spyder in the near future. Does anyone in the Greenville area know of anyone/anywhere that can service Spyders other then Powersports on Wade Hampton? I need an oil change, back tire and they suggest that I need a 14K mile maintenance check for $1200. in addition to the charge for the tire. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks, John Maher Simpsonville. Call or text as well 864-380-1472

PS This is my first post(virgin) and not sure if it is only going to John's initial post or to all others in Greenville or SC
    Sorry I saw this post today. Go to Performance Powersports in Seneca. They are worth the drive. Great service. Not a rip off like Powersports. they suck! Also stay away from the US Spyder Ryders group i Greenville. Poorly run group with dangerous unsafe riders. Better to ryde alone than to put up with substandard people.
    2016 RTS , GPS, entertainment cable. Outlets in trunk and trunk. White

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default New Owner of Spyder F3

I too am a new owner. Rode a Harley for a number of years until medical issues. Now I need to learn how to ride the Spyder. Rode my husband's a couple of times, but that was 3 years ago. Now I need someone who knows the Spyder to give me some lessons. My husband is laid up after having hip replacement surgery, so he can't help me at this point. I live in Easley, but not far from Cycle Gear or the Powersports where I bought the Spyder from.